Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:10:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who Should the Next VR Singer be?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should the Next VR Singer be?  (Read 152255 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #620 on: August 12, 2008, 03:08:08 PM »

LENNY KRAVITZ: I Am Not Joining VELVET REVOLVER - Aug. 12, 2008

Lenny Kravitz has shot down as false Internet reports that he is set to become the new singer of VELVET REVOLVER. The singer told RollingStone.com, "I know and love the VELVET REVOLVER guys but there is no truth to the story about me joining their band."

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/12/exclusive-lenny-kravitz-tells-rs-no-truth-to-the-story-about-joining-velvet-revolver/

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #621 on: August 12, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »

Lenny Kravitz has shot down as false Internet reports that he is set to become the new singer of VELVET REVOLVER. The singer told RollingStone.com, "I know and love the VELVET REVOLVER guys but there is no truth to the story about me joining their band."

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/12/exclusive-lenny-kravitz-tells-rs-no-truth-to-the-story-about-joining-velvet-revolver/

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net

Damn.  I was digging the concept of Lenny joining VR.

Here's to hoping that they reconsider and get Royston Langdon.  beer

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #622 on: August 12, 2008, 03:14:16 PM »

was waiting for that
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #623 on: August 12, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »

Now that's truly shocking!

Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #624 on: August 12, 2008, 03:44:43 PM »

time for the next rumor:

Andrew Stockdale Cheesy
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #625 on: August 12, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »

I'll save the "I told you so's"....

Bennington, Kravitz, Astbury, Hagar...

Who's next - Staley, Cobain, Morrison (Jim that is)Huh

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #626 on: August 12, 2008, 04:43:03 PM »

Rod Jackson!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #627 on: August 12, 2008, 05:00:59 PM »

Rod Jackson!

/jarmo

He's right there with Corabi, Bach, Rock Of Love...etc...

Maybe Robert Plant will squash those Zep rumors and come aboard..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 05:03:26 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #628 on: August 12, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Lenny made a guest appearance on an upcoming album (slash/vr) but there was no way in hell he'd become the new VR singer. Imagine him singing Slither  nervous
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #629 on: August 12, 2008, 06:48:10 PM »

Where do we go now?  Where do we go?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #630 on: August 12, 2008, 07:27:42 PM »

Brett Hestla

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #631 on: August 12, 2008, 08:41:28 PM »

Rod Jackson!

/jarmo

Please NOO! no

Ronnie James Dio?! wow... that sound strange... a way heavier stuff...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #632 on: August 12, 2008, 10:33:34 PM »

I don't see why they can't just go out and get a singer who fits in with the type of music these guys are the best at making.  Even if he's a no name, they have enough label clout and name recognition in the band already, to where if they write good music it will get airplay and sell records

But to me I think some guys in the band have this ego where they feel like they deserve to have a lead singer who's already a big name, or at least like they need one to sell records.  They don't.  They just need someone who is a good songwriter with a good voice whose style lines up with the styles of the guys in the band
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #633 on: August 13, 2008, 11:12:12 AM »

It's amazing how all the web sites picked this story up in the last few days-while I think they would have been awsome live, I've never been a Lenny Kravitz fan, just a personal thing about his voice

libertad
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #634 on: August 13, 2008, 11:40:17 AM »

Funny how much interest there is in who they get considering the low level of interest in Libertad etc
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #635 on: August 13, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »

Funny how much interest there is in who they get considering the low level of interest in Libertad etc

i was interrested in libertad until i realized that it really wasn't good

i'll be interrested in this until they start suck, it can be great, and it could be awful.. if it's good i'll stay interrested, if it's crap my interrest will fade away

I guess it's the same for most people on htgth and the press etc.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #636 on: August 13, 2008, 12:13:05 PM »

The amount of interest is due to their high profile personas and their
status (less Kushner of course) within the lexicon of rock.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #637 on: August 13, 2008, 12:21:49 PM »

Lenny Kravitz would have been perfect, but I knew that was a long shot. He has a good thing going on his own and there is no reason to mess with that. That is like Justin Timberlake now wanting to join the Backstreet Boys.

I don't think that the reason that they want a big name is to fullfill their egos. It is simply a business decision and a smart one. Remember this band and all famous bands are a business at the end of the day. If they were to get a Rod Jackson they would only have a small cult following like Loaded or Snakepit and it would probably lead to the breakup of the band all together, especially since Libertad was not as succesful as they hoped. I saw both versions of Snakepit and they played really really small venues. The first version was packed the second time I went to see them it was almost empty... it was really sad because I thought they were good.

Therefore they need to re-emerge as they origially did and create a buzz for their new singer and new material. When Scott joined the group people were excited because the band was like a super group... GNR+STP. People wanted to hear their product. The only way to do that is with a lead singer that will bring that excitement that people will be interested in and that the press will want to write about. If they get someone like Rod Jackson.... I am sorry but that will not grab any headlines. Maybe a couple of articles in guitar world and a paragraph in Rollingstone but nothing crazy. However, if they would get someone like Lenny Kravitz or a Chris Cornell... Everyone will be talking about it,  the press will have a field day with the kind of material that the band will create because their is so much potential for great music that it is inevitable that their will be an anticipation to finally hear the music just like whats going on with GNR. As annoying as it is to wait as long as GNR fans have waited one thing I think everyone on this board can agree on is that we are definitely anticipating CD to finally get released. I think that is what VR is striving for and i hope that is what they do.

For me its funny I do not regret that they chose Scott for the role and things did not work out, however one decision I wish they would have made was to have stuck with Rick Rubin to produce Libertad, because he is a genious at what he does. Although I like Libertad I think that they may have rushed their material and that it could have been better. I think this is a band that needs someone to pull on their reins to get the best musically out of them. They seem to always be in a rush. I think that is one of the elements that Axl brought to the mix that made them keep challenging themselves musically.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #638 on: August 13, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »

So was Lenny the "big name vocalist" that Matt was talking about and it didn't work out?  Or do they have another "big name vocalist" in the works?

And what happened to the website to audition singers that Slash talked about in that Billboard interview a long time ago?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #639 on: August 13, 2008, 07:33:51 PM »

just announce that you have someone, get a record done and then tour already, lol

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: