Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:41:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron interviewed by my board
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron interviewed by my board  (Read 6357 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: September 05, 2007, 07:28:53 AM »

The adm of my board, Fkn, interviewed Bumblefoot yesterday. He got some really cool stuff here for our Brazilian forum, so you may be kind regard any possible english fuck up, ok?

The portuguese version can be found on www.perfectcrimegnr.com

1. First, Ron, we from the Perfect Crime board would like to show our support to the current Guns line-up. We love your music. Let's begin: how are the new songs being received in the shows?

Hello, and THANK YOU, to everyone on the board! New songs are received well, I see plenty of people singing every word in the front of the audience, real cool to see that.

2. For you, what's the funniest song to play live? (Including the old ones.)

You mean the most fun? Funniest would have to be "Liquor & Whores" with our friend Bubbles, haha!! I think "Used To Love Her" is a fun one... shit, they're ALL fun...!

3. Do you intend keep playing Don't Cry on your solo? Have you considered any other?

Probably, but ya never know, we'll see what happens...

4. On the first time Axl sang Don't Cry with you, it happend after Paradise City. Was your solo left to the end intentionally?

Just a spontaneous thing, no two shows are exactly the same, whether it's how the song is played or the order they're played in...

5. How is your routine when you're touring with Guns?

Well, two important things I learned about touring from all the years before Guns, is... 1) get sleep whenever and wherever you can, because you don't know when the next time will be. There was one day in Japan that I stayed up for 43 hours, haha - a show, a party, hangin' out, an interview and video shoot with a magazine, dinner, more hangin' out... 2) bring plenty of socks. A few years ago I did a gig, and it rained the entire day and night, my feet ended up soaked and I didn't get to take my wet socks off for 17 hours. When I did, my feet looked like I was dead for 17 hours and just pulled out of a lake. Water and feet don't mix. So yes, my routine is to sleep and keep my feet dry.

6. Personally, I think you and Frank made an amazing job on the new Guns songs that have been played live. What of new or different have you tried bringing to them?

I thank you sir. I just try to keep a good spirit to the songs, and do whatever I think can add something of value to the songs. Like the fretless guitar in Chinese, stuff like that.

7. Rhiad And The Bedouins was played live before but we haven't heard it with your guitar yet. By the backstage pics, seems it was rehearhed. What do you think of this song?

Cool song, lots of energy...

8. We usually see on the press wicked and untruthful reports and reviews about Guns, Axl and the current lineup. Does it disturb you? How does the band deal with it?

What do you mean, did someone say something bad? I didn't hear... lol. I care about the fans, the people who care about the band, not the people who don't.

9. Musically, what are the main differences between you and Buckethead?

About a foot in height.

10. How do you write your songs? Got any personal method?

They just come to me at any random moment, like a flash, the whole song just appears in my head, all the parts, melodies, rhythms... then I have to try and make it work outside of my head. If the recording doesn't give me the same feeling it had inside my head, I ditch the song.

11. Have you been writing songs to a new solo album? Would you give details on the stile, influences and what part of the process are you now?

Actually, I just ditched my whole new album. It wasn't capturing the feeling. I'm starting fresh, gonna write all new songs. Don't have any plan, don't know what the album will sound like, I just know that it will be the one that was meant to be.

12. What have you done to develop so much ability with the guitar?

You don't have to practice for hours and hours, you just need to be very focused mentally. And *enjoy* playing - music should be medication, not poison. Don't get stressed, mentally or physically. Be free.

13. To finish: before joining Guns N' Roses, you were planning to play South America, right? Is it possible happening yet?

I'm hoping that I can play South America when I finish a new album, and of course with GnR - whichever comes first, whenever it is, it'll be great!

14. We thank you a lot for the attention. It's a huge pleasure talking to you!

Pleasure is mine - thank YOU and all the board members, see ya as soon as we can ! !

Ron
3 SEPT 2007

Thank you Ron for being so nice and cool.  ok

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 07:35:24 AM »

Nice guy, amazing guitarist.  Cool  Staying up 43 straight hours!  Ugh, I think I'd rather be kicked in the groin than stay up for 43 straight hours.  hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
elmir
VIP

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 07:37:25 AM »

Actually, I just ditched my whole new album. It wasn't capturing the feeling. I'm starting fresh, gonna write all new songs. Don't have any plan, don't know what the album will sound like, I just know that it will be the one that was meant to be.

ha ha, looks like he read the "how to write an album" guide by Axl Rose......hillarious....other than that, this dude is a class act, amazing patience, and the effort he puts into his answers is unbelievable.....nice one Ron, much appreciated...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 07:47:06 AM »

very nice voodoo!, great interview. gotta love R :beer:on!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 08:29:47 AM »

Thanks for this. Ron is the man.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 09:26:18 AM »

Good interview. Love that sense of humor.   Thanks dude

"About a foot in height"

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 09:31:20 AM »

Very cool and interesting interview, man! Nice job!

: : Vicente : :

"all that anger, all that anger"
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:30:05 AM »

?ool interview, thanks for posting.

Ron's a class act.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Chinese Democracy
Headliner

"What, did somebody step on a duck!?"-R.D. 1980

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »

I commend whoever conducted that interview for asking about Rhiad even if it wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for..

Like the tide out on the ocean,
? The waves already set in motion...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »

"which ever comes first"

so he thinks there is a chance his album (and tour) will be released before CD. interesting.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 11:36:19 AM »

"which ever comes first"

so he thinks there is a chance his album (and tour) will be released before CD. interesting.

Talk about reading into things.

Obviously Ron doesn't book GN'R tour dates so he probably has no idea when GN'R will play there.

Also, he's not speaking on behalf of GN'R so to expect get tour dates or album release news from him is a bit pointless....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 11:53:38 AM »

"which ever comes first"

Obviously Ron doesn't book GN'R tour dates so he probably has no idea when GN'R will play there.

Also, he's not speaking on behalf of GN'R so to expect get tour dates or album release news from him is a bit pointless....

/jarmo

Every interview that takes place, people start theorizing about hidden messages or hints about CD...  I was surprised it took as long as it did for someone to say it...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »

"which ever comes first"

/jarmo

the only assumption i am making is that once CD is released, ron will be on tour and will play SA with GnR. since that is apparently a stretch for some people, i'll re-word what i said....

ron thinks there is a chance that he will have time to write, record, and release his album and tour South America BEFORE GnR returns to play shows there.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 12:41:18 PM »

read the bit carefully sandman ron doesn't say anything about cd but just about his solo cd and touring in there, you see. hihi
there's no point in serching for other info than he really loves to tour south America.

thanks voodoo, Fkn, and ron. good and fun read  beer

Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »

Thnaks bro, nice interview, Bumble is my favorite in this band.... ok

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 01:22:10 PM »

thanks for posting, bbf must be the most down to earth and cool person ever in the history of rock Grin
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 01:54:14 PM »

thanks for posting, bbf must be the most down to earth and cool person ever in the history of rock Grin
I really think so.

Thanks for the interview, Voodoo. I know you didn't interview him, but whatever. hihi

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 07:12:17 PM »

Great. Thx! Grin

9. Musically, what are the main differences between you and Buckethead?

About a foot in height.

rofl

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 09:57:15 PM »

great interview VoodooChild, Bumblefoot rules.

I know I've said this a lot of times, but how I wish to see a confirmed GNR date in southamerica... and I'm desperate to hear Ron playing Rhiad  drool beer

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 10:06:54 PM »

You know A LOT ( I stress that a FREAKIN lot ) of rockstars and celebrities in general could benefit from the type of attitude Thal has. He is so , down to earth , it's funny because with the talent that guy has you'd think he might be cocky I mean shit its crazy what he does but remains so in touch with himself and his fans. Being an aspiring musician thats something to respect hell that's something I strive to do is be down and cool to the fans ,

beer beer beer 3 cheers for Ron lol!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: