Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:30:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228013 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 94788 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #460 on: January 17, 2008, 09:56:47 PM »

perhaps you didn't read what I said.   All younggunner did was bring up what Axl did.  Thats exactly what I'm saying we shouldnt' be doing.    You guys can't defend Slash without bringing Axl(or another member of the band) into the discussion.   Read the fucking thread dude.
how come your the only one who is concerned about who is brought up and what is relevant?
I hate to burst your bubble.... but no one cares about what you consider relevant no

How come Jarmo, the person who makes the rules, is discussing the points? You must want those passes really bad.

I don't want anything.   I want to see a Slash fan successfully defend a negative comment about Slash without bringing up Axl.  Simple enough?   
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #461 on: January 17, 2008, 09:58:44 PM »

perhaps you didn't read what I said.   All younggunner did was bring up what Axl did.  Thats exactly what I'm saying we shouldnt' be doing.    You guys can't defend Slash without bringing Axl(or another member of the band) into the discussion.   Read the fucking thread dude.
how come your the only one who is concerned about who is brought up and what is relevant?
I hate to burst your bubble.... but no one cares about what you consider relevant no

How come Jarmo, the person who makes the rules, is discussing the points? You must want those passes really bad.

I don't want anything.
  I want to see a Slash fan successfully defend a negative comment about Slash without bringing up Axl.  Simple enough?   

.....  rofl

Kinda of confusing but ok. I could sit here all day and "defend" Slash without bringing up Axl......
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:00:21 PM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #462 on: January 17, 2008, 09:59:52 PM »

Let's review the argument here

Axl fans: Yea slash was in a video game , he is raping the GNR name , he is selling his name for money what a joke...

Slash fan: Axl did the same

Axl Fan : Why bring up Axl? It's perfectly fine for him to do it just NOT SLASH!

As to the relevance of a previous user name I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

because this isn't about Axl.  Its apples and oranges and its just a smoke screen for you Slash fans.    You can't defend Slash on any other merit aside from bringing up Axl. 

For the record, I never gave my opinion on what I thought of Axl appearing in GTA, but he was in no way milking the name (of a band which he is still a big part of) and didn't appear as himself.   He made a cameo as some DJ.   I wasn't even interested enough to be able to tell you what the name was or what was said, because I don't really give a shit about video games.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #463 on: January 17, 2008, 10:02:57 PM »

Axl fans: Yea slash was in a video game , he is raping the GNR name , he is selling his name for money what a joke...

Axl Fan : Why bring up Axl? It's perfectly fine for him to do it just NOT SLASH!

As to the relevance of a previous user name I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

because this isn't about Axl.  Its apples and oranges and its just a smoke screen for you Slash fans.    You can't defend Slash on any other merit aside from bringing up Axl. 

For the record, I never gave my opinion on what I thought of Axl appearing in GTA, but he was in no way milking the name (of a band which he is still a big part of) and didn't appear as himself.   He made a cameo as some DJ.   I wasn't even interested enough to be able to tell you what the name was or what was said, because I don't really give a shit about video games.

Both parties had the same intention going in , so I find nothing wrong with it. I'll tell you why Slash did guitar hero , because he was asked to , I'm sure the presented him with the idea he dug it and went along , further more to have yourself in a game like that is an honor so why not?! Is it THAT hard to grasp the idea of a ROCK N ROLL GUITARIST being in a ROCK N ROLL GUITAR game?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #464 on: January 17, 2008, 10:06:16 PM »

Both parties had the same intention going in , so I find nothing wrong with it. I'll tell you why Slash did guitar hero , because he was asked to , I'm sure the presented him with the idea he dug it and went along , further more to have yourself in a game like that is an honor so why not?! Is it THAT hard to grasp the idea of a ROCK N ROLL GUITARIST being in a ROCK N ROLL GUITAR game?

Slash has become a brand.   If you consider that a good thing... well, I don't really know what to say.. but when I see the cover of Guitar Hero 3, I get that same queezy feeling I got 15 years ago when Slash played along side Micheal Jackson Sad
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #465 on: January 17, 2008, 10:09:19 PM »

Slash has become a brand.   If you consider that a good thing... well, I don't really know what to say.. but when I see the cover of Guitar Hero 3, I get that same queezy feeling I got 15 years ago when Slash played along side Micheal Jackson Sad

Jesus Christ no wonder we don't , agree let me guess Slash playing with Micheal wasn't good? How is that? If Slash was out there and it was like
" This lawnmower is SLASH approved" that be something , way out of line but when he is doing something he is known for that is FAR from being a brand. It's always great for all musicians to play with others and do great things , Slash has worked with A LOT of people , let me guess that isn't good either right?

* 2006 - Daughtry - Daughtry -> "What I Want"
    * 2006 - Paulina Rubio - Ananda -> "Nada Puede Cambiarme"
    * 2006 - Derek Sherinian - Blood of the Snake -> "In the Summertime"
    * 2006 - The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Original motion picture soundtrack) -> "Mustang Nismo"
    * 2006 - The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Original score) -> "Welcome to Tokyo"
    * 2006 - Sarah Kelly - Where the Past Meets Today -> "Still Breathing"; "Out of Reach"
    * 2005 - Ray Charles - More Music from Ray -> "Baby Let Me Hold Your Hand (version 2003)"
    * 2005 - Eric Clapton - Save The Children Benefit Single -> "Tears In Heaven"
    * 2005 - The Beatles - Benefit Single for the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake -> "Across the Universe"
    * 2003 - Elan - Street Child -> "Street Child"
    * 2003 - The Yardbirds - Birdland -> "Over, Under, Sideways, Down"
    * 2003 - Matt Sorum - Hollywood Zen -> "The Blame Game"
    * 2003 - Robert Evans - The Kids Stay In The Picture Soundtrack -> "Love Theme From The Godfather"
    * 2002 - Ray Charles - Ray Charles Sings for America -> "God Bless America Again"
    * 2001 - Rod Stewart - Human -> "Human"; "Peach"
    * 2001 - Cheap Trick - Silver -> "You?re All Talk"
    * 2001 - Michael Jackson - Invincible -> "Privacy"
    * 2001 - Bad Company - Merchants of Cool -> "Wishing Well"; "Crossroads"
    * 2001 - Ronnie Wood - Far East Man -> "Assorted Songs"
    * 2000 - Doro - Calling the Wild -> "Now or Never"
    * 1999 - Various Artists - Humanary Strew: A Tribute to Alice Cooper -> "No More Mr. Nice Guy"
    * 1999 - Chic - Live at the Budokan - "Le Freak"; "Stone Free"
    * 1999 - Graham Bonnet - Day I Went Mad -> "Oh! Darling"
    * 1999 - Duff McKagan - Beautiful Disease -> "Hope"; "Mezz"
    * 1998 - Ella - El -> "Bayangan"
    * 1997 - Alice Cooper - A Fistful of Alice -> "Lost in America"; "Only Women Bleed"; "Elected"
    * 1997 - Sammy Hagar - Marching to Mars -> "Little White Lie"
    * 1997 - Blackstreet - Another Level -> "Fix"
    * 1997 - Marta S?nchez - Azabache -> "Moja mi Coraz?n"
    * 1997 - Insane Clown Posse - The Great Milenko -> "Halls of Illusions"
    * 1996 - Marta S?nchez - Curdled Soundtrack -> "Obsession Confession"
    * 1995 - Quentin Tarantino - Jackie Brown -> "Jizz Da Pitt"
    * 1995 - Mario Peebles - Panthers Soundtrack -> "The Star Spangled Banner"
    * 1995 - Michael Jackson - HIStory -> "D.S."
    * 1994 - Paul Rodgers - Stone Free: A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix -> "I Don't Live Today"
    * 1994 - Gilby Clarke - Pawnshop Guitars -> "Cure Me...Or Kill Me..."; "Tijuana Jail"
    * 1993 - Paul Rodgers - Muddy Water Blues: Tribute to Muddy Waters -> "The Hunter"
    * 1993 - Duff McKagan - Believe in Me -> "Believe in Me"; "Just Not There"
    * 1992 - Mot?rhead - March ?r Die -> "Ain't No Nice Guy"; "You Better Run"
    * 1992 - Spinal Tap - Break Like the Wind -> "Break Like the Wind"
    * 1991 - Lenny Kravitz - Mama Said -> "Fields of Joy"; "Always on the Run"
    * 1991 - Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid -> "Hey Stoopid"
    * 1991 - Michael Jackson - Dangerous -> "Black or White"; "Give In to Me
    * 1990 - Iggy Pop - Brick By Brick -> "Home"
    * 1988 - Alice Cooper - Western Civilization: The Metal Years -> "Under My Wheels"

Yup Slash has been "branded" since 1988.......  hihi
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:10:55 PM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #466 on: January 17, 2008, 10:14:47 PM »

Jesus Christ no wonder we don't , agree let me guess Slash playing with Micheal wasn't good? How is that? If Slash was out there and it was like
" This lawnmower is SLASH approved" that be something , way out of line but when he is doing something he is known for that is FAR from being a brand. It's always great for all musicians to play with others and do great things , Slash has worked with A LOT of people , let me guess that isn't good either right?

* 2006 - The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Original motion picture soundtrack) -> "Mustang Nismo"
    * 2006 - The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Original score) -> "Welcome to Tokyo"
    * 2006 - Sarah Kelly - Where the Past Meets Today -> "Still Breathing"; "Out of Reach"
    * 2005 - Ray Charles - More Music from Ray -> "Baby Let Me Hold Your Hand (version 2003)"
    * 2005 - The Beatles - Benefit Single for the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake -> "Across the Universe"
    * 2003 - Robert Evans - The Kids Stay In The Picture Soundtrack -> "Love Theme From The Godfather"
    * 2002 - Ray Charles - Ray Charles Sings for America -> "God Bless America Again"
    * 1999 - Various Artists - Humanary Strew: A Tribute to Alice Cooper -> "No More Mr. Nice Guy"
    * 1997 - Alice Cooper - A Fistful of Alice -> "Lost in America"; "Only Women Bleed"; "Elected"
    * 1994 - Paul Rodgers - Stone Free: A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix -> "I Don't Live Today"
    * 1994 - Gilby Clarke - Pawnshop Guitars -> "Cure Me...Or Kill Me..."; "Tijuana Jail"
    * 1993 - Paul Rodgers - Muddy Water Blues: Tribute to Muddy Waters -> "The Hunter"
    * 1988 - Alice Cooper - Western Civilization: The Metal Years -> "Under My Wheels"

theres a good handful in that list I wish he would have avoided.   Its like he doesn't give a shit who he plays with, wheres the integrity in that?    This is Slash, not some session musican who NEEDS to appear on records to earn a living.     If I was him, I would have been more selective.    One Wacko Jacko collaboration was more than enough.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #467 on: January 17, 2008, 10:17:20 PM »

theres a good handful in that list I wish he would have avoided.   Its like he doesn't give a shit who he plays with, wheres the integrity in that?    This is Slash, not some session musican who NEEDS to appear on records to earn a living.     If I was him, I would have been more selective.    One Wacko Jacko collaboration was more than enough.

I don't think you are seeing it right , he just wants to go out there and play guitar whats wrong with that. Exactly as you said this is SLASH not some session musician , he doesn't NEED to but he WANTS to. Its a fun time for everyone involved , go in lay some guitar tracks down meet the other artist. He DOESN"T give a shit who he is playing with , he just wants to play music.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #468 on: January 17, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »

i think we disagree and nothing is going to change that

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #469 on: January 17, 2008, 10:40:27 PM »

i think we disagree and nothing is going to change that

True, I guess being a musician I have a different idea on stuff like artist collab's. I mean in my eyes , I'd love to work with anyone who is willing to take me in.  peace
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #470 on: January 17, 2008, 10:49:27 PM »

But that doesn't change the fact that Slash IS using GNR name.
how is he using the gnr name? GH went to him because Slash is one of the greatest guitar players of all time. Welcome To The Jungle is one of the greatest songs of all time. SHould they have asked Bumble to do it instead of Slash?
Who's talking about bbf? Maybe you should ask Slash why he isn't backing up his current band instead of using an old song by his former band which he said he won't talk about again. Smiley

You're failing to see that in your comparsions. Buckethead used his own current material. Axl could use Guns N' Roses as much as he wants, he's still on the band. Slash wrote the old songs, yeah, but wasn't he in a new band? Why would he use his old band's song?

Now, wouldn't be weird to have Buckethead playing TWAT solo in the next Guitar Hero? It's the same thing.

Also, it's not the first time he promotes himself using GN'R, the band he wanted to leave 12 years ago. It's obvious that he prefers to be the ex-GNR guitar player rather then the current VR guitar player. If you can't see something weird on that, maybe you should try to talk more about your ex-girlfriend than your current one and tell me if she thinks it's ok.

I dont get how Slash is whoring out a song he helped create. Especially since all parties involved were ok with it.

And if Geffen made that decision than its Axls fault too because guess who was a part of the agreement to sell the catalouge? yep you guessed it Axl.....I wonder why he made a deal...maybe because he needs money too??
What's the point about Axl needing money?

Anyways, it's absurd. Its more likely to be a Geffen move rather than about Axl selling the publishing rights. And Slash trying to whore because of this is only his fault. Just because you can it doesn't mean it's other people fault to let you do it. You're responsable for what you do.

When in discussion, one needs to back up their statements with examples. Being that we are in talking about rock bands, selling out, etc the best way to compare and contrast is by using examples that can stick to that topic. Since we are ta;king about Slash, the next best example would be Axl if we are trying to compare some situations.
Funny, because as far as I remember, there's a big difference between the two: one is still on Guns N' Roses, the other one no more. How can that be ignored, specially when Slash has bullshitting about not talking about his former band and looks more interested in talking about, playing and being known because of GN'R.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #471 on: January 17, 2008, 10:51:01 PM »

Slash is players player and likes to have fun. Nobody busted Eddie Van Halen's balls when he played with Whacko Jacko.  

Slash is in his 40's and still relevant to the masses.  He has been relevant for 20 years and has always been cool.  I think its wonderful.  I love the exposure so other people can see what we have seen all along, Slash is a grade A badass!  When you are a fan of someone, you want them to be successful and relevant and having fun.  I think all those words apply to Slash.  If I didn't like Slash, I would make up things to bitch about, like playing guitar for the richest man on the planet.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #472 on: January 17, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »

how is he using the gnr name? GH went to him because Slash is one of the greatest guitar players of all time. Welcome To The Jungle is one of the greatest songs of all time. SHould they have asked Bumble to do it instead of Slash?
Who's talking about bbf? Maybe you should ask Slash why he isn't backing up his current band instead of using an old song by his former band which he said he won't talk about again. Smiley

You're failing to see that in your comparsions. Buckethead used his own current material. Axl could use Guns N' Roses as much as he wants, he's still on the band. Slash wrote the old songs, yeah, but wasn't he in a new band? Why would he use his old band's song?

Now, wouldn't be weird to have Buckethead playing TWAT solo in the next Guitar Hero? It's the same thing.

Also, it's not the first time he promotes himself using GN'R, the band he wanted to leave 12 years ago. It's obvious that he prefers to be the ex-GNR guitar player rather then the current VR guitar player. If you can't see something weird on that, maybe you should try to talk more about your ex-girlfriend than your current one and tell me if she thinks it's ok.

I dont get how Slash is whoring out a song he helped create. Especially since all parties involved were ok with it.

And if Geffen made that decision than its Axls fault too because guess who was a part of the agreement to sell the catalouge? yep you guessed it Axl.....I wonder why he made a deal...maybe because he needs money too??

Anyways, it's absurd. Its more likely to be a Geffen move rather than about Axl selling the publishing rights. And Slash trying to whore because of this is only his fault. Just because you can it doesn't mean it's other people fault to let you do it. You're responsable for what you do.

When in discussion, one needs to back up their statements with examples. Being that we are in talking about rock bands, selling out, etc the best way to compare and contrast is by using examples that can stick to that topic. Since we are ta;king about Slash, the next best example would be Axl if we are trying to compare some situations.
Funny, because as far as I remember, there's a big difference between the two: one is still on Guns N' Roses, the other one no more. How can that be ignored, specially when Slash has bullshitting about not talking about his former band and looks more interested in talking about, playing and being known because of GN'R.

Voodoo, Welcome to the Jungle is one of the most popular riffs in guitar history.  There are VR songs on the game, but Welcome to the Jungle is fucking huge and I am sure the game wanted him to play it.  And again, since he wrote it, what is the big deal?  Roger Waters played Pink Floyd songs for over 20 years outside of Pink Floyd.  Sting sang Police songs outside of the Police for over 20 years.  Steve Perry sings Journey songs outside of Journey. 

Voodoo, Slash is an artist, and artist has the write to display his art where ever the heck he wants.  He is proud of his VR art too, but to act like VR has a rock anthem as big as one of the greatest of all time is foolish.  Jungle is a Rock Classic. 
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #473 on: January 17, 2008, 11:06:03 PM »

@ fuckin crazy:  Why are you arguing with someone who was banned three days ago?  confused

One word ... well a couple; to start with liquor, and the fallaciousness of his arguments were a little disconcerning. Hopefully, is IP wasn't banned and he can check back and see that someone, or a few, called him out on his bullshit.

Then again, Ihaven't checked this part of the forum in a while. So, I would think, that ths too will be outdated. cheers

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #474 on: January 17, 2008, 11:11:42 PM »

I know about WTTJ fame, thanks. Smiley

I guess Slash is very comfortable at this position of needing to be seeing as the former GN'R member. He has the right to do that and he indeed did. Nobody is denying it. But that only shows how he's not trying that hard to move foward. Au contraire.

And I dunno about him being proud of his VR art too as he barely talks about his band nowadays.

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #475 on: January 17, 2008, 11:13:30 PM »

You're failing to see that in your comparsions. Buckethead used his own current material. Axl could use Guns N' Roses as much as he wants, he's still on the band. Slash wrote the old songs, yeah, but wasn't he in a new band? 1 Why would he use his old band's song?

2 Now, wouldn't be weird to have Buckethead playing TWAT solo in the next Guitar Hero? It's the same thing.

1. Because HE WROTE the guitar part to one of the biggest rock anthems in the past couples decades? So naturally he would play that , Velvet Revolver is AMAZING and So is the New Guns , but I'm unsure that either can EVER put out anything as amazing as those 12 tracks we come to know as Appetite. Slash isn't trying to do it all over again , he just playing rock guitar in a rock n roll band he has had his share of success. He made the song , and not only that but you hear it and you think of the top hat and the hair , Slash's image is forever intact with ALL of those songs.

2. No it isn't because BH wasn't even in ANY professional released GNR material and just face it Slash's image is forver apart of the GNR legacy.

He is proud of Velvet Revolver , but Guns was his claim to fame it will overshadow VR and any other project and I think he has comes to terms with that.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #476 on: January 17, 2008, 11:34:49 PM »

It would be like going to a John Fogerty concert and expect him not to play CCR songs because he left that band.  Give me a fucking break.

Same could be said for Paul Rodgers, Roger Waters, Sting, Michael Schenker, Ronnie James Dio, Ozzy Osbourne, Eric Clapton.  All these artists where in previous bands and still play previous bands songs in their currents bands.  They are all money hungry whores!!!!!  Or maybe, just maybe, they too love those songs as their fans do and they love to play them because they rock.  Ozzy and Ronnie James Dio were both in Sabbath and both played Sabbath songs after they left Sabbath.  Amazing!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #477 on: January 17, 2008, 11:35:57 PM »

Voodoo, I forgot Jimi Hendrix, who played Experience songs with Band of Gypsies.  Amazing again.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #478 on: January 17, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »

Slash is in his 40's and still relevant to the masses.  He has been relevant for 20 years and has always been cool.  I think its wonderful.  I love the exposure so other people can see what we have seen all along, Slash is a grade A badass!  When you are a fan of someone, you want them to be successful and relevant and having fun.  I think all those words apply to Slash.  If I didn't like Slash, I would make up things to bitch about, like playing guitar for the richest man on the planet.

From previous posts, some might have developed the opinion that I am not a fan of his work; nothing could be further from the truth. It was mearly a commetary on arguments that don't "hold water". There are few guitarists out there that have achieved his level success.

For some reason, some want to think that it is a sin to market ones self. Where as, some of my posts might have come across that I am die hard communist, nothing could be further from the truth. I firmly believe in a freemarket society and support anyone in their endeavor to achieve the most of their talents.

Besides, he can bend the fuck out of some strings ... then and now.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #479 on: January 17, 2008, 11:44:25 PM »

Fuckin, you know what I like about your post?  You don't insult, you state your opinion, and you give reason why you feel that way.

ok  Great post!  I like what you say!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: