Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:27:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Izzy 'news' on the first page?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy 'news' on the first page?  (Read 16616 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« on: April 28, 2007, 07:49:07 AM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1794

April 26th, 2007
Izzy sighting in Los Angeles

Former GN'R guitarist Izzy Stradlin was spotted at the Heaven And Hell concert at the Forum in Los Angeles, CA on April 25th.
Stradlin was seen by the light board enjoying the show.

There is a tiny little Izzy news among the headlines on the first page. I wanna state that I like to read every news, even tiny ones about past and present members of Guns N' Roses. But the VR news, even big ones don't make the first page. If an Izzy sighting worth it, then please explain why the release date of VR's second album isn't there. Thank You.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 09:35:55 AM »

because Izzy is (or at least was last year) involved with the band and Velvet Revolver is not ?

And because this is a GN'R website I don't see why VR related news should get press here. They don't have enough webspace ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
badapple81
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 09:37:37 AM »

Izzy regulary joined GN'R during the 2006 dates and therefore is quite relevant.

VR has no relevance to the current line up. Also they seem to do a good job of generating their own publicity around here, when they need to..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »

Folks, this is ridiculous. So Sebastian Bach or some shitty opening bands are more relevant on a GN'R 'fan' site than those guys' new band who strongly contributed to every album GN'R released and like 85 percent of the songs the new band play live?  Roll Eyes 

(Where is the vomit emoticon?)

Rollin' on the streets
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 12:33:27 PM »

go to a vr forum

here you go
http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com

problem solved ok
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 12:46:25 PM »

go to a vr forum

here you go
http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com

problem solved ok

Are you a mod here? If not then shut up. Thank you. The day you become a mod here I delete my account.  Kiss

Rollin' on the streets
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 01:01:37 PM »

i'm not trying to be a mod, i'm telling you common sense.     Its a GnR site, not a VR site.    Its painfully obvious.  I dont need to be a mod to see that.

If you can't understand that Velvet Revolver is a different band and really doesn't have anything to do wtih the current state of GnR, then I don't know what else to tell you.   They have their own websites.  Check them out even.
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 01:03:14 PM »

i'm not trying to be a mod, i'm telling you common sense.? ? ?Its a GnR site, not a VR site.? ? Its painfully obvious.? I dont need to be a mod to see that.

If you can't understand that Velvet Revolver is a different band and really doesn't have anything to do wtih the current state of GnR, then I don't know what else to tell you.? ?They have their own websites.? Check them out even.

problem solved Smiley, lets get back to the news on Izzy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 01:06:37 PM by shaunbhoy » Logged

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 01:07:24 PM »

I can see where Mikkamakka is coming from this really is a case of double standards...

i'm not trying to be a mod, i'm telling you common sense. ? ? Its a GnR site, not a VR site. ? ?Its painfully obvious. ?I dont need to be a mod to see that.

If you can't understand that Velvet Revolver is a different band and really doesn't have anything to do wtih the current state of GnR, then I don't know what else to tell you. ?They have their own websites. ?Check them out even.

Nor does Izzy I mean what's next? Lars Ulrich news getting posted on the frontpage because he joined them on stage...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 01:07:53 PM »

Izzy isn't taking cheap shots at GN'R while trying to sell records to GN'R fans.

hihi

I didn't know you were expecting VR news to be posted there. After all, you were so upset when I "censored" the "letter" from Scott.

Instead of trying to choose what VR news to post and upset you because of "censorship", I'm choosing not to promote them at all.

We have GN'R to focus on. It's not 2004 anymore.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 01:29:16 PM »

^^ Like I said double standards...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »

Because Velvet Revolver are a fucking joke.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »

I can see where Mikkamakka is coming from this really is a case of double standards...

i'm not trying to be a mod, i'm telling you common sense.     Its a GnR site, not a VR site.    Its painfully obvious.  I dont need to be a mod to see that.

If you can't understand that Velvet Revolver is a different band and really doesn't have anything to do wtih the current state of GnR, then I don't know what else to tell you.  They have their own websites.  Check them out even.

Nor does Izzy I mean what's next? Lars Ulrich news getting posted on the frontpage because he joined them on stage...

The co-founder of the band touring with them in Europe is a lot different than a drummer from another band doing a one off appearance with them when they played in the Bay Area.     Surely you can see that Izzy does have a least some level of involvement with the band. 

Does VR not have their own sites?   Its not double standards at all, nobody in Velvet Revolver has anything to do with Guns N' Roses now.    if I went to one of these VR sites, would I see GnR news posted on their page?   I wouldn't think so, that wouldn't make much sense, and neither does your whining about double standards.
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 01:55:05 PM »

If Velvet Revolver was a joke, then the band would'nt have existed, ?Roll Eyes , don't get me worng both bands are ok but Velvet Revolver to me is a lot better. Cool

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 02:05:12 PM »

You can say what you want.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »

amen to that brotha  Cheesy
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »

The co-founder of the band touring with them in Europe is a lot different than a drummer from another band doing a one off appearance with them when they played in the Bay Area.? ? ?Surely you can see that Izzy does have a least some level of involvement with the band.?

Does VR not have their own sites?? ?Its not double standards at all, nobody in Velvet Revolver has anything to do with Guns N' Roses now.? ? if I went to one of these VR sites, would I see GnR news posted on their page?? ?I wouldn't think so, that wouldn't make much sense, and neither does your whining about double standards.

Ofcourse I realise that Izzy has had more invoment with the current band than any of the other ex-gunners but that was not the point I was trying to make.

The point I was trying to make is that technically speaking if you want to post news about ex members you should post news about all the ex members and not just the ones you happen to like...

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to convince anyone that VR news should be posted on the frontpage I think things are fine they way they are right now but that doesn't mean that I can't have an opninion on how things are being done around here...

You can say what you want.

ok

/jarmo

I'm merely voicing my opinion since that is what I think a messageboard is for....

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to convince anyone that VR news should be posted on the frontpage I think things are fine they way they are right now but that doesn't mean that I can't have an opninion on how things are being done around here...

Wait.. so you think things are fine.. but you don't like it?

How the fuck does that work?  You just talk yourself in circles.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 03:41:10 PM »

Wait.. so you think things are fine.. but you don't like it?

How the fuck does that work?? You just talk yourself in circles.

maybe he's just ok with it, "it's fine" like he don't like it and don't dislike it.. you can have those kind of feelings too, but then again, i don't know shit about what he meant nor do i care about this thread or VR vs Izzy news
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 03:42:57 PM by CheapJon » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 04:30:23 PM »

Exactly  hihi

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: