Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:51:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 44077 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: February 19, 2008, 10:37:24 AM »

First, I'm sorry for the poor english translation, the original article was on a Portuguese website.

Second, I dunno about how reliable is their source, or if it's just wishful thinking. But anyways, feel free to delete the thread if it's just bogus.

Guitar Hero Aerosmith special edition

Next June will be released a new edition of the popular guitar simulation game, this time exclusive dedicated to Steven Tyler's charismatic band.

It's gonna be called Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and it put the gamer to play the classic tracks played by guitarists Joe Perry, Brad Whitford and bass player Tom Hamilton.

Rumors says there is another Guitar Hero versions soon to be released for Guns N' Roses and Metallica.

Source: http://exameinformatica.clix.pt/noticias/software/996362.html

SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »

Hope this is true. With Aerosmith and GN'R my two most favorite bands of all time (with Metallica, Faith No More and Pink Floyd rounding out my top five) this will be a great treat!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:17:56 AM »

if there ever is one with GNR I'd hope it would be after CD though
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:23:39 AM »

Before Guitar Hero 3 there was a rumor floating around about having a new GNR song in the game. Maybe it would be a great way to promote the first single and the new album. Cheesy

I just think it would be way too cool to be able to play Better, TWAT and other new songs too, but if it's just about the old songs I would be glad enough if they could put Locomotive and Rocket Queen. Cheesy

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »

if there ever is one with GNR I'd hope it would be after CD though

I would think Axl would need to sign off on that, and that's the only way I think he'd do it . . .   But what to I know?!?!?!

Sure hope it's true though!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 11:36:33 AM »

new songs or not, me too would love to see Robin.  Tongue
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 11:40:41 AM »

That would be great to see that game dedicated to GNR.   Not sure how that would work based on the way it looks like the Aerosmith one is being done.  What you do? Be able to pick between the old band and new band?   
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 11:45:42 AM »

Well, I guess it would be only about the new band, if they are indeed doing it to promote new songs.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 11:59:07 AM »

Maybe they are workin close with the record company, and it is one of the ways to promote the album  ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 11:59:19 AM »

thats awesome...i pitched this idea to Beta awhile ago.Im sure this has been in the works before that(if its even true) but I have always thought bands should use Guitar Hero as a means of promotion.

....I have a few ideas but I would really like to tell you about one of them and see what you think about it.

One way in which the band can promote CD is by being the first band to have its complete album on Guitar Hero and or Rock Band. All kids today do is play video games. Why not partner up with Guitar Hero and or Rock band and have them make the game for Chinese Democracy?

The game would be like it is now but  the songs would only consist of whats on the album and maybe a bonus or 2.(all that can be worked out)

I think its a descent idea. It would be another form of revenue for the band and or the label. It would also introduce this type of promotion to the market. ...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:06:46 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »

Youngunner - I totally agree.  If you look at ITUNES, etc.  There top selling songs are from Rock Band and GH Series.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »

the gamer to play the classic tracks played by guitarists Joe Perry, Brad Whitford and bass player Tom Hamilton.

Rumors says there is another Guitar Hero versions soon to be released for Guns N' Roses and Metallica.

by the sound of it the rumour doesn't really hint a promotion of a new album tho.  Grin
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »

that would be fun

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 02:17:23 PM »

It would be absouletely fuckin' awesome!

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 02:48:07 PM »

As awesome as it would be I can't see it being true.

Steven Tyler and Joe Perry have worked close with Activevision to get this thing off the ground, and in the game you're going to assume the roles of the Aerosmith guys and rock from when they were a small shit band no one knew about to the band they are today.

As cool as a Gn'R Guitar Hero would be, I don't think anyone would work with Activevision to get it rolling.  I mean, Slash would, but could they do it without Axl's consent?  Even if you could get Axl involved (which I'm sure wouldn't be that hard) would Axl want it to be based the old Gn'R?  No way, he'd want it to be the new Gn'R.  Would Activevision put out a Guitar Hero based on the new Gn'R?  Probably not, they'd want the old Gn'R. 

Maybe they can just go ahead and do it anyway, but I doubt that they can.  It'd be awesome, but I think that's the only way we'd get to see it done, if they based it on the old band and were able to do it without Axl's consent.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 04:05:10 PM »

As awesome as it would be I can't see it being true.

Steven Tyler and Joe Perry have worked close with Activevision to get this thing off the ground, and in the game you're going to assume the roles of the Aerosmith guys and rock from when they were a small shit band no one knew about to the band they are today.

As cool as a Gn'R Guitar Hero would be, I don't think anyone would work with Activevision to get it rolling.  I mean, Slash would, but could they do it without Axl's consent?  Even if you could get Axl involved (which I'm sure wouldn't be that hard) would Axl want it to be based the old Gn'R?  No way, he'd want it to be the new Gn'R.  Would Activevision put out a Guitar Hero based on the new Gn'R?  Probably not, they'd want the old Gn'R. 

Maybe they can just go ahead and do it anyway, but I doubt that they can.  It'd be awesome, but I think that's the only way we'd get to see it done, if they based it on the old band and were able to do it without Axl's consent.

Or base it on greatest hits and have unlockable characters from both old and new GN'R with a bunch of fictional characters (like other versions of the game) with a bunch of songs that inspire GN'R God knows there are plenty.

I don't think Axl wants to deny the past existed, he just wants people to accept that it's over.

plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

Since GN'R and videogames consume my life, I'd easily sign off on this. I'd love to play Pretty Tied Up and Nightrain, and hopefully they could fill the game with a ton of fan service.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 04:20:11 PM »

i hope it only focuses on guys who are actually in the band now as opposed to people who abandoned the band and left it.    this lineup needs more exposure and giving them a guitar hero game could be a great way to introduce GnR to a new generation.   including ex-members only confuses things and leads people not in the know to believe things that aren't true.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 04:28:03 PM »

i hope it only focuses on guys who are actually in the band now as opposed to people who abandoned the band and left it.    this lineup needs more exposure and giving them a guitar hero game could be a great way to introduce GnR to a new generation.   including ex-members only confuses things and leads people not in the know to believe things that aren't true.

they might just end up putting in the old band if they decided to really make a GNR GH game. id love to see the current members but i dont see that happening.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 04:34:36 PM »

It won't happen.
not realistic,

they will not give away new songs to games, adds, or whatever.
the harley thing was to fast. they won't pull of another harley and see a new song float on the internet.

Let the boys focus on the stuff that they are working on now.

let them anounce the big statement this summer (june/july)
let them tour, september/march.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: