Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:59:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 94958 times)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 03:54:59 AM »

I just don't know how to feel about this.  I realize Tommy is injured, but is it really THAT hard to get someone else on bass?  These are HUGE shows, and Axl might not ever have another oppurtunity like this.  I thought the point was to tour the ENTIRE world, and then release the album.  Guess were gonna wait a few more years....
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 04:00:50 AM »

"Guns N' Roses have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour, in Japan, but will honor the two MyCoke festival dates in South Africa at the end of the month."

Why is this still on the official website ?

Please, not anothe false start ...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 04:02:37 AM »

If they want to do something for the fans now, they should give something back.

Give us a release date.. or some real studio versions of new songs to listen on myspace.

Something.. otherwise I think the end is approaching soon for this band.

I already lost hope I would see this album anytime soon.. maybe never, but at least they were touring and it still made sense in a way. If they cancel more shows after this they're doomed..

Maybe it's just me, but I came on this board for Guns N Roses.. and now I'm mostly here for VR, more excited to hear songs of Libertad. GnR is a band, we want to hear music. No new music makes us care less and less. Yesterday I've listened to Madagascar - I like the song a lot - but it already feels like an oldie to me  Undecided
Kallyopia
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 04:06:22 AM »

It's gonna be a hard day for moderators (like me   crying  ) on every Gnr forums  confused , i wish it's a joke  hihi ... hope Tommy, the General, get well soon  Wink
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 04:06:58 AM »

"Guns N' Roses have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour, in Japan, but will honor the two MyCoke festival dates in South Africa at the end of the month."

Why is this still on the official website ?

Please, not anothe false start ...

Probable still on the official site cause they haven't updated it yet.

how many false starts has this band had??Cause hell I have lost count.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 04:08:03 AM »

If they want to do something for the fans now, they should give something back.

Give us a release date.. or some real studio versions of new songs to listen on myspace.

Something.. otherwise I think the end is approaching soon for this band.

I already lost hope I would see this album anytime soon.. maybe never, but at least they were touring and it still made sense in a way. If they cancel more shows after this they're doomed..

I put people who predict GNR's future doom on a par with television clairvoyants and carny fortune-tellers - which is probably an insult to both of those dubious professions.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 04:29:44 AM »

Its getting harder and harder to see the point to this band as every day goes by. All of the build up over the last few years is now being rapidly undone by a string of dissapointments and misfortune.

I really hope the band has something positive to say 'soon'.

Here today...ready to rock
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 04:32:31 AM »

Why so madd, The Guy is injured, would your really want a replacement? just the way happened with Brain(its the same thing)
leave em alone.

I know it all sounds bs to us, but give the guy respect, if you'd played in a huge band that is trynig to get fans back etc.
would u replace a bassplayer(just after the drumplayer has been replaced, it be a circus again.

This time they are just facing the truth, I think they know we'll be mad if tommy is replaced(if it even is for a little while),
Have some faith, they have 70 shows planned, this year, this is just a minor thing, just wait till the damn anouncement on CD.com

/Janus
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 04:35:53 AM »

as of right now I don't by that they have 70 shows planned. hell even if they did with the way things are going they wont be played...

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 04:36:18 AM »

It's gonna be a hard day for moderators (like me   crying  ) on every Gnr forums  confused

yea no doubt.  lets not all jump to conclusions and speculate too much.  we dont know whats going on.  for all we know, they could be pulling out of this to get this album out.  but everyone always assumes the negative.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 04:37:30 AM »

It's gonna be a hard day for moderators (like me   crying  ) on every Gnr forums  confused

yea no doubt.  lets not all jump to conclusions and speculate too much.  we dont know whats going on.  for all we know, they could be pulling out of this to get this album out.  but everyone always assumes the negative.

maybe that could be cause of the band track recored with things like this...

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 04:38:37 AM »

thats right, I bet that Gnr is now completing stuff, getting the promotion tour ready(performances on tv etc)
I even think many have been made from July/august,

He's right perhaps it's an positive thing we don't know, let's wait for a while.
MyWayYourWay
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 04:42:31 AM »

Yep, I'm right, there were rumours that Tommy left GNR even before the Versace show, and now this crap, so..
Face it, Tommy's gone and they havent found a replacement yet.. and as far as that goes, they'll re-record everything with their new bass-guitarist..
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 04:43:52 AM »

Yep, I'm right, there were rumours that Tommy left GNR even before the Versace show, and now this crap, so..
Face it, Tommy's gone and they havent found a replacement yet.. and as far as that goes, they'll re-record everything with their new bass-guitarist..

Could be Don't think it is .But hell with this band I would be shocked .

John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 04:44:34 AM »

thats right, I bet that Gnr is now completing stuff, getting the promotion tour ready(performances on tv etc)
I even think many have been made from July/august,

He's right perhaps it's an positive thing we don't know, let's wait for a while.

If they are doing that, now would be a smart time to communicate that to negate the likely build up of negativity this latest (rumoured) announcement. ?Bad news, get some good news out. ?It is unlikely given history of how GnR tends to operate. ?Obviously the good news part would depend on if there is any progress on the CD front, or confirmation of revised dates to tour the affected countries. ?If there isn't any progress on either, then people would begin to read more into it....
elmir
VIP

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 04:46:06 AM »

FUCK!

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
MyWayYourWay
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 04:46:24 AM »

Well the first time I heard about the Japanese dates getting postponed I joked about ''Tommy really left GNR''. But now it certainly looks much like it.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 04:46:31 AM »

If he had left, why would he have allowed them to use his name in the quote about his injury? And why come up with that whole story - truth always outs in the end - people must have seen him around and if he had a busted hand or not...
MyWayYourWay
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 04:47:53 AM »

If he had left, why would he have allowed them to use his name in the quote about his injury? And why come up with that whole story - truth always outs in the end - people must have seen him around and if he had a busted hand or not...

Same happened with Buckethead remember, people saying he's sick and stuff.. that was also a load of BS.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 04:49:57 AM »

Well the first time I heard about the Japanese dates getting postponed I joked about ''Tommy really left GNR''. But now it certainly looks much like it.

Like strange Coincidence said why would he let them us him as a scape goat....but then again this is guns were are talking about

they did cancel a tour cause of bucker being sick. wait or was it Axl didn't know they were supoosed to be touring?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: