Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 06:38:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228051 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  tour. album
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: tour. album  (Read 29968 times)
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« on: April 30, 2007, 11:29:53 AM »

Okay so a little while ago, we hear Axl make his tenative date, almost May still nothing.   Yet all these new tour dates are being booked.  Yes it is good and exciting that they r still active and actually doing something and booking shows.  But I'd rather see the god damn album BEFORE they tour the whole world.  Especially when none of the shows are in my area, except for the Everrett one that I attended.  I don't know about you but I think Axl should be spending more of his time and effort getting the ALBUM out then getting ready and booking for shows to go on tour. rant
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:32:13 AM »

You're assuming that it's not done or it can't be done before June?

Why?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ktucker450
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »

It just seems like a repeat of everything we've seen, I'm not a negative person, I would just way rather see the album come out BEFORE they do the next leg. 
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

approx 8 weeks right? with "proper" promotion..whatever that means

so lets say 6-10 weeks from the time we hear about it until the thing drops

so tommorrow is may 1st.....6 weeks from tommorrow is June 5th.....10 weeks from tomorrow is July 3rd...so IF? they announce its ready to go tommorrow then it'll possibly be out within that time frame hihi

the only thing we can do is take it a week at a time then count up 8 weeks....right now we sit at a mid-june release at best peace to assume anymore than that is pointless...hell mid june assumption is pointless....cuz we just dont know anythign until they tell us no if you dont agree....dont buy concert tickets....pretty easy solution

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »

They haven't toured since December. I assume they've been working on something other than the live show since then.....

Unfortunately there's been some delays (as mentioned on gunsnroses.com) that prevented the album from being out already.

We all want to hear the album, but at the same time I can understand not just "rushing" it out there. When you've spent a lot of time and energy on getting something right, you just don't want to take a short cut at the end when the finishing line is in sight.

I feel confident that when everything is in place and right, the album will be out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ktucker450
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 11:43:39 AM »

why would i not buy concert tickets? ?I love and support the band, I just wish they'd get the damn album out, or at least give us an announcement about that before booking MORE shows, the first leg, yeah that was cool that they were doing shows and were out there again, and it still is cool that they r doing more shows and out there again...I just think it is about time they put that album out and gave us some new info about it rather then just booking more shows...Beginning to think Axl's just trying to get money from the shows to pay back the record company lol.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 11:45:07 AM »

well if you disagree with how the band is being run at the moment then why would you support their tour? confused

ktucker450
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »

because boycotting is stupid, and i support the band and tour, just wish tey would put the album out first or work on it more, either way whatever they r doing i support guns n' roses, i just wish the priorities appeared to be different then the way they r appearing now
lastroots
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 11:49:56 AM »

I agree with Jarmo here. It's official that the recording is done, and most likely mixing & mastering is done aswell or at least close to. I'm sure that it's legal issues or, as was rumoured, the search for a new proper management, which is understandable. It wouldn't be a smart move after all what has happened, to release the album & promote the band without a good management. My guess is that the promotion might start midway through the tour, since it seems Guns will be touring until the end of the year.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »

Okay so a little while ago, we hear Axl make his tenative date, almost May still nothing.? ?Yet all these new tour dates are being booked.? Yes it is good and exciting that they r still active and actually doing something and booking shows.? But I'd rather see the god damn album BEFORE they tour the whole world.? Especially when none of the shows are in my area, except for the Everrett one that I attended.? I don't know about you but I think Axl should be spending more of his time and effort getting the ALBUM out then getting ready and booking for shows to go on tour. rant

me too ?ok
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 11:52:31 AM »

I totally aggree with Jarmo...or at least about 95% on this topic.  There's really no reason to think that they are or are not doing anything with the album right now.  Nobody has said either way.

However, this line was funny:

but at the same time I can understand not just "rushing" it out there.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 11:52:37 AM »

They haven't been to any of these countries with this line - up, therefore they can tour without releasing CD to introduce the band, reacquaint fans with the music and introduce 2/3 new songs. ?The trick is before touring Europe or the USofA again, new materical needs to be released to justify touring there again.

Therefore the rumour about an Irish concert in November is interesting as it suggests a possibility of a UK or full European tour, which suggest a CD release plan...
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 11:53:44 AM »

I agree with Jarmo here. It's official that the recording is done, and most likely mixing & mastering is done aswell or at least close to. I'm sure that it's legal issues or, as was rumoured, the search for a new proper management, which is understandable. It wouldn't be a smart move after all what has happened, to release the album & promote the band without a good management. My guess is that the promotion might start midway through the tour, since it seems Guns will be touring until the end of the year.

mixin' mastering close to be made?HuhHuh This must be a joke, what the hell is happenin' with this band is really rare, how long does it takes them to do it, a few years. bands don't take so much time doin' it. after so much years i find really hard to believe this kind of words
ktucker450
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 11:55:29 AM »

with this band, we should all know there really is nothing you can believe until you see it.  Which I GUESS could be what makes all our predictions blind ones.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 11:55:56 AM »

mixin' mastering close to be made?HuhHuh This must be a joke, what the hell is happenin' with this band is really rare, how long does it takes them to do it, a few years. bands don't take so much time doin' it. after so much years i find really hard to believe this kind of words

Just because you don't understand something and can't relate to it, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Bands release shit records every week. Does that make it normal to release shit? Should everybody just do it like that? One hit song and 13 fillers. Is that the norm these days?

/jarmo

kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 11:57:33 AM »

I think we will hear the album after the tour.

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 11:57:53 AM »

I'm sure that it's legal issues or, as was rumoured, the search for a new proper management, which is understandable. It wouldn't be a smart move after all what has happened, to release the album & promote the band without a good management.

I nominate ktucker450 . ?Now go and get that album wrapped up for us!!! ? ok
ktucker450
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 11:59:17 AM »

yes it is normal, but lots of bands release amazing records in a 3 year period. ?Those bands who release shit records...usually are shitty bands which plays a ?big role. ?I'm not saying this record should be done in a year, I'm not saying it should be released just like that, it's just a little frustrating to hear them going on tour over and over and hear NOTHING about the album, not only that, but if the album was out Axl's tours would probably sell a lot better too. ?It's only common sense. ?Now, good bands however, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc. barely ever took longer than a few years, certainly not 14 or 15 or whatever the hell it is we are nearing now, lost count a while ago..all im saying is, album should be first before tour, and if they are close, give us something, even if its BS say something i mean BS has excited us for the past few years lol.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 11:59:45 AM »

However, this line was funny:

but at the same time I can understand not just "rushing" it out there.

Yeah it's so "funny".

It's like if you spent the whole day preparing a nice meal for your family and friends, but in order to save time you take the thing out of the oven too early so the end result tastes like shit.

/jarmo

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 12:03:29 PM »

Now, good bands however, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc. barely ever took longer than a few years, certainly not 14 or 15 or whatever the hell it is we are nearing now, lost count a while ago..

prolly '98 at the earliest....so 8-9 years they've been working on it. but who knows what pitfalls theyve encountered along the way...we know Robin quit and came back...we know Freese quit...we know BH quit....hell they may have started over from scratch a couple times...we dont know.... Undecided

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: