Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:18:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  "She Builds Quick Machines" Video Treatment
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "She Builds Quick Machines" Video Treatment  (Read 13843 times)
greendog
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 07:35:29 AM »

i just want a performance video... dont want to see them trying to act.  no
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 09:55:18 AM »

From Blabbermouth...I didn't see a date before.

VELVET REVOLVER is in the process of shooting the video for its new single, "She Builds Quick Machines", with director Dean Karr, who previously worked with the group on the "Set Me Free" clip. Karr posted a treatment for the video on his MySpace blog and revealed that the band would be filming the clip on May 1-2. The overall theme of the video seems to be a futuristic western road movie. Check out the details at this location.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 01:47:33 PM »

Good Lord - words almost fail me!? I haven't heard the song and can't comment on the storyline's suitability with reference to the track, but Karr will have to be a miracle worker if he imagines it'll be possible to give any of that tired, hackneyed narrative a "fresh approach".? Cliche-ridden and lacking any shred of originality, just reading the synopsis made me cringe - let alone seeing the man I once thought to personify coolness on stage demeaning himself by 'performing' in it.

Unless, as someone mentioned earlier, I've completely missed the point of course and it's intended to be a giant piss-take of videos from their collective past.? Or, maybe, given Slash's British roots, they're planning on making it into a kind of 'Carry On..' video, with Slash as Sid James, aka, the Rumpo Kid.? Now that I would like to see.? Grin

Time will tell..

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
torqued
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 08:44:18 PM »

Good Lord - words almost fail me!? I haven't heard the song and can't comment on the storyline's suitability with reference to the track, but Karr will have to be a miracle worker if he imagines it'll be possible to give any of that tired, hackneyed narrative a "fresh approach".  Cliche-ridden and lacking any shred of originality, j synopsis  ? Grin

Time will tell..

It should fit perfect with the music they write.

All my opinions are based on fact, therefore my opinions are technically fact ,so don't argue with me.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 05:44:33 PM »

i just heard this song on youtube from there rio show...is this seriosuly there first single? its horrible. ill wait till i hear the finished version but so far its really not up to par from there last effort. im really not trying to be a dick but slither is way better than this song. This sounds like a song some hot chick should be lyp synching too...

wow...hope they have some stuff that sounds like slith and ygnr on he new disc....ill even take some of there other songs over this
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:49:58 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 06:19:54 PM »

i just heard this song on youtube from there rio show...is this seriosuly there first single? its horrible. ill wait till i hear the finished version but so far its really not up to par from there last effort. im really not trying to be a dick but slither is way better than this song. This sounds like a song some hot chick should be lyp synching too...

wow...hope they have some stuff that sounds like slith and ygnr on he new disc....ill even take some of there other songs over this

Seriously what other songs have you heard?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »

Matt Sorum has posted the following message on his blog:

"Hey everybody. Just gettin back out on the road. Had a great time in South America. Fans were amazing. Came home and made a video for our first single 'She Builds Quick Machines'. It's going to be kick-ass. I am playing a Harley-ridin' Freedom Fighter. Dean Karr directed. Old friend and super-talented guy. Anyway, played L.A., San Francisco, Seattle and flyin' now to Chicago. Fun to be out on the road again. The band is sounding tighter than ever. Playing a lot of new material on this small club and theater run. I hope everyone is enjoying it. Take care all and keep the rock alive!!!!"

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 11:40:19 PM »

In light of this treatment, heres an interesting video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=le_e9MRUMUU
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 11:54:41 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 11:41:18 PM »

I am playing a Harley-ridin' Freedom Fighter.

OMG, I wonder how this video is going to turn out...

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: