Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:06:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 2nd - Monterrey (updates)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 2nd - Monterrey (updates)  (Read 43963 times)
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »

same old boring seltlist....change it around for gods sake.

i hope the fans enjoyed the show, but it seems to me they got ripped off. a short set list, late start time, and only 14 originals!!!!! no maddy or cd??? play the new stuff, ax the covers, the new stuff is great.....move on...just like ax said, "i want to bury appetite." listen, i love appetite..but its time for a new chapter after 20 years...

Did you notice that in 1993 they played more covers?

The shows didn't start at 9PM back then either....

We've been ripped off for years.? crying

For fuck's sake, they're not playing the shows for us at home. They cut one song out of the encore and it's like the end of the world.

Some shows are a bit shorter, some are longer. That's how it is.

/jarmo

i dont think there is a need to start using profanity. i gave my opinion, thats it. you can agree or disagree...no problem. but just because you disagree with someone's opinion doesnt give you the right to go on ranting with profanity...i just thought (and so did many people at the show last night) that the wait was way too long (12:45 am!) and they felt the set list was cut short....thats all im saying....ive been to over 100 shows over the past 20 years and i will continue to go to as many as i can....im not attacking the band i love...im just giving my observation of one show last night.

He said ONCE "for fuck's sake".

For fuck's sake, get over it...

another very mature response...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »

Thanks HBK. ?When you mention "sand, " what does that mean?

I don't know, but maybe floor?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »

*anxiously awaits pics*

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2007, 01:49:58 PM »

I say one thing and one thing only......at least Axl showed up and/or nothing happened to prevent the show. So with that, it looks like things are still going to keep moving wherever they move.

Whew! ?I'll second that. ?And at least we won't get so nervous next time if 12:45 rolls around and they're still not on stage
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »

same old boring seltlist....change it around for gods sake.

i hope the fans enjoyed the show, but it seems to me they got ripped off. a short set list, late start time, and only 14 originals!!!!! no maddy or cd??? play the new stuff, ax the covers, the new stuff is great.....move on...just like ax said, "i want to bury appetite." listen, i love appetite..but its time for a new chapter after 20 years...

Did you notice that in 1993 they played more covers?

The shows didn't start at 9PM back then either....

We've been ripped off for years.  crying

For fuck's sake, they're not playing the shows for us at home. They cut one song out of the encore and it's like the end of the world.

Some shows are a bit shorter, some are longer. That's how it is.

/jarmo

i dont think there is a need to start using profanity. i gave my opinion, thats it. you can agree or disagree...no problem. but just because you disagree with someone's opinion doesnt give you the right to go on ranting with profanity...i just thought (and so did many people at the show last night) that the wait was way too long (12:45 am!) and they felt the set list was cut short....thats all im saying....ive been to over 100 shows over the past 20 years and i will continue to go to as many as i can....im not attacking the band i love...im just giving my observation of one show last night.

He said ONCE "for fuck's sake".

For fuck's sake, get over it...

another very mature response...

Your posts are very mature.

You claim you support the band, but you want them to fit your needs. It doesn't matter that 15000 people are having the time of their lives, you want the band to play songs for you. And you weren't even there!

What exactly are you supporting? A band that fits your needs or a band that does what they think is right?

I pointed out how Axl's doing what he's been doing since day one. He's gonna give the best show he can.

You on the other hand will find anything to complain about, even though it has nothing to do with you.

Thousands of fans are probably feeling happy this morning after seeing GN'R for the first time since 1993 (or ever for some fans), but that's not good enough for some of you who sit behind a keyboard in another country.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2007, 01:57:17 PM »

I saw GNR 3 times.  Everytime they played practically the same setlist, but I never once left being like well that sucked.  Every time was awesome, see Tommy's quote if anyone has any complaints

bucketman
Headliner

« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »

"What exactly are you supporting? A band that fits your needs or a band that does what they think is right?"

How can you possibly justify that what they are doing is because they feel they are doing the right thing? this is now the 4th fucking tour that has been self proclaimed "the chinese democracy world tour". that is blatent false advertising for two reasons:
1-a fan who wants to hear new material would think that due to the title they will hear new stuff (and more than 3-5 songs)
2-when they don't actually play said title song, and therefore how can you call it the Chidem world tour?

This band has become a joke
Laz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2007, 02:07:02 PM »

is there any pics and reviews yet??
SLCPUNK
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2007, 02:08:05 PM »

Funny, same setlist, but same crybabies too........ hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »

Feel free to fuck off then.  ok

Funny, same setlist, but same crybabies too........ hihi

Exactly. Who's surprised?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2007, 02:12:33 PM »

"What exactly are you supporting? A band that fits your needs or a band that does what they think is right?"

How can you possibly justify that what they are doing is because they feel they are doing the right thing? this is now the 4th fucking tour that has been self proclaimed "the chinese democracy world tour". that is blatent false advertising for two reasons:
1-a fan who wants to hear new material would think that due to the title they will hear new stuff (and more than 3-5 songs)
2-when they don't actually play said title song, and therefore how can you call it the Chidem world tour?

did you actualy think they were going to change the setlist??

basically the 02' tour was to keep the band intact and it was only a short Europe jaunt and 15 us shows ( i believe)

this is a world tour before the album releases and more than likely a world tour after the album releases.. different legs and in different times.. they needed time off to finish the record and they should be done or finishing what they need finished.

I believe this may be the final stretch as theres not many countries left to play in... hihi a strategy some may not get..but i'll bet it has something to do with $$$$

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2007, 02:14:31 PM »

Ok, what I don't get is why do there have to be alot of new songs?
At the show here last year, every time they played a new song, the arena went quiet, because unlike us, most of the people there don't come to boards and haven't a clue about leaks. Most of the people I spoke with there said they came because they used to like GN'R when they were younger and wanted to relive it and see them live.
IMO playing the old, familiar & loved songs is good, it's what people know and what is dear to them, and to us all.
Best thing (after these gigs) would be to release, let the new songs become familiar with most people and then start playing them in the shows and a few less of the old.
I was pretty much the only one singing along to the new songs in '06, everyone around me sat down and just listened.

peace

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
slashBOG
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2007, 02:15:23 PM »

sand is the translation for the word ARENA...? u know the sand on the beach.. but in this case is the arena ,, the venue? Tongue
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2007, 02:16:42 PM »

Where are the reviews? ?I think it's important for us to hear from someone that actually attended the show to get the thoughts & feelings of the mexicans
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2007, 02:33:09 PM »

One thing I know for sure ... they're just gonna start playing more songs of Chinese Democracy when the CD is released, because otherwise we would know "all" the songs of the CD and there would be no surprise at all. And i don't remember who, but someone in the band said they were only playing Better, IRS and TWAT because they leaked... so, forget about new songs on these leg of the tour!

However ... i think we DO need to discuss about the setlist... OF COURSE, i would be pleased to see a Guns N' Roses show with this exact songs... i would fuckin' go nuts! I wouldn't complain at all ... But hey, why they don't play "new old" songs, like Civil War, Perfect Crime (that was on possible songs setlist) and Estranged? Why?? It would be even BETTER! It would be a great surprise to the fans that are following this new GN'R since 2001 !

I guess a lot of people here don't understand why they don't do that, including myself, and that's it... we don't need to bash these guys ... they love GN'R just as you do !
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2007, 02:36:42 PM »

remember its usually the poeple who DONT go to the shows who actually complain bout the setlists. 

the poeple who DO go DONT complain   yes

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2007, 02:39:31 PM »

remember its usually the poeple who DONT go to the shows who actually complain bout the setlists.?

the poeple who DO go DONT complain? ?yes

For your information: i saw them at Rock in Rio 3 and didn't see them since then because i cannot aford to travel to another country just to see them... if I could, I would, you can bet that...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 02:46:59 PM by guscouto » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2007, 02:40:11 PM »

One thing I know for sure ... they're just gonna start playing more songs of Chinese Democracy when the CD is released, because otherwise we would know "all" the songs of the CD and there would be no surprise at all. And i don't remember who, but someone in the band said they were only playing Better, IRS and TWAT because they leaked... so, forget about new songs on these leg of the tour!

It makes perfect sense to most people that you don't want to ruin the surprise by playing a lot of new songs at this point.

Especially when we haven't heard those songs.

/jarmo

guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2007, 02:44:38 PM »

It makes perfect sense to most people that you don't want to ruin the surprise by playing a lot of new songs at this point.

Especially when we haven't heard those songs.

/jarmo

In this matter, i totally agree with the band's choice! I can't wait to hear the album with a bunch of new songs...
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2007, 02:46:04 PM »

I can't understand the notion some of you are convinced of that states that GNR MUST play new, as of yet unheard songs....Hell, when ANY band actually releases an album, they play at most 5 songs from a new record, if not less
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: