Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:50:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 44662 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 09:30:39 PM »

i've seen the new band multiple times and loved it.

the music is what keeps gnr alive, nothing else. and right now what music can you legally own from guns n roses?

that which was written by the old band. so don't start with bullshit about the current band keep gnr alive.

--------

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 09:37:50 PM »

It's the legend that keeps GN'R alive.

War is over, if you want it.
GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 09:38:54 PM »

Ironically i just saw a sign for Guitar Hero: Aerosmith at the mall tonight. It said July however.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 09:41:43 PM »

All this "old vs new" shit is getting boring. Slap in the face this and that.

People quit the band, they left it behind.

If they made a game with GN'R's music mixing old and new, who the hell would expect the former members to be the ones doing the work? They're supposed to be busy with their current band(s).

The current band is what keeps GN'R going. Don't forget that.

/jarmo

yea, I just think if they were to do Guitar Hero, it would be in the band's best interest to make it exclusively about the guys in the band now.     One more thing to show these naysayers that GnR is alive and well post-Slash.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »

Ironically i just saw a sign for Guitar Hero: Aerosmith at the mall tonight. It said July however.

yeah it was announced last week about aerosmith having its own gh game which is the cause of gnr or metallica gh game rumors
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 09:47:42 PM »

the music is what keeps gnr alive, nothing else. and right now what music can you legally own from guns n roses?

that which was written by the old band. so don't start with bullshit about the current band keep gnr alive.

What band did you see live multiple times?

If the music is what keeps the band/artist alive, how many times did you see Nirvana or Jimi Hendrix in the last few years?

You can twist it anyway you want it, the fact is, those people walked away (except Steven). Yet you still think they have some kind of right to use the GN'R name because they were part of the band in the past.

If there's old music used anywhere, those guys get credited like they should. As the songwriters.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »

I think this would be an awesome idea.  Unless it was sold at cheaper price, the game is going to need at least 50-60 songs.  That pretty much means every song GNR ever written.  Mind you, GNR is/was a band that knew how to cover a song, so I guess you could throw in all the songs that they covered (think Godfather theme).  I don't care what anyone says, this would be an amazing way for GNR to promote new material.  A lot of bands that people have forgotten or kids haven't discovered have felt newfound fans because of the exposure.  I had never heard of Priestess until Guitar Hero 3 and I've got to say that they're pretty amazing.  I'm sure millions of kids would have the same response if they bought a GNR-oriented version of Guitar Hero.

Also, I don't think Activision would need Axl's approval as it's my understanding that Axl sold the publishing rights to Sanctuary for $19 million a few years ago.  This is why over the last few years we've seen GNR songs in more movies and video games (btw, not sure if this is mentioned in another section, but in Gone Baby Gone there's good use of acoustic version of "You're Crazy"). 

The Guitar Hero series is a gold mine and a lot of money can be made off of licensing fees.  I think in 2007 alone, the series sold upwards of $800 million dollars. 

Not that it would ever happen, but it would be pretty awesome if you could choose the character based on real people.  Traci Guns, Slash, Zack Wylde, Dave Navarro, Robin Fink, Buckethead, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot.  That would be pretty cool if you could use a different GNR axeman. 

Well, a boy can dream...

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
ben9785
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 10:47:45 PM »

Going on from what Jarmo said, yeah, I would think that the release of a GNR exclusive Guitar Hero, particularly if it coincides with the release of the forthcoming GNR album, then it should ideally only focus on the present band members and new songs for the most part.

The current members of GNR need their due recognition as individuals regardless of the legacy of the band.

SLASH and DUFF were and still are an important part of the history of GNR, but in the present tense, they are not members of the band.
Gunsnroses-now
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 10:53:47 PM »

What GH would want is the old band. They've already seen how marketable Slash is. Guitar Hero is not a platform to launch new music with. They wouldn't want to have anything to do with the current band.

Besides, who is in the current band? Would this dream game have Ron Thal in it? Considering that the recorded solos are very likely BH's, who do you put in the game? What about a drummer? Baz just said the alums were all done by Brain, it's unclear if he's still in the band, Frank certainly is.

The old band would create an interest that the new band couldn't for this game, considering this game honors rock legends and classic songs, not promote new singles. But the old band's discography can't hold up a full game. So... just sprinkle in a GN'R tune anytime a new game is coming out. A re;eased GN'R song.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 11:27:44 PM »

awesome hope its true if so i'm getting both. I'd also likek to get one for KISS if they have one eventually

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 11:39:41 PM »

awesome hope its true if so i'm getting both. I'd also likek to get one for KISS if they have one eventually

peace

That would be a challenge - learning to play some Paul Stanley riffs!  ok

War is over, if you want it.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 11:57:32 PM »

This would be great...if they had the new Axl braided look on the cover with Buckethead/Robin beside him!  That would be perfect!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2008, 12:25:16 AM »

This would be great...if they had the new Axl braided look on the cover with Buckethead/Robin beside him!  That would be perfect!

anyone want to photoshop that  Grin but instead of bucket since he's not in the band no more put ron or richard
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2008, 04:40:07 AM »

I don't understand... Wouldn't this game be a good way to promote the NEW album and, because of that, would include the new members?

Would the NEW album be good way to promote the game? If we assume the game will be released well before CD?
Even if the CD is out there average guitar hero addict would ofc want to hear/play old GNR, not new. They want to have shady silouette kinda looking like Slash out there, not shady silouette kinda looking like Bumblefoot.
People want classics and songs and characters they have been recognizing for years/decades. They don't want IRS and Robin Finck.

" We want to offer all you rock lovers a pile of cool, familiar rock tunes to digest! Such as Dude Looks like a lady, Get a Grip, Janie's got a gun by Aerosmith, One, Enter Sandman by Metallica and IRS and Chinese Democracy by Guns N' Roses!"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 04:42:15 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2008, 05:19:42 AM »

I don't understand... Wouldn't this game be a good way to promote the NEW album and, because of that, would include the new members?

Would the NEW album be good way to promote the game? If we assume the game will be released well before CD?
Even if the CD is out there average guitar hero addict would ofc want to hear/play old GNR, not new. They want to have shady silouette kinda looking like Slash out there, not shady silouette kinda looking like Bumblefoot.
People want classics and songs and characters they have been recognizing for years/decades. They don't want IRS and Robin Finck.

" We want to offer all you rock lovers a pile of cool, familiar rock tunes to digest! Such as Dude Looks like a lady, Get a Grip, Janie's got a gun by Aerosmith, One, Enter Sandman by Metallica and IRS and Chinese Democracy by Guns N' Roses!"

I have to agree, can you imagine paying your hard-earned for the GH game, then not being able to play SCOM?
What's wrong (logistics aside) with the old band playing their songs, and the new playing the new, like career mode?
It'd be like the story of GnR up to and including the recently released Chinese Democracy. It could be good.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 05:40:20 AM »

What band did you see live multiple times?

If the music is what keeps the band/artist alive, how many times did you see Nirvana or Jimi Hendrix in the last few years?

You can twist it anyway you want it, the fact is, those people walked away (except Steven). Yet you still think they have some kind of right to use the GN'R name because they were part of the band in the past.

If there's old music used anywhere, those guys get credited like they should. As the songwriters.

/jarmo

i saw guns n roses.

and you can put as much bullshit spin on it as you want,

guns n roses:

AFD era Axl Slash Izzy Duff Steven
UYI era Axl Slash Izzy Duff Matt Dizzy
and current era Axl Dizzy Tommy Robin Richard Chris Frank/Brain Ron

now take into consideration the format guitar hero uses, going through stages of a bands life from starting out to the present time.

and seeing how you love having all the accurate information regarding gnr and hate it when people lie about the history.

would it not be rather fucked up if you had the current era playing in a small club doing some afd songs. and then playing with a UYI style backdrop doing songs they've never performed.

in much the same way it would be fucked up if they just used the old band and had them playing stuff from CD.

----------

also considering they also have slash mo-capped it wouldn't take a great deal of work to put that over into a new version.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 08:17:22 AM »

First off I am dying for the aerosmith version. I am not a gamer at all, but I had my girlfriend buy me Guitar hero 3 for Christmas and love it. I am gonna get the A-smith version the day it comes out this summer. I did read tho that they plan on having you play small clubs in the early seventies all the way til now, which causes problems for an all GnR version. I personally wouldn't be offended or care if they had the new band playing in some club in 85', however how fucking awesome would it be if you could play 2 versions of the game? One version you start in 85 playing clubs, then tour appetite, then the illusions. 2nd version could start around 01 touring, play an awards show, tour CD. You would need all members from the old band and new to sign off which makes this highly unlikely but it would still be pretty rad. In the first version you could "battle" vince neil and in the 2nd version tommy hilfiger.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 09:32:25 AM »

i saw guns n roses.

and you can put as much bullshit spin on it as you want,

guns n roses:

AFD era Axl Slash Izzy Duff Steven
UYI era Axl Slash Izzy Duff Matt Dizzy
and current era Axl Dizzy Tommy Robin Richard Chris Frank/Brain Ron

now take into consideration the format guitar hero uses, going through stages of a bands life from starting out to the present time.

and seeing how you love having all the accurate information regarding gnr and hate it when people lie about the history.

would it not be rather fucked up if you had the current era playing in a small club doing some afd songs. and then playing with a UYI style backdrop doing songs they've never performed.

in much the same way it would be fucked up if they just used the old band and had them playing stuff from CD.

----------

also considering they also have slash mo-capped it wouldn't take a great deal of work to put that over into a new version.

Very good. So you'd expect Slash (of Velvet Revolver) to appear in a video game promoting his old band who's releasing a new album (assuming that's why GN'R are the subject of  special edition of the game)?

He already did "his" Guitar Hero. I just don't see him doing another one especially if it's associated with a new album by the current band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2008, 09:45:10 AM »

And if the Guitar Hero: GNR comes out with some old songs re-recorded by the new band?

Id love to hear that... Would have kinda the same tracklist as the live setlist.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2008, 09:52:30 AM »

And if the Guitar Hero: GNR comes out with some old songs re-recorded by the new band?

Id love to hear that... Would have kinda the same tracklist as the live setlist.

I'm afraid that would never happen.  Look at what happened with Black Hawk Down.

Ali
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: