Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:48:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 105354 times)
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #580 on: April 03, 2007, 04:25:42 AM »

everyone could play that solo, BH will always be a gimmick to me. i respect his technical skills, but please don't make a halfgod out of him.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #581 on: April 03, 2007, 05:16:35 AM »

Nesquick was banging on about how good the guitar work was on this and how it was all down to Richard Fortus...until someone told him that it was in fact Buckethead.  Funny! hihi

Here today...ready to rock
Death Cube K
« Reply #582 on: April 03, 2007, 05:24:09 AM »

Cant belive people thought it was someone else than BH. It sounded so BHesque.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #583 on: April 03, 2007, 06:16:32 AM »

everyone could play that solo, BH will always be a gimmick to me. i respect his technical skills, but please don't make a halfgod out of him.

thats the most true thing said in the last couple of pages! awesome player, but be honest the solo is good, but its not the most unplayable technical thing ever

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #584 on: April 03, 2007, 06:27:16 AM »

thats the most true thing said in the last couple of pages! awesome player, but be honest the solo is good, but its not the most unplayable technical thing ever

it`s not about technical skills......................

bucket delivered fantastic solos on the recordings we know, not just because he`s technically gifted.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
maynard
« Reply #585 on: April 03, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »

halfgod? buckethead is GOD.

I knew it was him, like many others said, it's very bhesque.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #586 on: April 03, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »

LOL...

This is a demo (that could be 4+ years old) and you guys are using this to argue over who is going to be playing on an album that is still at least 3 months out (maybe more).

By the time this thing is released we could be replacing another member for one reason or another and re-recording parts all over again. If the solo works does it matter who is playing it?? Half of you had yourselves convinced it was another member playing it. Either way do you like the solo?

The need to talk about things, just to talk about them is getting old (it was old in 2002). I understand there is a community of people here who have become close (As close as you can get without winding up sitting across from Chris Hansen and an NBC expensed plate of cookies)  but there are plenty of non-GNR related topics to discuss in the Jungle. Why do we have to beat topics into the ground just to have GnR topics. I understand the leak gave us a new prespective on this song, but 40 pages of "Music Experts" arguing over who is playing certain parts is an exercise in futility... It's probably not going to sound anything like you just heard, for all we know the demo has Josh Freese and Paul Tobias on it.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #587 on: April 20, 2007, 11:33:24 AM »

I know you guys have heard it. What do you think?

I actually like the live version better. I'm betting this is another work in progress, not the album version as is claimed.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #588 on: April 20, 2007, 12:04:37 PM »

Good thing we had Madagascar to tide us over this year, eh?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #589 on: April 20, 2007, 12:42:46 PM »

Good thing we had Madagascar to tide us over this year, eh?

Thinking about it, isn't it funny how leaks always seem to come out before tours?

Looks like we got a freebie this time though!

Here today...ready to rock
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #590 on: April 20, 2007, 01:04:41 PM »

this leak had nothing to do with the tour or the band. believe me, i know how it got out there, i had the same stuff from the same source some weaks before darknemous made his "deal" to get this song.
then he leaked it. there was no intention from gnrsucks to leak any of the tracks, madagascar in this case, so this has really nothing to do with the band.
although your theory might sound good, it's far away from what happened, and that's all i gotta say!

by the way, darknemous, if you're reading this post, what is that song that you sent some parts of?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #591 on: April 20, 2007, 01:24:47 PM »

i had the same stuff from the same source some weaks before darknemous made his "deal" to get this song.

So you're going to leak the rest of the stuff you had weeks before then?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #592 on: April 20, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »

no, i'm just telling that this leak had nothing to do with the band, so the whole theory about the leak before the tour is just someone's imagination.
and there was never an intention to leak the song, darknemous just "stole" it as he described on his post.
i'm also a musician and i like to share my songs only when i feel they're finished, so i'm totally against leaking stuff to the net.
it can ruin an album - just see the example of korn's "untouchables", probably their best record, but it didn't sell shit cause it got leaked some months before the album was out.
as much as i would like to hear more stuff from the album, i'm glad more stuff hasn't leaked yet, or it'll probably ruin the momentum when it finally gets out.
so don't even bother asking me for anything. you know there's more stuff from where "madagascar" came out, just search you tube and you'll find some pieces of the song "chinese democracy". so i'm not saying anything new, just don't bother me with pm's or emails.
as an artist i wouldn't it to another artist, and i got extremely pissed off when gnrsucks went for the supposed deal that turned into  "the darknemous incident"
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #593 on: April 20, 2007, 04:59:52 PM »

as an artist i wouldn't it to another artist, and i got extremely pissed off when gnrsucks went for the supposed deal that turned into? "the darknemous incident"

As an "artist" myself I couldn't give a ratts ass if people heard my music before it was finished as long as they knew it was just a demo
Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #594 on: April 21, 2007, 10:19:27 PM »

as an artist i wouldn't it to another artist, and i got extremely pissed off when gnrsucks went for the supposed deal that turned into? "the darknemous incident"

As an "artist" myself I couldn't give a ratts ass if people heard my music before it was finished as long as they knew it was just a demo
I agree , what the hell is the big deal , it just seems people are being
greedy about this , the only people who really give a crap are GN'R fans
and I'm "Pretty Sure" the fans are going to buy this album regardless of
the how the demos sound.It only sweetens the pot , and makes more people
interested in comparing the undone tracks and the done tracks. I think after
20 years of fans, most of them will understand the situation!

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #595 on: April 22, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »

as an artist i wouldn't it to another artist, and i got extremely pissed off when gnrsucks went for the supposed deal that turned into  "the darknemous incident"

well the u'r an artist with no sense of impact, wich is basicly all an artist can have goin on for him now-a-days.
the songs are not goin to leak. deal with it ok

Chinese Democracy!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #596 on: April 22, 2007, 10:10:35 AM »

^^

hey, we got maddy "leak". deal with it  ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
lsf
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #597 on: April 22, 2007, 04:20:52 PM »

why do people seem to believe he's trying to make a political statement with the MLK? It goes beyond that, I think the quotes are done to evoke an emotional response that is in keeping with the song. If you ask me, they totally do that. In fact, they work better than any solo could. It seems like he's toned down the 80's aspects and tried to develop a break from the norm with something other than a traditional solo. It's got no real fast parts, it's all designed to make an emotional statement.

It's a breath of fresh air from Slash. Funnily enough, Slash is toning it down too these days, but I don't think his solos sound invigorating that way, more like a washed up 80's hair metaller with his balls chopped off for modern radio tastes - whereas Madagascar totally has a solo feel that's pretty much all emotional with no technical wankery. Really, at this stage - Axl needs that.

Also, aren't the good parts of the solo Fortus? God I love Fortus's playing, it's so emotionally keyed and in-tune with himself. It's very, very real. I don't get the whole wanky shredder vibe I get from Bumblefoot and Buckethead.
« Reply #598 on: April 22, 2007, 04:22:35 PM »

With respect, you aren't one of the very few "artists" who stand a chance of turning a profit from their recordings, nor demanding hundreds of thousands of dollars per show. If there were literally millions of dollars at stake you'd want to present the best possible recordings and shows, wouldn't you?
« Reply #599 on: April 22, 2007, 04:25:25 PM »

Also, aren't the good parts of the solo Fortus?

No. On the demo it's Bucket. Guess you like that "wanky shredder" more than you thought.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: