Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:09:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 65752 times)
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2007, 01:19:07 AM »

theres no need to talk about this, its repetitive. But Jarmo's denial of the originals band talent is pretty sad. Hes a kiss ass but if he werent , he wouldnt get a shitload of goodies.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2007, 01:25:46 AM »

theres no need to talk about this, its repetitive. But Jarmo's denial of the originals band talent is pretty sad. Hes a kiss ass but if he werent , he wouldnt get a shitload of goodies.

If you go to the "About" section on this website - you will read what Jarmo has to say about AFD.  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2007, 02:09:28 AM »

I am interested to see how you came up with the figure of 98%. Did you do the maths?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2007, 02:17:08 AM »

I am interested to see how you came up with the figure of 98%. Did you do the maths?

Yes.   ok

98% may be extreme but alot of shit is talked about the original members and alot of them take for granted what they brought to the table....  AFD was/is a classic because of the band.  not just Axl.

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2007, 02:24:44 AM »

GNR will always be Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven. ?ALWAYS.

Yeah, will definitely be interesting to see what explanation we will get for how it is possible to induct Izzy/Slash/Duff/Axl and Adler into the rock hall as GNR when it will be an entirely different line-up in 2012. I can already see the "how can they induct GNR into the hall of fame with that line-up when I just saw them live last week and none of those 4 were in the band" type arguments like those we have gotten about other incidents recently involving those 4 names. If that situation was supposedly creating confusion one can only shudder to think of the chaos it will cause with them being inducted to the rock hall.
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2007, 02:33:28 AM »

You're the one creating confusion.

You spent a whole thread talking about how Slash/Duff/Izzy and Steven are creating confusion among GNR fans and the public because the media is billing it as a GNR reunion minus Axl, and now you are arguing that Axl appearing on the cover of a major rock publication with 4 guys not in GNR calling them GNR doesn't do the same? Celebrating Appetite is one thing, but plastering old photos on the cover and calling it GNR when that is not the case can't be seen favorably among GNR fans.

Please pay attention!

There cannot be a Guns N' Roses reunion minus Axl because Guns N' Roses is Axl, Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Chris and Frank.

Are you saying Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Chris and Frank are playing a show?

/jarmo

How dare you - HOW dare you piss all over the great history ?and deny what these guys worked their asses off for (and by these guys I mean Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven) ?You talk like the new guys own ALL of this now - AFD, the name - everything and that is simply not true. Are you really that arrogant? ?Look I like the new guys and I know you dont want to cause any problems between you and the bands management but sometimes Jarmo I really think you dont deserve to run this site. ?Because you constantly try to belittle what those original members contributed and meant to this band. ?Slash Duff etc werent just 'part' of the gnr history - they were the success. ?YOu want a metaphor for the way you talk - its like the old guys made peanuts and new guys are making steak sandwhiches to you. ?Geez have a little respect. Roll Eyes

Perhaps you would be more comfortable posting on a site that simply dedicates itself to GN'R circa 1988......Alot has happened since then.........?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Perhaps you might like the analogy that the peanuts made by Slash/Duff have now been fed to the cow that has produced some very tasty steak. Or Slash/Duff can be seen as the outer wrapping of the said steak sandwhich. You tend to throw the wrappings away.........Sometimes I don't even eat the bread in the steak sandwhich - it is the meaty filling that I am after.........

Or, look at it this way....fans of AFD are simply making Slash/Duff accountable for their actions in the past........they are big boys, they can take it.........

Look Im a huge fan of the new guys - anyne who knows me knows Im a huge fan of Robin Finck - but Im not so blindly pigheaded to think that Robin and the guys deserve any credit to this bands success - YET.  When they release CD then they can have it.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2007, 02:57:28 AM »

Yes, they deserve credit - they did a fantastic job at the concerts!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2007, 04:18:51 AM »

Really its about time the new GNR released their album.

You can make all the excuses in the world, but the facts are very simple, under the old GNR they released three albums, one EP, lots of singles, great videos and a cover album. They toured the world and caused a whole load of excitement for MILLIONS of fans worldwide over.

I'm well up for hearing what the new guys have to offer. Going by the leaks I don't think we will be disappointed. But if Axl wants to be considered with integrtity its about time to stop screwing around and produce something. And that means not just more concerts, as fun and professional as they might be.

I've started to reach the end point with this whole saga, and unfortunately whilst I want to hear the new band I can't just help the old might actually be a better idea.

Here today...ready to rock
suicide
VIP

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2007, 04:24:08 AM »

There cannot be a Guns N' Roses reunion minus Axl because Guns N' Roses is Axl, Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Chris and Frank.

/jarmo

So Brain is out indefinitely?

I forgot to list him since I was just listing the guys who played in Japan a couple of days ago.

/jarmo
So a GN'R reunion would be Axl, Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Chris, Frank AND Brain? I don't think they (Frank and Brain) ever even performed live together!?! ?hihi Would be interesting to see the 9 members on stage together.

Nah, I don't agree, a "reunion" is about ex-members, not current members. How can people who are together "reunite"? They have to split up first.

It's a nice cover, I'll get my copy of Rolling Stone. It's good to see that this Rock 'n' Roll magazine celebrates the 20th birthday of the greatest rock album ever made!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2007, 04:40:22 AM »

but sometimes Jarmo I really think you dont deserve to run this site. 

Did you spend 11 years on this site? What right do you have to decide who deserves to run a site I created almost eleven years ago?

What makes you that important?

Obviously your reading comprehension got lost somewhere because what I said makes sense to every normal person. A band that exists can't reunite.

I never said anything negative about the former members contributions in the band. It's people like you and others like you who think I did because of your unwillingness to move on.

On the other hand, many of you have very little respect for people who are actually part of the band and have been since day one. But you don't have a problem with that for some reason.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 04:47:31 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2007, 04:51:34 AM »

I think when people say "Guns N' Roses reunion" they mean "Axl / Slash / Izzy / Duff / Steven reunion".

For people (not fans) GN'R is these guys, simply because the new line-up hasn't released anything. And it's sad for Tommy, Robin etc... who are in the band since... almost ten years ?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 04:56:29 AM by Pingouirose » Logged
suicide
VIP

« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2007, 05:32:06 AM »

Credit where credit is due, they did release Oh My God for the End of Days soundtrack.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2007, 05:32:42 AM »

Look Im a huge fan of the new guys - anyne who knows me knows Im a huge fan of Robin Finck - but Im not so blindly pigheaded to think that Robin and the guys deserve any credit to this bands success - YET.  When they release CD then they can have it.

Oh fuck off you irritating scab.  Go troll somewhere else.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2007, 06:11:10 AM »

I didn't realize you shouldn't be allowed to have someting you worked hard on for over 10 years.  Shocked   shame on jarmo for making such a kickass website.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2007, 06:12:32 AM »

It's pretty disrespectful that you fail to even acknowledge the forming band. It cannot be denied that if it wasn't for Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, you wouldn't have created this site, because GN'R would have been nothing like the size they became.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2007, 06:18:13 AM »

Is it just me or is there anyone else who is failing to understand what all the excitement is about another magazine doing a retrospective article on GNR?? Huh?

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2007, 06:19:17 AM »

It's pretty disrespectful that you fail to even acknowledge the forming band. It cannot be denied that if it wasn't for Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, you wouldn't have created this site, because GN'R would have been nothing like the size they became.

All he's saying is "Guns N' Roses" are on tour right now(with above mentioned members)... Theres no reunion to be had....

If you say "The orginal GNR" reunion, thats different, with different people...

In no way has anybody given the current line up credit for an album none of them(besides axl), had anything to do with...
rubinho.ma
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2007, 06:39:37 AM »

And the off-topic goes on... ?If everybody's talking, I'll say a few words too:
If there's a 1% chance for the original GN'R to get together again, throw this whole new band out and DO IT! What did new GN'R do to deserve so much credit? Almost NOTHING. All this years and there's not even a single out, only 3 or 4 demos that we can really call songs, which took a decade and a half and an army in the making. 32 new songs? The person who said this is the same one who said "it's definitely this year", and that was the begining of 2006. Nobody can assume those rumors as strong truth. But does this forum owe its very existence to the old band? Not a sign of a doubt about it...

Old GN'R are still A LOT more GN'R than those guys who claim it now. When they become capable of taking all the old songs out of the setlist, that's when this discussion may start to make some sense. ok
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 06:42:31 AM by rubinho.ma » Logged
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2007, 06:41:30 AM »

What the hell's with all the commotion? Its a cover and article talking about 'Appetite', an album that was released by the original lineup 20 years ago, and nothing else. Where would the logic be in printing a picture of the lineup of GnR as they are now when they aren't the band, minus Axl, who actually made that record 20 years ago.

All this talk about it hurting the new lineup is total bullshit. Its commemerating a 20 year old album. Its not saying that this is GnR now.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2007, 06:42:03 AM »

All he's saying is "Guns N' Roses" are on tour right now(with above mentioned members)... Theres no reunion to be had....

If you say "The orginal GNR" reunion, thats different, with different people...

Well since Axl's NOT part of it, that's not happening either.

And where did I do that?

Show me the fucking proof or shut the fuck up.

You people are quick to point fingers with no proof whatsoever.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: