Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:53:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Don't Cry Next Tour
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't Cry Next Tour  (Read 8645 times)
wadey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »

i rekon the band should play what they feel is right at the time and fuck everyone else
thats just my opinon though! yeah i got my favs and my preferences, but you cant please everyone

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 09:24:25 AM »

I would think it would depend on when and under what circumstances the next tour is held.  Hopefully the next time we see them, Chinese Democracy will be out.  In that case I'm sure they'll play a bulk of new material, with the staple classics.  At best "Don't Cry" may be sprinkled in from time to time.  I doubt it would become a regular though.  If we have no new material, it would have a better chance at becoming a regular in the setlist, but I really can't see them touring again without an official new release.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 09:39:48 AM »

Can we safely say its not coming out this year though? I mean its almost november....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 09:57:13 AM »

I would say that's pretty safe to say.  I'm hoping the plan is to gauge audience reaction from the release of Sebastian Bach's CD.  Hopefully people will hear Axl on those 3 tracks and demand to hear more, paving the way for Chinese Democracy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »

I would say that's pretty safe to say.? I'm hoping the plan is to gauge audience reaction from the release of Sebastian Bach's CD.? Hopefully people will hear Axl on those 3 tracks and demand to hear more, paving the way for Chinese Democracy.

Yeah, but what does that actually mean??

Demand to hear more?  Who do you mean?  People "other" than Gnr fans on these boards? The general public?  People calling into radio stations?  I think enough people want this thing to more than " pave the way" without a cameo on Angel Down.  I mean it's not like he's guest singing on a new Zeppelin album here.

On topic, If they were to add Don't Cry and remove a couple of damn cover songs or guitar solos, than that would make the live performance a little more interesting.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 10:15:40 AM »

I would say that's pretty safe to say.? I'm hoping the plan is to gauge audience reaction from the release of Sebastian Bach's CD.? Hopefully people will hear Axl on those 3 tracks and demand to hear more, paving the way for Chinese Democracy.

Demand to hear more?? Who do you mean?? People "other" than Gnr fans on these boards? The general public?? People calling into radio stations?? I think enough people want this thing to more than " pave the way" without a cameo on Angel Down.? I mean it's not like he's guest singing on a new Zeppelin album here.

On topic, If they were to add Don't Cry and remove a couple of damn cover songs or guitar solos, than that would make the live performance a little more interesting.
Oh I agree enough people want to hear what Axl's been working on for so long now.  But I don't know, maybe he needs some reassurance.  If the media, the general public, the hardcore fans give him a positive response than maybe he'll finally feel comfortable enough to release his own material.  Who knows, that could be a crazy unfounded theory, but a positive response certainly wouldn't hurt our chances.

And "Don't Cry" did sort of take the place of Bumblefoot's solo, so you kill two birds with one stone there.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 10:19:26 AM »

I don't normally start these kind of threads but do you think Guns will play Don't Cry as a full a regular song on the next tour seeing as they kind of did in Japan?

peace

I'd love it if they did. To be honest, I know Ron started the whole thing but I'd love to see Robin play the solo on it if the whole band played the song. I think Robin would kick ass.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »

I dont think the plan is to gauge the success of Bachs album.. as its a very poor gauge of how CD will do.

Oh well... I guess I'll pop back in here in another 6 months or so. Actually I pretty much forgot about CD for the first time in 10 years!! I cant believe its October already! Ive been so busy playing Halo 3 you see Cheesy
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »

I dont like starting shit with the mods but can some tell us why that post was deleted, As you khnow I am very very very Pro Axl and GN'R so this is entirerly out of curiosity/

I deleted it because I didn't see what the fuck someones complaint about new songs had to do with the arrangement of Don't Cry.
MR. GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 12:44:40 PM »

I dont like starting shit with the mods but can some tell us why that post was deleted, As you khnow I am very very very Pro Axl and GN'R so this is entirerly out of curiosity/

I deleted it because I didn't see what the fuck someones complaint about new songs had to do with the arrangement of Don't Cry.

Instead of filling a spot with a song that everybody knows.... Fill it with a song which we have not heard yet....

And I know that im gona be told that the majority of people who come to gnr concerts wanna hear the classics and Yes it is a classic that everybody knows.... But wouldnt You rather rockin out to a new Rocker than a slow song like  ''dont cry''....
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 01:23:16 PM »

But that.. isn't what this is about?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »

Assuming there will be another tour .... I'm hoping there isn't a 2 year period of dead time or anything like that.  In a perfect world, I would hope for a Spring 2008 US Tour.  They can play whatever they want, who hasn't had a good time at a GN'R concert !!!!

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 01:33:13 PM »

Demand to hear more?? Who do you mean?? People "other" than Gnr fans on these boards? The general public?? People calling into radio stations?? I think enough people want this thing to more than " pave the way" without a cameo on Angel Down.? I mean it's not like he's guest singing on a new Zeppelin album here.

Oh I agree enough people want to hear what Axl's been working on for so long now.? But I don't know, maybe he needs some reassurance.? If the media, the general public, the hardcore fans give him a positive response than maybe he'll finally feel comfortable enough to release his own material.? Who knows, that could be a crazy unfounded theory, but a positive response certainly wouldn't hurt our chances.

And "Don't Cry" did sort of take the place of Bumblefoot's solo, so you kill two birds with one stone there.

Yes, you are correct about Don't Cry taking Bumble's spot, so you've got me there. BUT! if they were to add Estranged to the mix , they could kill all needless solos or both cover tunes, so there! ok

As for him needing re-assurance, I would'nt want to speculate on whether his psyche is that shallow, but you may have a point -
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 05:40:48 PM »

Look, all I gotta say is that the crowds are going to get awfully small once the old is fazed out and the new is in. A large majority of the GN'R peeps prefer the slower and clearer sounding songs like Don't Cry, November Rain and Sweet Child.

They are are not going to be into this whole jumbled Industrial sound, it's just too damn hard for them. Watch what I'm saying when the time comes. We can hope the album isn't all hard. You guys wouldn't understand that though because, like me, you're too much of a fanboy.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 08:43:57 PM »

From the new songs we've heard, I really don't think the NEW songs are all that off the mark from the classic GNR songs.  I mean, they're not carbon copies or on the same structure as Appetite but you can definitely hear GNR.  Every band evolves over the years.  If the album were to be filled with songs like "Silkworms" and "Oh My God", then you might be right about fans not being ready to embrace that.  But aside from those 2 songs, I don't see any problem with the others being widely accepted.  "The Blues" and "Catcher In The Rye" are certainly in the realm of a "Don't Cry" or one of the other ballads.  I really don't think they've changed that much.  As Jon Bon Jovi would say, "only the names have changed."

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2007, 03:25:46 PM »

As Jon Bon Jovi would say, "only the names have changed."

Jon Bon Jovi should never be referenced when discussing any Gnr song....new or old! no
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2007, 05:12:20 PM »

As Jon Bon Jovi would say, "only the names have changed."

Jon Bon Jovi should never be referenced when discussing any Gnr song....new or old! no
You're absolutely right.  I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.  It'll never happen again.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007, 05:21:05 PM »

i rekon the band should play what they feel is right at the time and fuck everyone else
thats just my opinon though! yeah i got my favs and my preferences, but you cant please everyone

I would love that too  yes
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 03:08:12 PM »

You're absolutely right.? I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.? It'll never happen again.

peace
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: