Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 02:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed to appear at Great Lakes Film Fest (Erie, PA) on 9/29
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed to appear at Great Lakes Film Fest (Erie, PA) on 9/29  (Read 2334 times)
VanJay011379
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: September 24, 2007, 01:53:29 PM »

http://www.greatlakesfilmfest.com/index.html
The Great Lakes Film Association is excited to announce that the legendary Guns N? Roses? super star Dizzy Reed will not only be attending the 2007 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival, but will also be performing on Saturday September 29, 2007.

Dizzy Reed has been a member of Guns N' Roses since 1990, playing on their 1991 blockbuster albums Use Your Illusion I, and Use Your Illusion II, as well as, on the band's 1993 punk cover album, The Spaghetti Incident?. He is the band's original keyboardist and, aside from lead singer Axl Rose, is the only remaining member from what is considered the band's heyday. Guns N' Roses was formed in 1985 with Dizzy joining in 1990.

Reed pursued a music career in Los Angeles. He was a founding member of the club band The Wild in the late 1980s, and also

replaced August Worchell as the guitarist of the group Johnny Crash.

Reed met the original lineup of Guns N' Roses in 1985; his band, The Wild, rehearsed in a neighboring studio. He kept in touch, and in 1990 was invited by friend Axl Rose to join the group for the recording of the two Use Your Illusion albums.

Reed soon became an accepted member of the group. As a member of Guns N' Roses, Reed has become well-known for his keyboard work on such songs as November Rain, Estranged and Civil War, as well as, on some of the band's new tracks, including "I.R.S", "Madagascar", "Silkworms" and "The Blues". When not playing keyboards, Reed frequently provides backup on percussion during live Guns N' Roses performances.

Dizzy continues to record and play live with the current Guns N' Roses line-up, and has now been a member of Guns N' Roses longer than any other member besides Axl Rose.

Outside of Guns N' Roses, Reed played on albums for his former band mates Slash, Duff McKagan, and Gilby Clarke in the mid 1990s. He has also guest on current GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson's 2004 solo effort Village Gorilla Head. Reed is additionally a fan of Larry Norman, a pioneer of Christian Music, and played on Norman's Copper Wires album.

Most recently, he has composed music for the film scores Celebrity Art Show, The Still Life, directed by Joel Miller and screened at the 2006 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival and went on to be released by Warner Bros. August 7,2007.

When he is not touring or recording with Guns N' Roses, Reed frequently tours with his hard rock cover band Hookers N' Blow, in which he has played keyboards, guitar and occasionally sung lead vocals
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 01:58:41 PM »

KOOL !
you go dizzy ,keep on rockin !

the one an only horsey !
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 01:58:50 PM »

very nice.   its cool seeing Dizz get some recognition for all he's done in the band.   ok
VanJay011379
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 03:23:27 PM »

I just took a good look at the schedule and noticed Dizzy appears to be coming on at 2:00 AM?   Shocked  http://www.greatlakesfilmfest.com/2007%20Film%20Festival/Schedules/Saturday%20Schedule.htm

Too bad I'm in a race the next morning. 
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 04:17:49 PM »

Totally missed this, and Erie' only 30 minutes away...thanks for posting!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 06:56:25 AM »

1 hour for me.... Not to far to meet a member of GNR  peace
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 01:28:46 PM »

Great.THX for posting

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 01:48:30 PM »

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what he'll be doing? Do you suppose it'll be just him and a keyboard or maybe with a backup band of some sort?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 10:43:15 AM »

You goin tonight dude??

http://www.greatlakesfilmfest.com/

The Great Lakes Film Association is excited to announce that the legendary Guns N? Roses? super star Dizzy Reed will not only be attending the 2007 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival, but will also be performing on Saturday September 29, 2007.

Dizzy Reed has been a member of Guns N' Roses since 1990, playing on their 1991 blockbuster albums Use Your Illusion I, and Use Your Illusion II, as well as, on the band's 1993 punk cover album, The Spaghetti Incident?. He is the band's original keyboardist and, aside from lead singer Axl Rose, is the only remaining member from what is considered the band's heyday. Guns N' Roses was formed in 1985 with Dizzy joining in 1990.

Reed pursued a music career in Los Angeles. He was a founding member of the club band The Wild in the late 1980s, and also

replaced August Worchell as the guitarist of the group Johnny Crash.

Reed met the original lineup of Guns N' Roses in 1985; his band, The Wild, rehearsed in a neighboring studio. He kept in touch, and in 1990 was invited by friend Axl Rose to join the group for the recording of the two Use Your Illusion albums.

Reed soon became an accepted member of the group. As a member of Guns N' Roses, Reed has become well-known for his keyboard work on such songs as November Rain, Estranged and Civil War, as well as, on some of the band's new tracks, including "I.R.S", "Madagascar", "Silkworms" and "The Blues". When not playing keyboards, Reed frequently provides backup on percussion during live Guns N' Roses performances.

Dizzy continues to record and play live with the current Guns N' Roses line-up, and has now been a member of Guns N' Roses longer than any other member besides Axl Rose.

Outside of Guns N' Roses, Reed played on albums for his former band mates Slash, Duff McKagan, and Gilby Clarke in the mid 1990s. He has also guest on current GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson's 2004 solo effort Village Gorilla Head. Reed is additionally a fan of Larry Norman, a pioneer of Christian Music, and played on Norman's Copper Wires album.?

?

Most recently, he has composed music for the film scores The Still Life, directed by Joel Miller and screened at the 2006 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival and went on to be released by Warner Bros. August 7,2007.

When he is not touring or recording with Guns N' Roses, Reed frequently tours with his hard rock cover band Hookers N' Blow, in which he plays keyboards, guitar and occasionally sings lead vocals.

?

Pre-Buy Your Copy of The Still Life now from www.thestilllifemovie.com and get Dizzy and Joel to sign it this weekend in Erie!? Already bought it?? Bring it along with you!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 10:45:11 AM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 10:34:51 AM »

So heres a quick recap of the show!!

We drove about an hour to the building of the show and got there about 1am... They were showing this horrible independent vampire movie... Complete with bad acting and nasty nude girls that were so proud of themselves? nervous

So the movie ended about 20 minutes late, and about half the people left(which was cool with me).. Dizzy was up checking everything right as the movie ended... From the beginning they were having sound issues... No one on stage could hear all that good...

Show starts with Its so easy, does a couple stones songs after that... Then the coolest part of the show for me was the Locomotive outro jam.. Right after that he sings Dont cry which was done very well... Next they do some Cheap Trick, which wasnt to bad...

After a short break Dizzy grabs the six string, does a little jam and then busts into Used to love her! Next was a classic rendition of Knockin, complete with Dizzys signature piano solo, and GNRs crowd sing along... Last song with dizzy for the night was sympathy for the devil...

The whole show was full of Dizzy and the band yelling at the soundboard guy(I was hopin to see dizzy go Axl on the Mofo? hihi), and Dizzy bummin drinks from people... After sympathy he seemed like the jager caught up with him a little, and he left the band to do Kiss' rock n roll al night sleeping

So I decided to see if i could follow Dizzy... I went back to the bar area where he headed, and it looked like he was gone... I was bummed, but ah well... So i decided to take a piss for the road... I walk in and there's dizzy takin a piss in one of the stalls... So mens bathroom etiquette says dont say anything... I take my piss and walk out and he's still goin to town... I wait outside (for like 2 minutes? hihi) and he finally walks out, and he was nice enough to give me an autograph and take a picture.. He was very cool and a little wasted? ok

I've got some good pics, and crappy cell phone vids... I'll upload the pics, but i'm undecided about the videos

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 10:59:32 AM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: