Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 07:50:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR picture book (Reckless Road)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR picture book (Reckless Road)  (Read 155143 times)
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #380 on: October 25, 2007, 01:09:47 AM »

I just ordered a copy, hopefully it gets here soon!  peace
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #381 on: October 25, 2007, 02:48:20 AM »

where can i check the shipping status for this ? i ordered my books in august and i still haven't received anything yet. not even an email and i had set it to 2nd  day shipping to get my stuff faster  rant
recklessroad
Opening Act

recklessroad.com

« Reply #382 on: October 25, 2007, 04:20:02 AM »

To check about the shipping of your books go here.          http://yhst-26151521307115.stores.yahoo.net/cuse.html         

If you orderd all the covers than the problem might be with the steven cover. I think everyone that order all the covers didn't get their books yet? I know that sucks!!

recklessroad.com
elmir
VIP

« Reply #383 on: October 25, 2007, 04:24:31 AM »

To check about the shipping of your books go here.          http://yhst-26151521307115.stores.yahoo.net/cuse.html         

they ask you for your order number there, which is not allowed to be longer than 6 characters.....and the order number i got form enhanced books is 30 characters long...?...so it won't take it...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Progress
Rocker

Where's my beer??

« Reply #384 on: October 25, 2007, 06:19:55 AM »

I got mine today:)Just have to go pick it up at the postoffice Smiley
Can't wait to check it out! Grin
Btw, I'm from Norway.

Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #385 on: October 25, 2007, 08:12:26 AM »

Got it today. Life is good.
AFGnR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #386 on: October 25, 2007, 09:34:30 AM »

I received my copy of the book today, Norway. (They tried to deliver it on the 16th, but I wasn't home. D'oh!)

Btw, I pre-ordered the book the last week of July..
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #387 on: October 25, 2007, 10:02:44 AM »

I received my copy of the book today, Norway. (They tried to deliver it on the 16th, but I wasn't home. D'oh!)

I was at home but I didnt answer the door so they left it outside the door and only me hearing someone leaving id never have looked out. Have you tried to register yet ? the serial number it asks for, is that the code on the very first page of the book ?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #388 on: October 25, 2007, 10:17:07 AM »

I was at home but I didnt answer the door so they left it outside the door and only me hearing someone leaving id never have looked out. Have you tried to register yet ? the serial number it asks for, is that the code on the very first page of the book ?
It's on the first page, on something that looks like a ticket

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2007, 10:26:52 AM »

Ya I tried that but it said serial number couldn't be found, but it is that code and there arent any numbers in it. Do i include the dashes between the letters ?
Anyway the book is brilliant, havent looked ahead at all bar the stuff you could view on the website before.
Montrealer
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #390 on: October 25, 2007, 10:28:13 AM »

Has anyone from Ontaio CANADA recieved a copy yet?

I'm in Montreal and had it on monday. You should have it soon
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #391 on: October 25, 2007, 10:33:29 AM »

Ya I tried that but it said serial number couldn't be found, but it is that code and there arent any numbers in it. Do i include the dashes between the letters ?
Anyway the book is brilliant, havent looked ahead at all bar the stuff you could view on the website before.
I don't think you add the dashes, but maybe try that.  Also, maybe an O is a ZERO or vice versa.  My code definitely had a couple #'s in it, but I don't know if they all did.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #392 on: October 25, 2007, 10:36:56 AM »

I don't think you add the dashes, but maybe try that.? Also, maybe an O is a ZERO or vice versa.? My code definitely had a couple #'s in it, but I don't know if they all did.

Cheesy AHHHHH, now there is something that might be a good point. Ill try that so.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #393 on: October 25, 2007, 08:43:11 PM »

This might not be even needed and jarmo and the Mods can delete this if it doesn't fit or move it to where it does if it does. But for the people who have got the book and read it already, what are peoples favourite stories or pictures or the most suprising thing you read in the book. This might be dead in the water but I got the book today and have read it already and I found it great so was wondering what other people liked about the book.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #394 on: October 26, 2007, 05:12:39 AM »

finally - mine is here!!!  Looks great, really happy! Worth getting up off my sickbed and dragging my sorry ass into work for, for sure!   beer
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #395 on: October 26, 2007, 07:40:47 AM »

This might not be even needed and jarmo and the Mods can delete this if it doesn't fit or move it to where it does if it does. But for the people who have got the book and read it already, what are peoples favourite stories or pictures or the most suprising thing you read in the book. This might be dead in the water but I got the book today and have read it already and I found it great so was wondering what other people liked about the book.
Maybe not my favorite part, but I never knew that Slash auditioned for Poison before he turned them down and they went with C.C. DeVille.  Oh how the rock and roll world would've changed.  Scary thought.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #396 on: October 26, 2007, 07:44:50 AM »

Maybe not my favorite part, but I never knew that Slash auditioned for Poison before he turned them down and they went with C.C. DeVille.  Oh how the rock and roll world would've changed.  Scary thought.

yeah, they apparently thought he was too weird looking....didn't have enough of an "iconic" appearance to be in the band.....tehee...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2007, 01:07:25 PM »

Maybe not my favorite part, but I never knew that Slash auditioned for Poison before he turned them down and they went with C.C. DeVille.? Oh how the rock and roll world would've changed.? Scary thought.

yeah, they apparently thought he was too weird looking....didn't have enough of an "iconic" appearance to be in the band.....tehee...

One question about the book though. Adriana Dunken(sp) and Adriana Smith, they are both said in the book to be the girl in Rocket Queen. So it is the same person with a married and maiden surname or is it a mistake ?? ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 01:09:25 PM by Irish gunner II » Logged
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »

Marc mentions some demos the band did with Manny Charlton of Nazareth, including one song I've never read or heard about: The Plague...
And that it's Cornshucker Stomp, not just Cornshucker... But no further spoiling...

PS: Ok one then: Marc told me this about the song Goodnight Tonight (played at the Jan. 18, 1986 show):

I always thought it was a duff song because he sang most of the words.

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »

PS: Ok one then: Marc told me this about the song Goodnight Tonight (played at the Jan. 18, 1986 show):

I always thought it was a duff song because he sang most of the words.

I have a feeling it was an Izzy song, he played it in some of his shows on tour anyway.  But it does have a kind of punk sound to it, so maybe duff was heavily involved too. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: