Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:39:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  You wanted the best, well they didn't fucking make it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: You wanted the best, well they didn't fucking make it!  (Read 13276 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 06:45:24 PM »

Correct, I'm suprised anyone would associate that with GN'R instead of Kiss...

Maybe because the one used by GN'R wasn't exactly like the one KISS used and it can be heard on the only GN'R live record...  Roll Eyes

Maybe if you never listened to GN'R in the first place, you don't associate that intro with GN'R and Live Era.

Some people expect Axl to sing "OK, never mind" during The Blues. I'm not gonna tell you why, it's up to you to find out and this isn't the GN'R section.

I assume the lack of good GNR news has motivated you to pay attention to VR again, but your "humorous" observation is about as fresh as their intro.

Glad we agree that the VR intro is old and dated.

No, I was checking Blabbermouth for general music news, clicked the VR video link for fun and I thought I was listening to Live Era for a second or three.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 06:50:22 PM »

..... So here's what you get, from Hollywood, Guns N' Roses!

That's the way it was done in the early 90s and that's how it can be heard on Live Era.. But since it's 2007, they had to change it to "Velvet Revolver".

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2023139060

Call me a fucking hater, but that made me laugh out loud. They used the same intro as the one on Live Era.? rofl

I agree it's lame for them to use the same intro as Guns did but I think it's even lamer that Jarmo has to bash Velvet all the time when 3 years ago Guns wasn't doing anything and this site could have been confused with a Velvet Revolver fan site.

/jarmo

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 06:55:50 PM »

I agree it's lame for them to use the same intro as Guns did but I think it's even lamer that Jarmo has to bash Velvet all the time when 3 years ago Guns wasn't doing anything and this site could have been confused with a Velvet Revolver fan site.

Yeah, it's lame that I need to point out three years later that they're still using things used back in the GN'R days.....

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 07:02:53 PM »

Just when I thought the Gnr/vr comparison threads couldn't get any more pathetic...
We all agree that it's silly that they use that intro happy now Jarmo?

And falcon why are you allowing this thread to stay open? I thought you were against the Gnr vr comarisons?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:08:08 PM by Grouse » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 07:04:26 PM »

They need to do things like this, play covers, talk shit about Axl, use the same intro... because the only thing they have to offer to the few GNR fans that became VR fans [I think that is obvious that VR has no ''true'' fans, I mean, do you know a VR fan since ''Contraband'' that, for example, dont know the illusions?] is nostalgia. After that intro you automatically think in ''Nightrain'' sang by Axl, or ''It's So Easy''... and now you get a sleeping pill like ''Do It For The Kids'' (in the best of the cases) or ''Let It Roll''.

Tomorrow we will see VR with Scott Weiland entering the stage with a scoth skirt, a bandana and sunglasses... oops, he already did that in halloween...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 07:08:24 PM »

well duff and slash helped write the gnr songs they play and scott helped write the stp tunes then they play a couple other covers. no differnet then the current GnR who play kohd and lald every show and then 12 or so "covers" by your definition....i dont really see the difference myself

as for the topic at hand....yeah jarmo i think the old gnr live intro is pretty lame as well...but hey its a nostalgic thing i guess so why not....everythign is nostalgia these days

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 07:12:59 PM »

Just when I thought the Gnr/vr comparison threads couldn't get any more pathetic...

There's no comparison.  confused

I just don't get the way of thinking here. To use the same exactly intro he used for another band 15 years ago.

If the band had the same name, then I could understand why. Like in KISS' case.

Maybe it's the best intro material he came up with over the last 20 years and he decided to keep using it....

Did he use it for Loaded as well?

/jarmo

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 07:18:37 PM »

There's no comparison.? confused
/jarmo

I used comparison for lack of a better word and I actually agree with you that it's pretty lame that they are still using it but that doesn't change the fact that this thread is nothing else then just another jab at VR
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »

Your all forgettin one thing. Its duffs tech, the same guy who did it for guns. There fore the band ask him to introduce em each night. Im pretty sure he says different things but its down to him how he introduces them.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »

And falcon why are you allowing this thread to stay open?

Ya it's ran it's course.

Same shit different thread.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 07:27:19 PM »

Your all forgettin one thing. Its duffs tech, the same guy who did it for guns. There fore the band ask him to introduce em each night. Im pretty sure he says different things but its down to him how he introduces them.

True.

But it's amusing since this is a "new" band with their own identity.....

Maybe if you never cared for GN'R in the first place, and don't associate things like "the most dangerous band in the world" or "you wanted the best, well they didn't fucking make it..." with GN'R, I guess then you don't find the similarities somewhat amusing.....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: