Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:56:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  tour. album
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: tour. album  (Read 29804 times)
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2007, 01:31:38 PM »

Are you fucking stupid?
Not everyone started liking the band in 2002. I clearly remember Goldstein saying they wanted it out by the end of the year. And that was in 1999.

Yeah I remember that too. They said it would be out in '99...

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2007, 01:32:50 PM »

I was talking about you. And go find it yourself, I have a good memory, I don't base my knowledge on digging up articles from 8 years ago and pretending I remember it.

ok then Roll Eyes you need to fucking relax there sweetcheeks....i'm sorry i assumed you could carry on a rational discussion..

since you remember it it must be fucking gospel....you cant back up a claim? then dont type anything Tongue

nightrain2007
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2007, 01:34:45 PM »

I was talking about you. And go find it yourself, I have a good memory, I don't base my knowledge on digging up articles from 8 years ago and pretending I remember it.

ok then Roll Eyes you need to fucking relax there sweetcheeks....i'm sorry i assumed you could carry on a rational discussion..

since you remember it it must be fucking gospel....you cant back up a claim? then dont type anything Tongue

Look, I don't need to prove shit to you, myself and other people here know what we heard in 1999.
Just because you weren't around doesn't make it false. Please move on with the discussion, this singling out thing on message boards really ain't my cup of tea.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2007, 01:35:32 PM »

I started liking the band in 2003.  hihi

Wanting something out doesn't sound like having it set for release, does it?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2007, 01:37:57 PM »

Look, I don't need to prove shit to you, myself and other people here know what we heard in 1999.
Just because you weren't around doesn't make it false. Please move on with the discussion, this singling out thing on message boards really ain't my cup of tea.

yeah i wasn't around in 1999..... hihi

fuck you  rant i just asked for a quote is all....and you freak out...sorry that i thought you were talking about the kurt loder interview...is that better tough guy? now does anyone know what goldstien interview this douchebag is talking about?

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »

16 years is the definition of "not rushing it". There are people who are parents who weren't born when Use Your Illusion came out. The album's had long enough - studio perfectionism and creative procrastination must be responsible for some of the delays.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
nightrain2007
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »

yeah i wasn't around in 1999..... hihi

fuck you? rant i just asked for a quote is all....and you freak out...sorry that i thought you were talking about the kurt loder interview...is that better tough guy? now does anyone know what goldstien interview this douchebag is talking about?

Hahaha, holy shit, way to go with insulting people over the internet and then accusing me of being the tough guy. I hate it when these Greatest Hits buyers act like they invented Gn'R. Good luck with your life man, I got better things to do than sit here and throw insults around online like a fucking idiot.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »

I got better things to do than sit here and throw insults around online like a fucking idiot.

then fuckoff hihi

FYI i never even bought the GH ok

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2007, 01:43:09 PM »

Hahaha, holy shit, way to go with insulting people over the internet and then accusing me of being the tough guy. I hate it when these Greatest Hits buyers act like they invented Gn'R. Good luck with your life man, I got better things to do than sit here and throw insults around online like a fucking idiot.

This guy is unreal hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2007, 01:49:57 PM »

Rolling Stone, January 2000

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=30

go fuck yourself asshole with the incredible memory ok

nightrain2007
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2007, 01:52:34 PM »

Rolling Stone, January 2000

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=30

go fuck yourself asshole with the incredible memory ok

Man, you're so cool every time you insult people online for no reason, you're the kind of guy kids look up to.
Has it occured to you that some of us actually read news articles here on this site back in 1999?
Not everyone has to dig up old articles to look for clues of what happened in the past in a desperate attempt to cover up the fact that they started liking the band in 2005. Now get off my case, I'm bored with you.

Edit: All this because I said he was wrong. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How 'bout a life?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »

16 years is the definition of "not rushing it". There are people who are parents who weren't born when Use Your Illusion came out. The album's had long enough - studio perfectionism and creative procrastination must be responsible for some of the delays.

Hello?

The album has never been this close to a release.

You can say what you want, but they haven't been mixing it since 1993.

Anybody who can use their head understands what I meant with the rushing comment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2007, 01:57:33 PM »

Some of here have memories that go back to when they played Donington in 1988.

In 1999, you could easily say "The album has never been this close to a release" and be right, because it was closer than it was in 1998. And tommorow, it'll be even closer. I'll believe it when I hear the record.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2007, 01:59:55 PM »

Man, you're so cool every time you insult people online for no reason, you're the kind of guy kids look up to.
Has it occured to you that some of us actually read news articles here on this site back in 1999?
Not everyone has to dig up old articles to look for clues of what happened in the past in a desperate attempt to cover up the fact that they started liking the band in 2005. Now get off my case, I'm bored with you.

Edit: All this because I said he was wrong. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How 'bout a life?

you could actually read back in 1999? thats impressive yes

funny thing is that i'm not even wrong... as for my life? i got a good one thanks. ok

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »

Okay so a little while ago, we hear Axl make his tenative date, almost May still nothing.? ?Yet all these new tour dates are being booked.? Yes it is good and exciting that they r still active and actually doing something and booking shows.? But I'd rather see the god damn album BEFORE they tour the whole world.? Especially when none of the shows are in my area, except for the Everrett one that I attended.? I don't know about you but I think Axl should be spending more of his time and effort getting the ALBUM out then getting ready and booking for shows to go on tour. rant
[/quote

Agree.  Happy about them touring but don'r really care also.  Lets hear the album.  Is there one?
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2007, 02:30:49 PM »

We all want to hear the album, but at the same time I can understand not just "rushing" it out there. When you've spent a lot of time and energy on getting something right, you just don't want to take a short cut at the end when the finishing line is in sight.

I feel confident that when everything is in place and right, the album will be out.

/jarmo

I hardly consider 10+ years to make an cd "rushing"...  With that said, it's my opinion that Axl's found a tour promoting scheme that really works.  You say a new album is "just around the corner", maybe leak a few new tracks you plan on playing live, and then go on a big tour without any intentions of officially releasing anything.  Hey, it's worked twice already.  I just don't think the third time will be the charm.  So, before June I expect a new tentative release date with maybe a couple of leaked tracks, but I really don't see the album ever coming out.  It doesn't take this long to make an album.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2007, 02:35:31 PM »

I hardly consider 10+ years to make an cd "rushing"... 

Another one who doesn't get it.

I don't believe it....

I even spelled it out for Danny and you still don't get it?

Ok, here's one more:

Imagine you build a mansion from scratch. You spends years planning, getting permits, building and funding it.

Then you paint it neon pink because you can't wait a few more months to get the color you want. They're all out and won't get more until the end of the summer.

So there you sit in your pink mansion and you hate the place because the fucking color sucks.

You rushed it at the end and paid the price.

I don't expect any of you to get that either because the house took years to build so how could it be rushed....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2007, 02:37:33 PM »

Please no more excuses for this band. ?There has never been ?anything "rushed" with Axl. ?He has not put anything out in 16yrs. ?He has had plenty of time to make about 10 great albums since then. ?I have heard the album is "closer than ever" to being released from everyone in this band. ?Please either put it out or say we are a touring band with no intention of putting out a album. ?It is really frustrating that there is never any type of communictation to the fans on what is currently going on. ?And I am not talking about the gay updates that they give us, that don't really mean anything at the GN'R homepage. ?Glad to hear they are touring again but what is really the point? ?Same set list and same new songs. ? I've heard this all before I am sorry that someone in Australia hasn't but lets think of something new.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:43:21 PM by JDA » Logged
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2007, 02:39:41 PM »

Yeah... except it's normal for a mansion to take years to build.  If an album takes 5 years, let alone 10+ (I've actually lost track so that's the number I'm using), it's considered abnormally long.  It's just music on a cd, not a house.  That's a stupid metaphor.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
gav
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »

until the end of the summer.

/jarmo

ooooh a clue!!!!!!!!! ? Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: