Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 208722 times)
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1500 on: January 01, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »

and before you use the he needs to prepare himself for the best show arguement, it's funny how once izzy said he was going to quit every show started on time untill the end of that tour.
Oooh, you got me.? Cry
Or is it that people might act differently under different conditions?
Nah...
You never was nicer to somebody because you wanted to impress that person...

there we go both sides lying over the same incident. hows that for judgement based on facts, both sides lie.
Oh please. You can never admit that your hero is the one doing the shit talking.
Instead you have to focus on Axl.
/jarmo

how is that "focusing on Axl"?? it clearly states "both" sides lied.? whose the one that can't admit their hero is flawed?

and wouldn't it be nice if Axl respected his fans (the people that pay his bills when most of them probably can't realistically even afford the price of a ticket to his shows, but make sacrifices to be able to do so) enough to "want to impress" them by coming on in a timely manner!? that is imo (and in the eyes of many others) the ultimate slap in the face to his fans!? hence, why alot of those fans don't give a fuck what Axl does or says anymore.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1501 on: January 01, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »

most of them probably can't realistically even afford the price of a ticket to his shows, but make sacrifices to be able to do so

It's not like the prices are extortionate.
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1502 on: January 01, 2008, 04:39:30 PM »

most of them probably can't realistically even afford the price of a ticket to his shows, but make sacrifices to be able to do so

It's not like the prices are extortionate.

beside the point
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1503 on: January 01, 2008, 04:41:10 PM »

Well you made it so that seems a little redundant.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1504 on: January 01, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »

how is that "focusing on Axl"?  it clearly states "both" sides lied.  whose the one that can't admit their hero is flawed?

and wouldn't it be nice if Axl respected his fans (the people that pay his bills when most of them probably can't realistically even afford the price of a ticket to his shows, but make sacrifices to be able to do so) enough to "want to impress" them by coming on in a timely manner!  that is imo (and in the eyes of many others) the ultimate slap in the face to his fans!  hence, why alot of those fans don't give a fuck what Axl does or says anymore.

cuz this aint got shit to do with Axl.. its about your lil hero's autobiography.   if you dont like the ticket prices, don't fucking go.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1505 on: January 01, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »

i'd take the time to respond to each individual remark you made again jarmo, but when it comes to axl/gnr you only read what you want to and just twist it anyway.

how you got "both sides" to mean "axl and only axl lies" is beyond me.

---

oh and would you like to do something about the trolling of this section by certain board members.

---------------------

as for the book as i've stated before the things that were wrong annoyed me, especially the st loius thing as it's on pro shot video for the world to see.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #1506 on: January 02, 2008, 12:01:56 PM »

Interesting interview I found... dunno if it was posted already...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi7uSpAZvH0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:46:59 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1507 on: January 02, 2008, 12:15:47 PM »

lol.. he said it again.. he wanted to "set the record straight".    I wonder if he truly believes everything in his book.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #1508 on: January 02, 2008, 12:49:30 PM »

He actually adds: "I?m setting the record straight in my own words".

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1509 on: January 02, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »

Maybe he should say: I'm telling the story as I want to remember it with no guarantees regarding its truthfulness.

I didn't know you could set the record straight, in your own words, when it's not an accurate description.....  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1510 on: January 02, 2008, 02:53:20 PM »

Maybe he should say: I'm telling the story as I want to remember it with no guarantees regarding its truthfulness.

I didn't know you could set the record straight, in your own words, when it's not an accurate description.....? Tongue

/jarmo

i am quite surprised that his book has got you so much in a tizzy. you dont like it, fine, no problem. you think you found errors, fine, no problem. we all here get the point. you dont like the book. but you go on and on about its wrong, its not accurate, etc...and then you give slash writing and editing instructions for a book based on his life and his experiences. i wouldn't appreciate slash telling me how i should edit and write my book. and you shouldnt either. we hear you loud and clear- the book is full of errors, lies, etc...you have gone on and with this...we hear you and your opinion....we dont have to agree with you or some people may. its all good. but it seems like you're beating a dead horse...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 02:56:16 PM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #1511 on: January 02, 2008, 02:53:50 PM »

Excellent read, i loved this book. Too bad Axl was a pet sometimes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1512 on: January 02, 2008, 07:22:59 PM »

I didn't know you could set the record straight, in your own words, when it's not an accurate description.....  Tongue

/jarmo

i am quite surprised that his book has got you so much in a tizzy. you dont like it, fine, no problem. you think you found errors, fine, no problem. we all here get the point. you dont like the book. but you go on and on about its wrong, its not accurate, etc...and then you give slash writing and editing instructions for a book based on his life and his experiences. i wouldn't appreciate slash telling me how i should edit and write my book. and you shouldnt either. we hear you loud and clear- the book is full of errors, lies, etc...you have gone on and with this...we hear you and your opinion....we dont have to agree with you or some people may. its all good. but it seems like you're beating a dead horse...

Did you read it?

Got any comments on the book?

By the way, it's 0:23 local time on January 3rd, 2008 and I'm logged in.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #1513 on: January 02, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »

I didn't know you could set the record straight, in your own words, when it's not an accurate description.....? Tongue

/jarmo

lol why would he say that? to sell no books?  hihi anyway... setting the record straight... that?s his intention with the book. C?mon... the guy, as he said in that interview, is asked about Guns in every single interview he gives... it?s normal that he got somewhat fed up and is now giving those answers in the book to everyone who wants to know about.

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1514 on: January 02, 2008, 09:49:55 PM »

/jarmo

Did you read it?

Got any comments on the book?

By the way, it's 0:23 local time on January 3rd, 2008 and I'm logged in.

/jarmo

there you go again, avoiding my question and then turning around and asking me a question. yes, i did read it....i am not in a tizzy and i dont know why you are....it's ok, no need to answer or avoid my question.

maccladd
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1515 on: January 03, 2008, 02:54:11 AM »

girls, girls, girls -

give it a rest you're giving me a headache
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1516 on: January 03, 2008, 03:33:15 AM »

there you go again, avoiding my question and then turning around and asking me a question. yes, i did read it....i am not in a tizzy and i dont know why you are....it's ok, no need to answer or avoid my question.

You know, if you think my posts are boring, stop following me around.  Smiley

Your posts aren't exactly original either. Bu that never stopped you.

At least I was commenting on the book, which happens to be the subject, while you were too busy attacking me (big surprise).

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1517 on: January 03, 2008, 10:34:27 AM »

You know, if you think my posts are boring, stop following me around.? Smiley

Your posts aren't exactly original either. Bu that never stopped you.

At least I was commenting on the book, which happens to be the subject, while you were too busy attacking me (big surprise).

/jarmo

jarmo, please dont flatter yourself. i am not and wont be following you around. you responded to a post of mine and asked me to respond and i did, period. so, please stop portraying yourself as the poor ol' webmaster being followed around. if anything, i pretty much disagree with a lot of your opinions and a lot of what you have to say. and again, i am just asking and answering your posts, not attacking you, so dont even go there. someone a few days a go pointed out all your personal attacks on posters here , so please stop throwing stones. i ask you again, why does the book upset you so much??

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1518 on: January 03, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »

i am not and wont be following you around.

Oh right...

You were on this site for many hours on the 24th. you posted at 6:20pm, 7:49 pm, and 11:02 pm. you were also on your site all day on the 26th..

i ask you again, why does the book upset you so much??

I just don't like dishonesty. I don't think the book gives an honest picture of what went on (the factual errors and I also wouldn't be shocked if the rest is also not exactly truthful).

I don't like one former member using his book to "set the record straight" regarding my favorite band, when most fans know how fucked up he was at the time, that a majority of his book takes place.

I'm not personally upset, I just offer the readers a chance to see that maybe everything in the book isn't exactly true.

It's like when a newspaper publishes something using huge headlines, then it turns out to be untrue and the retraction is only a small footnote in tomorrow's paper.

How many people will know that the original story was bullshit?

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1519 on: January 03, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »

i am not and wont be following you around.

Oh right...

You were on this site for many hours on the 24th. you posted at 6:20pm, 7:49 pm, and 11:02 pm. you were also on your site all day on the 26th..

i ask you again, why does the book upset you so much??

I just don't like dishonesty. I don't think the book gives an honest picture of what went on (the factual errors and I also wouldn't be shocked if the rest is also not exactly truthful).

I don't like one former member using his book to "set the record straight" regarding my favorite band, when most fans know how fucked up he was at the time, that a majority of his book takes place.

I'm not personally upset, I just offer the readers a chance to see that maybe everything in the book isn't exactly true.

It's like when a newspaper publishes something using huge headlines, then it turns out to be untrue and the retraction is only a small footnote in tomorrow's paper.

How many people will know that the original story was bullshit?

/jarmo

thats completely fine about your opinion on the book. i have no problem with the points you bring up. my point was just that you go on and on about it and it seems to me and others that the book really upset you for some reason. that's my point with regard to his book. its strange to me how you are giving slash advice about what his own life experiences were and are. i think slash is in the best position to explain his life and what happened, just like you are the best person to talk about your life and how you started your gnr shrine here on htgth. i think you may be a bit annoyed if slash came on here and started attacking you for a lot of what you wrote on your own site. again, jarmo, dont flatter yourself. i was just showing you that you were hiding out when the fortus thread was started. you always ask for proof from me, so i gave you the proof. i know , you always say, "got proof? get me a link, etc." so i gave it to you. now, going forward, do you want proof and links or not? just let me know. thanks..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:20:32 AM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: