Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Falcon modding the VR section
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Falcon modding the VR section  (Read 20612 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

It's just sad that everything is reduced to petty arguments.   

Then maybe you and other vr fans shouldn't be so sensitive when someone says they don't like the band.  ok
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2007, 04:50:04 PM »

It's just sad that everything is reduced to petty arguments.? ?

Then maybe you and other vr fans shouldn't be so sensitive when someone says they don't like the band.? ok

I couldn't care less about you and others not liking VR. But the constant hating and spamming is annoying. You don't like it, you post it, great. You don't like another thing, you post it, great. You don't like anything this band does, you post it, great, although I'm a bit jealous of the guys who have so many free time to psnd it on something they don't like. But repeating the same shit again and again and the neverending mindless bashing and saying how much better the current GN'R is should be banned. According to Jarmo, everyone is here for GN'R - so it's stupid to repeat again and again that it's better than everything else on the world. You don't go to the NIN topic to tell the people there all day long that GN'R is much better than NIN. You don't go to the Avenged Sevenfold topic to tell the people 5 times a day that their band sucks and GN'R is better. If you did that, you would have been banned a long time ago. I think the VR guys deserve the same respect from posters and mods that the Bad Obsession bands get.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »

It's just sad that everything is reduced to petty arguments.   

Then maybe you and other vr fans shouldn't be so sensitive when someone says they don't like the band.  ok

and maybe gnr fans shouldnt be so sensitive when someone says slash is better in guns than robin.

html sucks
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2007, 06:29:19 PM »

if someone isn't a fan of GnR in its current form they are wasting their time on a GnR site.   pretty simple.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2007, 06:46:58 PM »

if someone isn't a fan of GnR in its current form they are wasting their time on a GnR site.   pretty simple.

i like the new form of gnr.

but i cant see why fans of guns n roses music, which is what started it all, cant state they preffer slash playing what he created over finck

html sucks
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2007, 07:24:58 PM »

fuck slash, he left 11 years ago.  he's not coming back.  deal with it.  ok
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2007, 07:34:33 PM »

fuck slash, he left 11 years ago.? he's not coming back.? deal with it.? ok

that's not what it's about
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2007, 07:50:45 PM »

fuck slash, he left 11 years ago.  he's not coming back.  deal with it.  ok

that's not what it's about
pretty much thats exactly what its about.  people want to come to a gnr board 11 years later and whine about the fact that he's not in the band.   it gets really fucking old.    either accept the guys in the band now, or fuck off.   if someone misses slash that much and cant' get over it, thats what velvet revolver sites are for.    I'm sick of seeing the guys in the band being disrespected because of some bitter slash fans.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »

You're always the one JB, and you always do a damn good  job of stating the truth.

BTW, you goin' to be on the strip on the 4th of July?

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2007, 09:50:55 PM »

You don't go to the Avenged Sevenfold topic to tell the people 5 times a day that their band sucks and GN'R is better. If you did that, you would have been banned a long time ago.

lmao, i THINK this is a little different seeing as this is a GUNS N' ROSES board

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2007, 01:13:03 AM »

if someone isn't a fan of GnR in its current form they are wasting their time on a GnR site.? ?pretty simple.

Did you read my post?  This is a GnR site about the band in ALL it's forms...that's why it's a great site.  GnR has been around for more than 20 yrs, with many different people in it.  So it's not that simple, is it?  Some people like the original band.  Some people like the current line up.  And there are many other lineups, in between.  If I remember right, this site is inclusive of all.  I come here because of that.  It tends to have the most current news about what anyone, who has ever been in the band, is doing.  That includes Adler, Izzy, Stinson, Buckethead, etc.  To say anyone is wasting their time here just because someone isn't a fan of GnR in its current form is pretty narrow-minded, I think. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2007, 01:34:01 AM »

To say anyone is wasting their time here just because someone isn't a fan of GnR in its current form is pretty narrow-minded, I think. 

ok.. why don't you ask Jarmo.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2007, 04:13:49 AM »

? To say anyone is wasting their time here just because someone isn't a fan of GnR in its current form is pretty narrow-minded, I think.?

ok.. why don't you ask Jarmo.

Ask Jarmo what?  What am I supposed to ask, here?    "Explain"!       
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2007, 04:30:35 AM »

ask exactly what you said.   if someone isn't a fan of GnR (as in this is the year 2007) and comes to this site anyways are they wasting their time?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2007, 05:05:52 AM »

I have no idea what you are talking about.  My answer to your question is, no.   

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2007, 09:57:28 AM »

I would agree with Jim Bob to the extent that while there are many out there who would welcome the return of the old line up, I can see that constantly complaining about it is upsetting to fans of the current line up and a bit rude.

However I disagree with the concept that if a person doesn't prefer the most recent line up then they have no business at all following GNR.

I think it depends why a person is a GNR fan.

If they are a fan because they follow the band loyally in the way people follow a football team then from that perspective it would seem odd for people to still support an old line up of the football team from 10 years ago when those players now play for other teams.

This seems to be the logic JB is using. That slash has been gone for 10 years so has no relevance.

But then there are those that are fans because of the music. If you like GNR because you like AFD, Lies, YUI, or TSI then it would make sense that you will like the musicians  that made that music.

Even if those musicians are no longer with the band, the fact that you still like the GNR records means that a GNR site will always have relevance to you, even if a different lineup now exists. Slash will always have some relevance in relation to GNR music because he recorded the albums with GNR. It could be 100 years since he left and he is still relevant in relation to the songs he peforms on etc. Time has no relevance in that matter. Is Bon Scott irrelevant to Ac/Dc?

Overall i think the follwing:

1. Those of us that like the old band  should be considerate of the fact that some people don't and like the new band more.

2. There is no logical reason why you can't be a fan of GNR music and yet be ambivalent yet polite  to the new band, especially given there are no commercial records yet of the new band, its logical that most people who are GNR fans are so because of the old music, so to say they can't discuss the old music or musicians is really silly.

So what i think we all need to do is live and let live a little. JB needs to accept that you can be a fan of GNR from the old days and not like the current form of it as much as the old. And others need to accept that people like JB love the new band and that at present theres not much chance of the old band getting back together.

Personally...I like a bit of both.

I'm a fan of the old band and all the GNR recordings we have. However I also respect the original music (leaks) we have heard from the current line up.

At the end of the day...some people like VR and some people don't. However, some of the people that don't like them seem to expend a lot of energy in disliking them. I mean if your not a fan of VR why even pay attention to the section. Its odd to me.

I just think that certain people on this board use the excuse of it being a GNR board to act like trolls. No one disputes that its a board for GNR fans. But i don't see why that justifies troll like posts. If you don't like baseball, don't post 100 times in the baseball thread saying it sucks....
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2007, 10:46:47 AM »

I don't know why people are paranoid about Falcon being biased. I've seen him delete/edit posts that were anti-gnr in the past and he always tries to put an end to any gnr vs vr arguments. And give karma to VR fans as much as anyone else. I think JB is just assuming people are out ta get him or something.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »

Falcon does the best modding job on this forum IMO. but I better start up an account at a VR forum and leave this place since this board doesn't seem to welcome the type of fan I am. I actually like the music that was made in the past and the current music made by old and new members. this place doesn't seem to be the right place for someone who appreciate more than the current line-up of GNR and the few songs we have heard from them, all because the rules seem to differ from topic to topic and that it's impossible to show you're apprecciation of a band with ex-members without getting bugged by a hoard of strictly new GNR fans.

what's the best VR board?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:01:28 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2007, 11:01:34 AM »

Falcon does the best modding job on this forum IMO. but I better start up an account at a VR forum and leave this place since I'm not only a fan of the current GNR. I actually like the music that was made in the past and the current music made by old and new members. this place doesn't seem to be the right place for someone who appreciate more than the current line-up of GNR and the few songs we have heard from them, all because the rules seem to differ from topic to topic and that it's impossible to show you're apprecciation of a band with ex-members without getting bugged by a hoard of strictly new GNR fans.

what's the best VR board?

Yeah, makes you remember this place before all these fake "New GNR fans"  were around.

Fuck 'Em All.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2007, 11:08:35 AM »

Yeah, makes you remember this place before all these fake "New GNR fans"? were around.

what's a fake new gnr fan? rofl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: