Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:56:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 104821 times)
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #620 on: April 25, 2007, 11:51:33 PM »

I just wish the solo was louder and the quotes softer.?

i agree, thats the first thing i thought of when i heard that part. but yeah the song is fucking awesome, don't know if its the best of the bunch tho, they are all great.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 05:17:23 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #621 on: April 30, 2007, 11:19:09 AM »

I remember hearing this song for the first time on a shitty low quality stream from Rock In Rio 3. I was up in the middle of the night (or early morning) listening and suddenly you hear something like this.

Very memorable.

Even then you could tell that it was something different for GN'R, but with the classic GN'R ingredients.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #622 on: April 30, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »

first time I heard it, again on RIR3 in '01, I knew that it was favourite GNR song. And still is.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
vanilie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #623 on: April 30, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »

I just wish the solo was louder and the quotes softer.?

I think it's better if quotes and solo are at the same level because when you listen to this part with your attention on the quotes, it sounds differently if you were listening to the solo . it is not very clear but I hope you know what I mean? Grin

madagascar is my favourite new song, and it could be as huge as november rain !

intro, chorus, verse and solo are amazing. the only bad point for me is the outro : it's too repetitive. maybe with different lyrics in the last chorus, it would have been better.

last, it will be the first song I will listen to, once chinese democracy in my hands !
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 04:48:29 PM by vanilie » Logged
Nick722
Headliner

« Reply #624 on: May 01, 2007, 01:17:02 PM »

I remember hearing this song for the first time on a shitty low quality stream from Rock In Rio 3. I was up in the middle of the night (or early morning) listening and suddenly you hear something like this.

Very memorable.

Even then you could tell that it was something different for GN'R, but with the classic GN'R ingredients.

/jarmo

That must of been awesome!
Madagascar was the first New song I heard as well, when I was just getting into Guns my friends burnt me a disc with it on it. I still remember the first time I listened to it.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #625 on: May 01, 2007, 10:28:07 PM »

this was my favorite new song in 02 and i think its gonna kick ass on the album

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #626 on: May 01, 2007, 10:34:39 PM »

Great song, but Chinese Democracy studio intro sounds so badass!  I love the build up and tension it creates!
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #627 on: May 01, 2007, 10:41:04 PM »

the guitar solo with the quotes is the most intense minute of music i have ever heard...so powerful...............

you kidding? it sounds really forced; trying to be powerful but falling far short thanks to an overly long MLK speech sample and a lazy unimaginative guitar solo from someone who has proved they can write much better (eg. TWAT solo)

there are many GNR songs that are tonnes more powerful

i don`t think he`s kidding.....? ?i also think the solo is awesome ok

im not kidding...............

Interesting, because I don't think you can compare TWAT and Maddy solos. I like both songs very much, but I got to say that the TWAT solos (and one in particular) is very memorable and a little eerie.

These leaks might just keep the interest of GnR' and CD alive.
ben9785
« Reply #628 on: May 02, 2007, 12:00:46 AM »

Yep first version I heard was shitty RIR3 stream, amazing song completely blew me away
The final completed studio version is going to be amazing I'm sure
As long as they get the production right on because there's alot of layers in this song and from this demo at least you can hear how it builds up and the ideas develop as the song progresses
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #629 on: May 02, 2007, 01:54:29 AM »

I feel like I am one of the few people who actually like TWAT a whole lot better than the other leaked/demo/live CD songs.
greendog
« Reply #630 on: May 02, 2007, 10:50:46 AM »

Great song, but Chinese Democracy studio intro sounds so badass!? I love the build up and tension it creates!

likewise... i just wish that the full song was leaked or not leaked at all.
greendog
« Reply #631 on: May 02, 2007, 10:52:45 AM »

sorry for the double post, but does anyone actually know what else was on the new disc with madagascar besides chinese democracy?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #632 on: May 02, 2007, 10:58:53 AM »

sorry for the double post, but does anyone actually know what else was on the new disc with madagascar besides chinese democracy?

the blues i think.. but dude u don't have to double post.. u can just modify your last post instead ok
greendog
« Reply #633 on: May 02, 2007, 11:07:26 AM »

the blues i think

cheers
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #634 on: May 02, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »

I feel like I am one of the few people who actually like TWAT a whole lot better than the other leaked/demo/live CD songs.

no doubt buckets twat solo is insane.....im gonna miss that solo live....its not the same with ron..but he does his best....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
yorch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #635 on: May 02, 2007, 07:13:11 PM »

I think Twat is far far better than the rest of the leaks, when it's properly mixed,it will be one of the best gn'r songs ever (at least if those awesome guitars are not removed)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #636 on: May 02, 2007, 09:10:50 PM »

Love TWAT but I like Madagas, Better, CITR, CD and Blues better.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #637 on: May 02, 2007, 09:17:57 PM »

I would rank Madagascar below TWAT, The Blues, and Better, but I sure do like it.  To me TWAT, The Blues and Better are all right up there with the best songs from the old lineup.  Madagascar is an excellent tune, I love the emotion of the vocals, the lyrics are strong but the verses are short.  The beat sounds really cool in the demo version of it, although I could do with some more guitars added over the top of it.  However we haven't heard the final versions of any of them so I'll reserve final judgment until then
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #638 on: May 04, 2007, 06:23:12 AM »

the blues i think.. but dude u don't have to double post.. u can just modify your last post instead ok

we didn't get nothing from a cd, it was abunch of mp3's emailed so we wouldn't know what's exactly on each cd. we got 6 songs probably from 2 cd's with 3 tracks each since there are 2 #1's, 2 #2's and 2 #3's.

there's chinese democracy, madagascar, the blues, twat, better and IRS. so, nothing new to all of us.
better and irs are basically what we've already heard on other leaks but better mixed. twat is a little different, not on the song structure but it has kick ass really heavy rhythm guitar on the "wrong time from me" part. don't know if this is the final version, or probably something sean beaven worked on while he was producing it. it also has a diferent intro, just about 10 seconds before the intro on the leaks.
maddy, you've heard it. the chinese democracy snippets will give you a good idea of how it sounds, heavy, kick ass song - -never thought i would love it so much. i gotta say that this the best produced song i ever listened to, it's just amazing how powerful this song is. congrats to Axl, he really did something all this time in studio.
the blues is like the 2006 version, no drums for the first verses. axl does the osaka scream at the "only memories" part. i hope it stays like this on the album, it's just perfect. excelent acoustic guitar all over the song right from the intro.
oh, i also noticed an acoustic guitar on this mix of "better", sweet! on the 2nd verse and the "nah nah nah's" at the end. i don't know if it's audible on the leaks.

i really hope they release cd quick, can't wait to hear the rest of it, and i just hope the whole world can listen to studio versions of CD and Blues, it's killer material.

S&P would rate this shit AAA+++!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #639 on: May 04, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »

we didn't get nothing from a cd, it was abunch of mp3's emailed so we wouldn't know what's exactly on each cd. we got 6 songs probably from 2 cd's with 3 tracks each since there are 2 #1's, 2 #2's and 2 #3's.

there's chinese democracy, madagascar, the blues, twat, better and IRS. so, nothing new to all of us.
better and irs are basically what we've already heard on other leaks but better mixed. twat is a little different, not on the song structure but it has kick ass really heavy rhythm guitar on the "wrong time from me" part. don't know if this is the final version, or probably something sean beaven worked on while he was producing it. it also has a diferent intro, just about 10 seconds before the intro on the leaks.
maddy, you've heard it. the chinese democracy snippets will give you a good idea of how it sounds, heavy, kick ass song - -never thought i would love it so much. i gotta say that this the best produced song i ever listened to, it's just amazing how powerful this song is. congrats to Axl, he really did something all this time in studio.
the blues is like the 2006 version, no drums for the first verses. axl does the osaka scream at the "only memories" part. i hope it stays like this on the album, it's just perfect. excelent acoustic guitar all over the song right from the intro.
oh, i also noticed an acoustic guitar on this mix of "better", sweet! on the 2nd verse and the "nah nah nah's" at the end. i don't know if it's audible on the leaks.

i really hope they release cd quick, can't wait to hear the rest of it, and i just hope the whole world can listen to studio versions of CD and Blues, it's killer material.

S&P would rate this shit AAA+++!

Well.....good info I guess. I can't help but be disappointed that the rest of us haven't/can't hear this stuff yet.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: