Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:39:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228008 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 65484 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #400 on: August 04, 2007, 07:46:17 PM »

You keep changing the topic in order to prove your "points".  hihi

Now it's suddenly about released music and not the fact that Axl has stuck to his story for years while other flip flop....

We get it, you love the old band, you don't like Axl.

BTW: The songs they played live in Japan are better than anything the former members have released after they left the band.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #401 on: August 04, 2007, 07:47:10 PM »

A lot of people believe Axl because his story on things have remained pretty damn consistent over the years, unlike the other guys. Hell slash can't even make up his mind as to whether he went to Axl's house in 2005 or not. One day it's "no I didn't", the next day its "yes but only to talk about a lawsuit," and then the next its "yes but only to apologize about stuff I've said in the past." How can you believe someone who can't even get something that simple straight?

He said No I didn't go to Axl's house crying and begging him to be back in GNR. Axl still has no music to account for unlike all the ex members , thats all I was saying. You hold him in such a high regard but he isn't that great.

He actually denied going to Axl's house at all at first.

What does it matter if Axl has not released an album yet? How does releasing music make you more believable? You hold slash in such regard but he isn't that great. There I can say it too. The fact of the matter is Axl's story has not changed throughout the years but slash and duffs etc has.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #402 on: August 04, 2007, 07:48:24 PM »

Don't try to argue with him, we already saw what he's about.

He says Axl never said that, then when he's been shown two different quotes basically saying the same thing, he still denies it!  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #403 on: August 04, 2007, 07:49:08 PM »

A lot of people believe Axl because his story on things have remained pretty damn consistent over the years, unlike the other guys. Hell slash can't even make up his mind as to whether he went to Axl's house in 2005 or not. One day it's "no I didn't", the next day its "yes but only to talk about a lawsuit," and then the next its "yes but only to apologize about stuff I've said in the past." How can you believe someone who can't even get something that simple straight?

He said No I didn't go to Axl's house crying and begging him to be back in GNR. Axl still has no music to account for unlike all the ex members , thats all I was saying. You hold him in such a high regard but he isn't that great.

Axl is a human beeing just like anybody else. He is not some type of Superman. It's human to make mistakes or tell a lie. Everybody does it once in a while so why can't he? This sort of things happens when a band split up. Members and ex-members have their part of the story to tell and none of these will sound the same.

Where's Axl?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #404 on: August 04, 2007, 07:49:15 PM »

You keep changing the topic in order to prove your "points".  hihi

Now it's suddenly about released music and not the fact that Axl has stuck to his story for years while other flip flop....

We get it, you love the old band, you don't like Axl.

BTW: The songs they played live in Japan are better than anything the former members have released after they left the band.  Smiley

/jarmo

I'm not even sure where this arugment got started at this point all I said was Axl basically has a back up band thats the vibe it sends without a CD to listen to. You can't judge a band on live performances , its obvious this can continue forever so I'm just going to quit

BTW: Its all opinion on what sounds better : )
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #405 on: August 04, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »

Axl is a human beeing just like anybody else. He is not some type of Superman. It's human to make mistakes or tell a lie. Everybody does it once in a while so why can't he? This sort of things happens when a band split up. Members and ex-members have their part of the story to tell and none of these will sound the same.

Tell Jarmo that not me , thats what I'm saying we dont really know what happened. How come when Slash says No I didn't got his house everyone attacks , but its ok for Axl? I agree no story will sound the same.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #406 on: August 04, 2007, 07:53:22 PM »

Tell Jarmo that not me , thats what I'm saying we dont really know what happened. How come when Slash says No I didn't got his house everyone attacks , but its ok for Axl? I agree no story will sound the same.

You are joking right? Slash LIED when he said he didn't to go Axl's house. We know he lied because he has recently admitted to going there. So you are telling me it's ok to flat out lie and deceive fans?

What did Axl lie about? I can't remember one thing that he has actually lied about.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #407 on: August 04, 2007, 07:55:26 PM »

It's funny how you wanna label Axl as a liar even when we've shown you how he sticks to his story.

Slash admitted that he went to Axl's house after denying it at first. He was caught lying!

For some weird reason all this means to you that Axl is a liar too..... No logic there.

I explained to you why for me, and for many others, Axl is a way more reliable person than some others.

What did Axl lie about? I can't remember one thing that he has actually lied about.

Expect to see something about a release date mentioned here or tour dates.....  Roll Eyes

You know the usual. Things that are out of your control, but it doesn't matter....

/jarmo

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2007, 08:00:19 PM »

BTW: The songs they played live in Japan are better than anything the former members have released after they left the band.? Smiley

/jarmo

Grin Velvet Revolver for example made 2 succes full albums in the past 3 years. That's something Axl couldn't realised in the past 10 years. Don't get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for Axl and the new songs are realy impressing but isn't it time that he proves something to his fans? We get a lot of talk about the album from Axl but after all these years he still fails to release it.

Where's Axl?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »

Expect to see something about a release date mentioned here or tour dates.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

That wouldn't surprise me but I don't see how they can justify that as a lie.  A lie is something that is completely untrue and fabricated. Axl saying the album is tentatively going to be released is not completely fabricated. They were trying to make it happen at that time but something obviously happened to prevent it. As for tour dates, I don't see anything that could even remotely be construed as a lie. They have never promised to tour somewhere and then it not happen. There has always been a reason for a show to be canceled or postponed.

I think people want to make Axl into a liar because it's easier to do. The media and the ex-members have been doing it to him for a long time, so it's easier for so called "fans" to do it too.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2007, 08:04:02 PM »

Grin Velvet Revolver for example made 2 succes full albums in the past 3 years.

GN'R never was like other bands....

It doesn't really matter what VR, Paris Hilton or Nickelback do....

/jarmo

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #411 on: August 04, 2007, 08:13:46 PM »

Grin Velvet Revolver for example made 2 succes full albums in the past 3 years.

GN'R never was like other bands....

It doesn't really matter what VR, Paris Hilton or Nickelback do....

/jarmo

/jarmo

It does matter what VR is doing because 3 members of VR are former members of G N' R and at this moment they are more succes full as G N' R. This can change when G N' R release an album. But will they (G N' R) ever release an album and when?

Where's Axl?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #412 on: August 04, 2007, 08:19:06 PM »

Maybe to you they are more successful....

Anyway, if you wanna talk about how successful they are, the GN'R section is not the place.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 08:21:30 PM by jarmo » Logged

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #413 on: August 04, 2007, 08:24:12 PM »

/jarmo

Grin Velvet Revolver for example made 2 succes full albums in the past 3 years. That's something Axl couldn't realised in the past 10 years. Don't get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for Axl and the new songs are realy impressing but isn't it time that he proves something to his fans? We get a lot of talk about the album from Axl but after all these years he still fails to release it.

Libertad isn't successful.  Anyway releasing albums isn't an indication of talent.  There are a lot of mediocre or shit bands that have put out mediocre and shit albums over the years.  That doesn't mean their music is good or that they're better musicians than Axl. 

If Axl released a mediocre album every 3 years would you think more of him?  How does that make sense?
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #414 on: August 04, 2007, 08:25:15 PM »

/jarmo

No, not to me. But what has G N' R realised in the past 10 years? Nothing beside 1 decent tour (2006-2007). So, isn't it time that they fulfill their promises and give something back to the fans beside another tour?

Where's Axl?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #415 on: August 04, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »

They don't have to do anything.

/jarmo

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #416 on: August 04, 2007, 08:39:08 PM »

They don't have to do anything.

/jarmo

I heard that somewhere else before.

Where's Axl?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #417 on: August 04, 2007, 08:41:52 PM »

/jarmo

No, not to me. But what has G N' R realised in the past 10 years? Nothing beside 1 decent tour (2006-2007). So, isn't it time that they fulfill their promises and give something back to the fans beside another tour?

Excuse me, but they do not owe us anything. Have you paid for Chinese Democracy yet? No? Then they don't owe you it. If you paid to go see the shows last year then you got to see a show for the money you paid. Again they don't owe us anything.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #418 on: August 04, 2007, 09:04:37 PM »

also, there is a picture of axl wearing his black leather chaps/black leather thong combo and it is truly horrific.   it is truly a cringe-inducing picture if i've ever seen one.  all i could think when i saw it was, "axl must have really pissed someone off at rolling stone for them to have run that picture."

Looks like not everyone agrees, from the L.A. Canyon News...

Rose?s Scoop: Gracing the cover of ?Rolling Stone?s? magazine issue of August 9th, is none other than Guns N Roses. An interesting article was written by Brian Hiatt, which also features a sexy, revealing picture of Axl Rose onstage at the Roxy in 1986 on page 55.  Now, that?s hot! [/b]

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #419 on: August 04, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

I dont buy that for a second , Axl didn't want to make a AFD sounding record.

You claimed Axl never said that, I showed you the proof.

You were proven wrong and instead of just admitting it, you disregard it while believing what the guys who quit say.

No use in discussing this with you then.

Facts mean nothing to you.

Here's more for you to think about:

On the subject of Slash Axl commented:

?Originally I intended to do more of an Appetite style recording but with the changes in the band's dynamics and the band's musical influences at the time it didn't appear realistic. So, I opted for what I thought would or should've made the band and especially Slash very happy. Basically I was interested in making a Slash record with some contributions from everybody else. There?d still be some chemistry and some synergy happening and whatever dynamics anyone else could bring in to the project. It seemed to me that anytime we got close to something that would work, it wasn?t out of opinion that Slash would go ?hey it doesn?t work?, but it was nixed simply because it did work. In other words, ?Whoa, wait a minute. That actually might be successful, we can?t do that.? People like to call me paranoid. It has nothing to do with paranoia; it was to do with reality. If the material were strong enough for me to sink my teeth in then I would still be in a certain public position in regards to Guns, we?d have possibly still held a certain popularity with the public as I have previously been fortunate enough to have had. Slash and his ex-wife Renee and his security guy and closest confidant at the time, Ronnie Stalnacker could not live with that. It?s not something Slash could live with. Slash chose not to be here over control issues. Now people can say ?Well Axl, you?re after control of the band too.? You?re damn skippy. That?s right. I am the one held responsible since day one. When it comes to Guns n? Roses, I may not always get everything right but I do have a good idea about getting things from point A to point B and knowing what the job is that we have to do. Within those parameters, I give everyone as much freedom to do what they want something Slash has verified in several interviews. Had Slash stepped up and written what we captured glimpses of, it would have created an environment that was beyond Slash?s ability to control. He did not want to do that or put himself through the rigors of taking the band to that level even if he was capable of writing it. Was he capable of doing it? Absolutely 100%. I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of him were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith?s Rocks. The 2000 version of Aerosmith Rocks or the 1996 Aerosmith Rocks by the time we would have put it out. I don?t know if I would have wanted to even do a world tour at the time but I wanted to put that record together and could we have done it? Yes. It?s not something I would want to approach (without Slash) because at the time there was only one person that I knew who could do certain riffs that way. We still needed the collaboration of the band as a whole to write the best songs. Since none of that happened, that?s the reason why that material got scrapped. If one were to say well then why not do it now there are several reasons.1) My band, too much time, too much effort and hardship. Confidence in our material. Excitement in watching this grow and being a part of the whole experience. 2) Money. You get what you play for and nothing?s free. Can you cover the cost of this venture and its financial potential that I am just supposed to walk away from and for what? To where? I do not believe in any true effort or potential regarding most of my past relationship from the other party or parties, creatively or emotionally. Without that the money from a reunion doesn't mean much and though I'm sure the alumni is up for it for me it would be as or more lacking than it was during our attempts to work together previously. As a friend and former friend of Slash said to me in regards to working with Slash, "you can only do so many pull ups." This is my shot and you can root for me to fail all you want, but there is simply way too much put into this to cater to someone else's selfish needs and destroy peoples dreams I truly care about including my own. Not too mention that though I've fought what feels like the heart of the nature of this entire industry, my own people would probably eat me alive if I opted for a lesser course. 3) Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does. Duff's support for the man though understandable in one sense in regard to his circumstances, is inexcusable, and furthers my distance from the two of them. For me Matt doesn't figure into the equation and for as much as I was a friend to him he was incapable of reciprocating and life is much better without such an obvious albatross. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the alumni in regard to their prior performances on record or touring to support the albums. I know how I was treated and more importantly I know how they treated others during both of these things, it's not a way anyone should be forced or even asked to work. And for the record I'm referring to Slash and Matt in regards to their actions and behavior, Duff played more of a supporting role (for reasons I've never understood). For the fans to attempt to condemn me to relationships even only professional with any of these men is a prison sentence and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea.?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=82

That doesn't make sense. Why would Slash be against recording an traditional rock album?

Why was he against recording certain songs that turned out to be classic GN'R songs?

Does that make sense?

/jarmo

This is actually quite refreshing to read, it squashes a lot of here say. It seems like he's on the right track to what he's always wanted and by all means deserves to make without any clashes, as far as I know anyway. I'm just wondering where this is from is all, I've never read this anywhere yet. This is actually the most revealing that I think I've ever heard Axl be on the subject of the past. Was this a recent interview???
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:25:49 PM by Regibold » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: