Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 05:09:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227951 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Brazillian tour on 2nd half of 2008 (updated 14/04)?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Brazillian tour on 2nd half of 2008 (updated 14/04)?  (Read 28279 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: January 01, 2008, 03:52:16 PM »

Edited in 14/04/08:

Yeah, I know this rumor is going on for quite some time, but there's a new source (kinda credible) saying it will happen:

Festival
The bands Red Hot Chili Peppers and Guns N' Roses will come to Brazil this year. Where and when the show is gonna happen is yet to be decided.

Source (in portuguese): http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u391816.shtml

Sorry if its a bogus, but would be cool if someone could check this rumor.

============

Sorry for the lame ass translation:

Will they come?

(...)

Another one who has "good chances" (says a producer) to be here is the Guns N' Roses, at the beginign of the second half of the year.

Whole article (in portuguese): http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u359387.shtml

=======

Well, this is a really reliable source (I mean, the newspaper). But I dunno about their source, so, take it as a grain of salt. Also, shall I remember you that last year we had several rumors about shows in Brazil and nothing happened?

Maybe people here wouldn't be interested, but if this is true, it may be a good sign of things starting to moving again. Maybe with the album too. Here's hope!  peace
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:24:14 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 04:10:16 PM »

Well GNR has a history at the Rock In Rio fest which they played in 2006, so I'm sure that's probably why they're on this rumor mill.

Hopefully we'll get some news in the near future. One could only hope.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:11:53 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »

^
Well, Rock in Rio doesn?t belong to us anymore lol
 rofl hihi rant crying

but let?s see if this happen, probably with the new album

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »

^
Well, Rock in Rio doesn?t belong to us anymore lol
 rofl hihi rant crying

but let?s see if this happen, probably with the new album

Yeah, why did they change that? I mean lets go from Brazil to Portugal and Spain...?

Anyway, in the words of Mike (Cheese) Pizza, "we love what you do and hope you do more of it".

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 04:45:05 PM »

I think Roberto Medina ( and now his gang of money makers ) wanted to rock in rio be like the best festival of all times, and keeping the "only in Brazil" thing wouldn?t work.
Shame for us because the event opened lots of doors to our contry and our musicians to the whole word.
And of course, to see lots of cool bands here in the same event.
I get a bit of jealousy seeing those festivals around the world with great bands, and knot seeing this around here anymore.

But let?s hope to Guns bring the next tour to here! That?s what I?m waiting!!
and maybe, someday, play with my band in the same stage as Axl, Fink and the gang  peace

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »

South America is definitely long overdue for GnR  peace   Hope they get some shows in 2008, and hopefully they come back to North America!   
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »

Sounds good, but they need to get back to NORTH AMERICA!
Waldorf
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 08:57:56 PM »

no, germany.  love
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 09:06:34 PM »

The next time they tour North America, the album release must be imminent or in the stores. A third Chinese Democracy tour without an album would be difficult to explain.

I am lukewarm about this rumor though. Maybe I have an anglo-centric view of things but could this band tour South America when the album drops? A presence in Europe or the USA makes sense to me when the drop occurs.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 09:10:58 PM »

Like KillingVector said, they need the album to come back to North America. They're picky little shits over here.

Besides the LA/NY shows in 2006 the attendance was somewhat lackluster from the shows that I went to. All that will change once people realize the talent of the new line-up and hear the album not to mention the band gets the promotion and exposure that it deserves.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 11:31:30 PM »

sorry to sound like a tard but how do rumors such as these get started?Huh

PS wouldn't a US tour be NOT smart without an album? or even a Brazillian tour for that matter  headscratch
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 11:45:21 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 11:57:37 PM »

CDE, the article is from a Portuguese newspaper stating the acts that will be coming to South America in 2008 and the producer states that GNR is a band likely to play there this year.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 12:25:27 AM »

CDE, the article is from a Portuguese newspaper stating the acts that will be coming to South America in 2008 and the producer states that GNR is a band likely to play there this year.

ahh i see Smiley

but still any tour with no album (again) is stupid and they must see this so ..........Heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY in 2008 beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 01:04:04 AM »

Maybe I have an anglo-centric view of things but could this band tour South America when the album drops? A presence in Europe or the USA makes sense to me when the drop occurs.
If it turns out to be true, it could be soon before the album drops. Other bands already did that.

I mean, maybe by then, they will have already a real release date set with a single.

chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 07:12:57 AM »

I hope it's true this time.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 07:13:22 AM »

PS wouldn't a US tour be NOT smart without an album? or even a Brazillian tour for that matter? headscratch

Quite frankly, the 2001-2002 wasn't a smart move without an album
However, i smell a repeat of 2004, where the band were scheduled to do a one off performance at rio, but cancelled due to a deature of a member (my money is on this time it being Robin Finck or Tommy Stinson)

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 08:56:20 AM »

Could they be going to South America for a couple of gigs to promote the album...?? yes Yes, I'm getting over excited but doesn't it sound kinda promising? Even though it's just a rumour.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »

i smell a repeat of 2004, where the band were scheduled to do a one off performance at rio, but cancelled due to a deature of a member (my money is on this time it being Robin Finck or Tommy Stinson)

go to mygnr with that kind of bullshit ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 11:38:41 AM »

hope it comes true for Brazilian fans.

i smell a repeat of 2004, where the band were scheduled to do a one off performance at rio, but cancelled due to a deature of a member (my money is on this time it being Robin Finck or Tommy Stinson)

You have a piss poor nose.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »

PS wouldn't a US tour be NOT smart without an album? or even a Brazillian tour for that matter? headscratch

Quite frankly, the 2001-2002 wasn't a smart move without an album

it wasn't totally stupid then it could have been considered as "promotion" but if they do it again..........

However, i smell a repeat of 2004, where the band were scheduled to do a one off performance at rio, but cancelled due to a deature of a member (my money is on this time it being Robin Finck or Tommy Stinson)

Don't scare the people like that no

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: