Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 10:19:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228002 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Izzy 'news' on the first page?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy 'news' on the first page?  (Read 16865 times)
nyd
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2007, 03:58:00 AM »

Haha even this Izzy news didnt make the front page of my Izzy site  Grin I couldnt be bothered copying the two lines ~ which didnt even seem to have a source  rofl

I agree with the VGH comments ~ haven't listened to it in a while now but it was heavily played when I first picked it up. Might give it a listen again today.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2007, 04:35:40 AM »

He's annoyed because I won't promote his hero's latest band.

/jarmo

You're acting like loving Slash's music would be against the rules or would be strange and not needed on a so-called 'Guns N' Roses Fan Site'. Pathetic. If minor Slash news made the first page but major Izzy news didn't, I would also feel it's because the guy who runs the site has double standards or wants to please someone. Did Axl and his guys asked you to neglect VR? Are they happy now? I can't understand how ex-GN'R members releasing music and having a functioning band can be frustrating for 'GN'R fans'. I mean if you like other GN'R songs than Oh My God.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
badapple81
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2007, 05:45:32 AM »

You nailed it when you said 'the guy who runs this site'. It's his site! And he obviously chooses not to support VR anymore for whatever reason. It's not some public service site, it's his site and he has decided to dedicate it to his interest, GN'R 2007.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007, 06:59:29 AM »

You nailed it when you said 'the guy who runs this site'. It's his site! And he obviously chooses not to support VR anymore for whatever reason. It's not some public service site, it's his site and he has decided to dedicate it to his interest, GN'R 2007.

You are right, dedicating the site to 'GN'R2007' whatever that is, is fine. Although me and a lot of other would like to read ex-membes news on the first page, and a lot of GN'R fans read only the first page and not the forum, I can accept that the Headlines section is the current band, only, and we're acting like even the praise of old songs were credited to the current line-up. Well, be it. But selecting which ex-members 'news' got posted is pathetic and ridiculous.

BTW some GN'R news can't make the first page now and get deleted from the forum, too.  peace  Only good news are news, bad news are not needed here.

Rollin' on the streets
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2007, 07:38:45 AM »

just for the sake of discussion: "gnr 2007" is not izzy. and if you say he played with them a few shows last year, so did sebastian bach, hell even kid rock and lars ulrich played with them, or those guys from canada, don't remember the name now, sorry.

i'm not saying i agree with one or another but if you make a point, make a valid one

badapple81
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2007, 07:49:25 AM »

If you want to get technical you can, but I think simple terms might work best.

This board's management obviously do not like Velvet Revolver due to various reasons - therefore you are likely to see updates from all Guns N' Roses and former member news, except for those of Velvet Revolver! Simple!

I can't speak for Jarmo but that's the impression I get. He did state that he does not want to promote a band that gets enough self promotion through talking about Axl. It's his own board so he can dedicate it to whoever he likes and keep off what he doesn't like.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2007, 07:55:21 AM »

If you want to get technical you can, but I think simple terms might work best.

This board's management obviously do not like Velvet Revolver due to various reasons - therefore you are likely to see updates from all Guns N' Roses and former member news, except for those of Velvet Revolver! Simple!

I can't speak for Jarmo but that's the impression I get. He did state that he does not want to promote a band that gets enough self promotion through talking about Axl. It's his own board so he can dedicate it to whoever he likes and keep off what he doesn't like.

Exactly but in that case Jarmo should atleast admit that he does use double standards, which he is not willing to do...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »

What double standard?

I don't like promoting something I don't like.  A guy who takes cheap shots at Axl every chance he gets and yet he doesn't know shit about GN'R since he wasn't there.

Are you demanding that VR sites post news about what Axl's doing as well?

Haha even this Izzy news didnt make the front page of my Izzy site  Grin I couldnt be bothered copying the two lines ~ which didnt even seem to have a source  rofl

I don't post stuff like that unless I know it's true.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2007, 09:12:07 AM »

/jarmo

I am not demanding anything and I couldn't care less if axl news was posted on a vr site but that would be kinda silly since he's not an ex-member of that band...

What double standard?

I don't like promoting something I don't like. A guy who takes cheap shots at Axl every chance he gets and yet he doesn't know shit about GN'R since he wasn't there.

definition of double standards:

A set of principles establishing different provisions for one group than another

You post izzy news on the frontpage yet you don't post news about Vr, gilby, buckethead etc, See what I'm getting at?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2007, 10:21:28 AM »

/jarmo

I am not demanding anything and I couldn't care less if axl news was posted on a vr site but that would be kinda silly since he's not an ex-member of that band...

So you're saying a lot of VR fans aren't interested in what Axl's doing?

definition of double standards:

A set of principles establishing different provisions for one group than another

You post izzy news on the frontpage yet you don't post news about Vr, gilby, buckethead etc, See what I'm getting at?

Gilby was on TV, he had the audiences already. But when there's something big in the Gilby world, related to his solo career, it's been posted: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1754

Buckethead, the same as with VR. He has his own sites and it's hard to keep up with what he's doing when you're not really interested.

There you go.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2007, 10:57:22 AM »

/jarmo

So you're saying a lot of VR fans aren't interested in what Axl's doing?

I'm sure they are but it doesn't make sence to post news of him on a site from a band he has no past with...

Just like you won't see Axl news getting posted on a van halen site just because some forum members there are interested in axl...

Gilby was on TV, he had the audiences already. But when there's something big in the Gilby world, related to his solo career, it's been posted: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1754

Buckethead, the same as with VR. He has his own sites and it's hard to keep up with what he's doing when you're not really interested.

There you go.

/jarmo

Alright fair enough...

Although I have to say that the news item you conviently linked to would not have been there if it wasn't for this thread:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42365.60
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2007, 11:13:42 AM »

Now you're talking about the Slash story. Make up your mind.

Since GN'R is an active band, the focus is on GN'R.

Anything else going on will have to take a backseat. Especially a band who's singer is a clueless dork.

/jarmo

Grouse
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »

/jarmo

You were the one who referred to that piece of news...

Anyway I'm pretty much done with this thread since I now understand you reasoning for selectively posting news.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:32:16 AM by Grouse » Logged
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2007, 11:48:26 AM »

Well lets see....this is a GNR site for GNR fans...most people who are GNR fans like the albums you can buy with GNR music...members of VR appear on EVERY ONE of those CDs.....hense...its legitimate for people who like GNR to have an interest in VR....i'm not saying they HAVE to....but its madness to say VR have nothing to do with GNR....

Theres more people in VR that played on our favourite records than there currently is in GNR....

The only way I could accept that is if the only songs a fan liked were the new leaks...now those have nothing to do with VR...but assuming you like any of AFD, YUI1+2, LIES of SI then its safe to say slash, and duff have some relevance.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2007, 11:59:17 AM »

get over it  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2007, 12:00:14 PM »

/jarmo

Anyway I'm pretty much done with this thread since I now understand you reasoning for selectively posting news.

Yes, to prove I've posted Gilby news.

Which proved you wrong.

/jarmo

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2007, 12:11:22 PM »

/jarmo

Which proved you wrong.

/jarmo

No, it only proved that you hate VR or act like you'd hate them for some reasons you sure know. Just becuase you don't like Weiland VR news don't make the first page. Alright  Roll Eyes

Is Brain still in GN'R? His collabo didn't get mention in the Headlines... What should we do? Hate him or love him?

Rollin' on the streets
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2007, 12:16:58 PM »

/jarmo

Which proved you wrong.

/jarmo

No, it only proved that you hate VR or act like you'd hate them for some reasons you sure know. Just becuase you don't like Weiland VR news don't make the first page. Alright  Roll Eyes

Well it is his board so that is his prerogative. When you start your own site you can post whatever news you want, untill then stop complaining about what someone else does with their own website.  ok
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »

no shit.. isn't it enough these slasholes trolls VR fans get a VR section to discuss VR? rant
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:38:16 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2007, 01:18:46 PM »

You really are fucking clueless.

I've explained it over and over but it just goes over your top hat wearing head.

I don't feel like promoting a band I don't care about enough to put energy into, a band who's singer seems to be interested in taking cheap shots at Axl and a band who has their own fans.

VR is not GN'R. They're supposed to be the most dangerous unpredictable band in the world. Why would they need my help to sell a few extra copies of their albums?

Get over it already Slash fan. This isn't a VR site.

Is Brain still in GN'R? His collabo didn't get mention in the Headlines... What should we do? Hate him or love him?

Do whatever the fuck you want. I'm not telling you to do anything unlike you.

You're trying to tell me to do something I don't give a fuck about, something that doesn't excite me, something that makes me laugh because it's pathetic.

At least I'm honest enough not to post VR news to get some hits from people like you.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: