Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:40:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  tour. album
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: tour. album  (Read 29803 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2007, 03:11:38 PM »

The contractor would also lose business... maybe the analogy isn't too far off?

It is far off when the "contractor" is selling out shows in 30 minutes.  GNR doesn't appear to be "losing business".

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2007, 03:12:42 PM »

Like I said awhile ago...

Axl is an artist just like a painter, and you dont go telling a painter to "hurry up and finish his fucking painting."

You wait until he gets the inspiration to finish it Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2007, 03:14:42 PM »

The contractor would also lose business... maybe the analogy isn't too far off?

It is far off when the "contractor" is selling out shows in 30 minutes.  GNR doesn't appear to be "losing business".

Yeah, but where is that?  Australia or some shit?  Those poor bastards are desperate for any band to give them a live show.  Compare the number of GN'R fans in 1990 to the number now.  I'd put money on the fact that they've dropped in popularity

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2007, 03:17:43 PM »

It's like if you spent the whole day preparing a nice meal for your family and friends, but in order to save time you take the thing out of the oven too early so the end result tastes like shit.

/jarmo

Well, i read this and thought, if you leave the meal in the oven too long, then you end up with the same result.  a meal that taste like shit....also usually burnt to a crisp!!

??

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2007, 03:18:34 PM »

Yeah, but where is that? ?Australia or some shit? ?Those poor bastards are desperate for any band to give them a live show. ?Compare the number of GN'R fans in 1990 to the number now. ?I'd put money on the fact that they've dropped in popularity

They're still not losing business, no matter where they're making the ching. ?

And of course there are less GNR fans in 1990 then there are now. ?There are also less RedHotChiliPepper fans now then there was in 1990...and they HAVE released albums in the interim.

Now...compare the GNR fanbase to 2002. ?I would definately say that they have NOT lost business...just based on personal experience. ?I saw GNR at the same venuew both in 2002 and in 2006. ?The tickets to the 2002 show were cheaper, but that time there was a real "empty" feel to the arena. ?Not so in 2006. ?That show was packed.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2007, 03:21:05 PM »

Architects shouldn't be under their clients thumbs as buildings could be even dangerous for the residents.

Axl letter says this is the project their hearts, lives and their passion have been put into every step of the way. if it took 3 years, there would be 3 years of their hearts, and lives and their passion on it and if it took 10+ years, there would be so much more for that.
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »

Uh, I doubt there are less RHCP fans now than in 1990.  That was before BSSM came out.  AND the band continues to release new, relevant music.  Stupid comparison...

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »

Uh, I doubt there are less RHCP fans now than in 1990.  That was before BSSM came out.  AND the band continues to release new, relevant music.  Stupid comparison...

Ok.  Fine.  Then Compare it to after BSSM came out (not sure...not a RHCP fan) came out.  That's not the point.  The point is they aren't as popular now as they were in their prime.  Duh.

VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »

And even then, I don't know about that...  RHCP are pretty popular these days.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2007, 03:40:46 PM »

And even then, I don't know about that...  RHCP are pretty popular these days.

Sure they are.  Can't turn around these days without seeing a kid wearing a RHCP t-shirt.  Sorry, no.  They were at their prime in the 90's.  As was GNR.  Comparing popularity from when a band was in their prime to now is dopey.

VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2007, 03:43:44 PM »

Your mom's dopey

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »

I really suggest people just "let go" when it comes to the album.... we have no control over it. Maybe we'll see it someday.... maybe not.... honestly... people need to accept that.

In the meantime... at least we still have Axl.... at least we still have the band.... at least they still tour....

5-10 years from now... maybe even by next year... that may not even be the case anymore....

Enjoy what you have... while it's here.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2007, 03:48:23 PM »

VolcomStone: what are you doing in a Guns N Roses forum?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2007, 03:48:30 PM »

It's not like Axl's been working on Chinese Democracy since 1993, like people think to believe. Remember that Guns (with Slash, Duff and Matt, mind you) in 1996 said they were working on an album "not as epic as Illusion, and not as raw as Appetite"?

So I think the CD project didn't start until 1997-1998. Still, a heck of a long time for an album but don't give me the "OMG CHINESE DEMWOCRASY HAS BEEN REWORKD FOR 15 YEARZ!!!!11!!!1!"

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »

Contractors buillding your house?

WTF?

I said YOU are building a house. It means, you plan it, fund it and build it yourself.

Occasionally you might get help from people. Like with plumbing. But then you realize the plumber has other things he'd rather do than to help you so your schedule gets pushed back. All this while all your friends are asking you when the fucking thing will be done and why you can't give them a date for when they can come and use your pool.

You'll have to wait for the plumber since it's the only one who can get the plumbing right. It's your dream house and it must be right.

Instead of sitting at home waiting you go abroad for two weeks on a vacation and your friends are telling you to stay home and finish the house. They really want to use your pool!

Then you find out the paint you wanted is sold out so you either wait a while or paint the thing Poison green.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »

Axl is an artist just like a painter, and you dont go telling a painter to "hurry up and finish his fucking painting."

I agree totally with you
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2007, 03:54:58 PM »

WTF?

I said YOU are building a house. It means, you plan it, fund it and build it yourself.

Occasionally you might get help from people. Like with plumbing. But then you realize the plumber has other things he'd rather do than to help you so your schedule gets pushed back. All this while all your friends are asking you when the fucking thing will be done and why you can't give them a date for when they can come and use your pool.

You'll have to wait for the plumber since it's the only one who can get the plumbing right. It's your dream house and it must be right.

Instead of sitting at home waiting you go abroad for two weeks on a vacation and your friends are telling you to stay home and finish the house. They really want to use your pool!

Then you find out the paint you wanted is sold out so you either wait a while or paint the thing Poison green.

/jarmo

personally...since i'm in the construction buisiness...i'd highly recommend that someone doesnt build their own house and that they hire a contractor....they are the ones who know how to schedule the construction properly and who to hire to do the job right. Sure the owner can pick the design and the colours and finishes but the peopel who know how to do the work should do it while the owner pays them to do their job peace

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2007, 03:57:44 PM »

I agree totally with you

Me too

Music is an art, and most of the great artists have frustrated people if you read your history books. It's the way things have always been

I am wanting Axl to give to the world something he thinks is great because I respect everything all the output he has given us up until now.
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2007, 04:02:05 PM »

It took Michelangelo 3 years to paint the ceiling of the sistine chapel which is arguably the greatest piece of artwork in the history of man. Now this was done in the 1500's with no modern technology whatsoever. Now does someone want to explain how an amazing talent like Axl Rose with every modern tool and amenity at his disposal has taken twice as long and still has yet to release this record?

There's a lot goin on here.....
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »

WTF?

Hmm...maybe it's just an American thing, but if somebody says to me "I'm buidling a house" it doesn't really mean they are building it themselves.  It just means they are having a new house built specifically for them on some land they have purchased or something rather than moving into an already-built house.  Again, it's probably just a regional phrasing thing.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: