Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 65757 times)
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2007, 05:14:20 PM »

ZING!

Guns N' Roses is a band, good work figuring that one out... Tongue
and I figured that alone. Some people apparently can't... hihi

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »

You're the one creating confusion.

You spent a whole thread talking about how Slash/Duff/Izzy and Steven are creating confusion among GNR fans and the public because the media is billing it as a GNR reunion minus Axl, and now you are arguing that Axl appearing on the cover of a major rock publication with 4 guys not in GNR calling them GNR doesn't do the same? Celebrating Appetite is one thing, but plastering old photos on the cover and calling it GNR when that is not the case can't be seen favorably among GNR fans.

Please pay attention!

There cannot be a Guns N' Roses reunion minus Axl because Guns N' Roses is Axl, Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Chris and Frank.

Are you saying Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Chris and Frank are playing a show?

/jarmo

Hahaha thats funny.

Guns n Roses = Axl Rose
no, Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose, Tommy, Finck, Fortus, BBF, Frank, Dizzy and Chris. hihi

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2007, 05:49:50 PM »

I think this is cool that its GNR's first Rolling Stone album cover in 16 years (September 1991 and not including the Axl Rose spread in 1992).

Guns break and Roses wither, but Guns N' Roses music lasts forever!
 ok
Mark N' Roses

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2007, 06:04:12 PM »

You spent a whole thread talking about how Slash/Duff/Izzy and Steven are creating confusion among GNR fans and the public because the media is billing it as a GNR reunion minus Axl, and now you are arguing that Axl appearing on the cover of a major rock publication with 4 guys not in GNR calling them GNR doesn't do the same? Celebrating Appetite is one thing, but plastering old photos on the cover and calling it GNR when that is not the case can't be seen favorably among GNR fans.

Please pay attention!

There cannot be a Guns N' Roses reunion minus Axl because Guns N' Roses is Axl, Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Chris and Frank.

Are you saying Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Chris and Frank are playing a show?

/jarmo

Hahaha thats funny.

Guns n Roses = Axl Rose
no, Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose, Tommy, Finck, Fortus, BBF, Frank, Dizzy and Chris. hihi

rofl what's that? drool

sandman
Legend

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2007, 06:31:34 PM »

Great to see the original 5 on the cover.? Guns N' Roses is just a name, so it doesn't matter what you refer them as.? ?These 5 people on the cover made the best rock I have ever heard.

amen to that!  ok

it is just a name.

i love skid row, and thoroughly enjoy seeing bach perform skid row songs with a bunch of hired guns. doesn't matter what you call them. and i wouldn't pay a nickle to see the band currently touring under the "skid row" name.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »

same as Pink Floyd isnt the same without Roger Waters.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2007, 06:38:11 PM »

good they'll be on RS cover. Cool

Sorry, off-topic but...
when did Axl say he doesnt make music for his fans or who hear him, but he just makes music for himself?

King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2007, 06:40:02 PM »

I love that Rolling Stone is commemorating the 20th anniversary of 'Appetite', but it does make me long for the days when GN'R was Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
CSS
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2007, 06:40:47 PM »

I assume that it's the same with:

AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Mot?rhead, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Megadeth....

Give it a rest. It's the cover of a magazine, just enjoy it instead of bitching about it!

As someone already stated - It's a name. A goddamn name.

confused
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:45:06 PM by CSS » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2007, 06:46:49 PM »

This is just fucking silly and childish that some of you are complaining about the cover... It is a cover celebrating Appetite for Destruction, which, if I can remember right, was made by Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, who appear on the cover. Now tell me... what?s wrong with that? Should they put the new GN`R and then the title of "Appetite for Destruction: 20 years Anniversary"? How logical would be that? Cmon.. give it a rest and enjoy that Guns are once again on the cover of one of the most important music magazines of the world.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2007, 06:52:32 PM »

When does it hit the stands?? 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
CSS
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2007, 06:54:09 PM »

When does it hit the stands???

By the end of this month, I suppose.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2007, 08:15:47 PM »

/jarmo

So Brain is out indefinitely?

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2007, 08:26:24 PM »

/jarmo

So Brain is out indefinitely?

I forgot to list him since I was just listing the guys who played in Japan a couple of days ago.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2007, 11:06:21 PM »

That's awesome.  I just recently bought the edition of Classic Rock Magazine devoted to the AFD anniversary.  Now I've got this to look forward too.  Sweet! 

And seriously people, how can anyone see this as a bad thing?  Ridiculous logic you're trying to use, take a break, re-evaluate things, and hopefully then you'll see the light.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2007, 11:08:11 PM »

Whew, I'm glad this turned out to be something.? Now I don't feel like a schmuck for starting a thread about it.
Good call.  I started reading this thread and was like, "yeah right, another baseless bullshit post".  Boy was I wrong.  Nice one man.  Gold star for you.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2007, 11:32:41 PM »

I listened to AFD today with a bunch of friends at work

Fuck what an amazing album it still is and will always be.

Fuckin timeless.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2007, 12:05:17 AM »

I bet Slash and Duff told rolling stone to do this cause they are obsessed with him..... rofl
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2007, 12:17:14 AM »

Please pay attention!

/jarmo

How dare you - HOW dare you piss all over the great history ?and deny what these guys worked their asses off for (and by these guys I mean Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven) ?You talk like the new guys own ALL of this now - AFD, the name - everything and that is simply not true. Are you really that arrogant? ?Look I like the new guys and I know you dont want to cause any problems between you and the bands management but sometimes Jarmo I really think you dont deserve to run this site. ?Because you constantly try to belittle what those original members contributed and meant to this band. ?Slash Duff etc werent just 'part' of the gnr history - they were the success. ?YOu want a metaphor for the way you talk - its like the old guys made peanuts and new guys are making steak sandwhiches to you. ?Geez have a little respect. Roll Eyes

P.S.  Saying this line over and over again aint going to make it true.  You may try to define what GNR is - but the true gnr lies in the hearts of the fans.  peace
Guns N' Roses is Axl, Tommy, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Chris and Frank.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 02:27:56 AM by blackvelvet » Logged

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2007, 12:54:34 AM »

Please pay attention!

/jarmo

How dare you - HOW dare you piss all over the great history ?and deny what these guys worked their asses off for (and by these guys I mean Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven) ?You talk like the new guys own ALL of this now - AFD, the name - everything and that is simply not true. Are you really that arrogant? ?Look I like the new guys and I know you dont want to cause any problems between you and the bands management but sometimes Jarmo I really think you dont deserve to run this site. ?Because you constantly try to belittle what those original members contributed and meant to this band. ?Slash Duff etc werent just 'part' of the gnr history - they were the success. ?YOu want a metaphor for the way you talk - its like the old guys made peanuts and new guys are making steak sandwhiches to you. ?Geez have a little respect. Roll Eyes

Perhaps you would be more comfortable posting on a site that simply dedicates itself to GN'R circa 1988......Alot has happened since then......... 

Perhaps you might like the analogy that the peanuts made by Slash/Duff have now been fed to the cow that has produced some very tasty steak. Or Slash/Duff can be seen as the outer wrapping of the said steak sandwhich. You tend to throw the wrappings away.........Sometimes I don't even eat the bread in the steak sandwhich - it is the meaty filling that I am after.........

Or, look at it this way....fans of AFD are simply making Slash/Duff accountable for their actions in the past........they are big boys, they can take it.........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: