Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 15 Melbourne Updates
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 15 Melbourne Updates  (Read 15958 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2007, 04:32:50 PM »

Thanks for the updates. Another great show. Hopefully some more video and audio will surface from these soon.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2007, 04:39:15 PM »

Another awesome set. Thanks to those who took the time for the updates  ok

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2007, 05:02:47 PM »

This setlist is better than the last one. Grin

You really know who's Maradona!
Gunner_Rose
Headliner

Mr Mojo Risin

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2007, 05:12:27 PM »

Another great setlist by Guns N' Roses, the most dangerous band in the world. peace

Fincklosophy
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2007, 05:19:34 PM »

BUMBLEFOOT Rulez """

Motherfuckers !!! GUNS N'0 FUKIN' ROSES !!!!

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2007, 09:51:11 PM »

Hey.. Was an AWESOME show last night....My First live guns show..  peace    ears r still ringing..LOL
Rose tatoo were good..crowd was really into them which is normal but at one point Angry was having probs with his mike but handled it well..

Baz was CRAZY ...Played a long time too....at one stage he started a song but then  Told the band to STOP because they wernt loud enought... ok   Near the end of his set he said he was told to get off the stage because it was 11 but he said no he HAS to play I remember you..which the crowd LOVED and All sang..... all sang to 18 and life too.. ok
But he played another song after I remember......They did have trouble with an Acoustic guitar not working for a new song so Baz Said stuff it and they played Monkey Buiseness.. beer

Guns were Awesome.....Axl was on fine and in a real GREAT mood... ok Great set list..I thought The solos were Perfect. They just went long enough, After the Richard and Robin Solo Axl says.."enough of the gayness" and was laughing..LOL  And once Axl allmost his Ron with his hand and then both smiled waqs a nice monent..Pyro was Amazing..... ok   Ron playing Back in Black in the start of his solo was cool too... Everyone was standing and VERRY Happy.. Most new songs went off well....Better and IRS sounded the best..Maddy sounded a bit off with all the speeches and stuff...but im so happy we got the full set list.. CD had the intro and sounded REAL heavy...
Anyway Awesome show......Fan Tastic.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Mr. Madagascar
Headliner

"Hope to see you soon boys and girls", Axl Rio 01-15-01

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2007, 02:19:03 AM »

Great opdates. Thanks  Smiley
Keep Rocking ok

08/19/91 Copenhagen, Denmark
06/08/93 Gentofte Stadion, Denmark
08/24/02 Pukkelpop,Belgium
08/26/02 London Arena,England
05/12-14-15-17/06 Hammerstein, New York
06/29/06 Roskilde Festival, Denmark
Megaguns
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2007, 03:38:32 AM »

Just got home, What a fucking awesome experience. Thats about all i have to say for now, ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
R.A.W.
Headliner

Don't Fuck With Me

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2007, 05:04:50 AM »

Heading back for Round 2 tonight. Last night was just pure rock 2meters from the stage. Tonight with wife in tow I will enjoy from afar.

Thank You GNR for ending my 14 year wait last night, It was worth every bit and some.

Do You No Where The Fuck You ARRRRRRRE?HuhHuh
Christian
VIP

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2007, 09:59:54 AM »

Youtube videos i found:
November Rain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhtTOMdnWog&mode=related&search=
Madagascar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DbGInNJT_g
Mr. Browstone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYUDF3jnbkQ
Welcome to the Jungle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYU2-pHZuUs
Paradise City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ69SoYNosw
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2007, 04:52:09 AM »

I saw them three times last year, and I think that the Melbourne has been the best to date.
Got Sydney next weekend so we'll see...

Baz went off. So fucking cool. The crowd was awesome, and he literally had to be kicked off the stage.
Guns were awesome. All in a really good mood. I don't think it was the best vocal performance I have seen by Axl, but the energy of the crowd was so great and it was reflected in the band.
Better was a bit sloppy. Madagascar live blew me away. Heaps of people were singing along, while most people just stood still during the other 'new' songs.
Someone threw a pink beanie on stage with ear flaps etc and Axl put it on a danced around in it. So cute. God that man is awesome.
Such a great night. I'll be sad when the Sydney show is over as that will be the end of my GnR stint for a long while I think...
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2007, 05:47:49 AM »

hey people, wanted to post this for a collective laugh, under the assumption that everyone here knows its hilariously untrue and completely pulled out of some critic's ass (from a review of this show): "After the band split in 1996, he became a Phil Spector-esque recluse, retreating to his Malibu mansion, filled with snakes, religious paraphernalia and weaponry, working away on the band's much-anticipated new album Chinese Democracy."  feel free to delete mods, just thought it was funny.
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2007, 12:28:06 PM »

Amazing show.
Axl was in sensational form, Finck soared and Bumblefoot drool is absolutely amazing, got to see several of his solo's up close including when he used his Vigier fretless? drool drool He also gave us the thumbs up when we were singing along to his Don't Cry solo.

Highlights of the night:
Finck teasing the crowd at the start of Jungle.
Axl hittng the stage "Do you know where the fuck you are"
Better sounded great I like it even more now.
Chinese Democracy was incredible, so powerfull and it rocked big time, song of the night for me. Probably my fav of the new songs now, the performance of it was that good.
The Blues and Madagascar were fantastic, although was difficult to make out speeches during Maddy.
Rockin out to the old classics.

Disappointments:
I thought I.R.S. was a bit weak tonight, was better on saturday.
From where I was did not see much of Tommy, didn't seem to move around alot.
Sound was a bit off where I was, about 4 from the front right side of the stage bass levels were way high.

Lots asking about the new songs when I started singing along to them, when Better came on one dude asked which album this song is off, I said the one coming out later this year. When ChiDem came on one dude yells out "Madagascar" I go "no Chinese Democracy" he then goes "what a song" may not have heard of it before.

A fantastic show with a great blend of the old and the new.

snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2007, 09:08:42 PM »

I thought IRS was better than Better. That middle part in Better was all messy and didn't sound right but IRS rocked. Though Axl didn't quite make the scream at the end. I think it was the best performance of the Blues that I have seen, and Chinese Democracy is growing on me.

Are there any pics from the show?
badapple81
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2007, 12:05:22 AM »

Hey all!

Finally getting on to post my comments from my first ever GNR show! It was fucking amazing!!! They played till like 115 am I think and got on stage right on time. Baz was pissed about having to leave early cos they wanted to set up early for GNR. Axl was everything on stage that I expected. Just amazing.

- I lined up at 3pm.. haha.. got front row about 4 people to the right of the centre
- Baz said "I hear Axl is in the building, and if you saw the partying we did in Adelaide, I'm surprised he is here" haha
- Bach's opening set was good although I could not hear his vocals at all.. the crowd loved him though
- Axl's vocals were very difficult to hear where I was. It sounded like his voice was really strong and when he wanted to use the rasp he could.
- The last 'knockin on heavens door' he screamed when he got the crowd to sing was AMAZING! It sounded insane!
- The crowd didnt know any of the leaks from where I was except Madagascar which they all prob knew from VMAs. It was good in a way because I could clearly hear Axl. His vocals were a lot easier to be heard on The Blues. He sang The Blues just brilliantly.. it was maybe the best version I've heard to date.
- Think they kinda fucked up the middle of Better just before the weird middle electronic bit
- Frank's drumming on some of IRS sounded a lot different but I quite liked it. The vocals were average on this one.
- BEST version of My Michelle with Baz. They sung diff. lines, not over the top of each other. And Axl seemed to give it a little extra during this song. Baz vocals were much easier to be heard than Axl's. Axl gave Baz shit about this new pair of brown shoes he came out with and said for someone to step on them
- During November Rain, Finck came out wearing a weird looking shirt and Axl made Finck laugh during the song cos he gave him shit it about it too "nice shirt" mid song.. they were in good spirits. Robin looked like he was having a blast.. Tommy was fairly quiet.

Finally, to those complaining about the setlist, shut the fuck up! Most people there didn't even know what song would be next or follow the forums like us. When I said 'Live and Let Die next' and they played it, people were like "how did you know that" .. so for the majority of people there it was a total surprise and they loved every minute of it. To see it live is just amazing and even know I knew the set, it's just so different and you appreciate and enjoy each song like it's the first time you have heard it when Axl is singing it like a metre away from you!

Brisbane next!

Oh and Axl wore some of the coolest stuff EVER!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:14:13 AM by gunnerdownunder » Logged
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2007, 12:10:27 AM »

Oh and Axl wore some of the coolest stuff EVER!

What did he wear?
badapple81
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2007, 12:18:01 AM »

Oh and at the end Axl did 'Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi' chant.. haha

I remember Axl and Robin had a hug after one song..

And Baz and Axl finished My Michelle hand in hand, in the air.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 03:46:00 AM by gunnerdownunder » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: