Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:05:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland Fires Back At Sorum: 'Ego And Jealousy Can Get The Better Of Anyone'
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland Fires Back At Sorum: 'Ego And Jealousy Can Get The Better Of Anyone'  (Read 56654 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »

Sorum appears to be the a-hole in many inter-band spats

Why Weiland had to do this publicly is beyond me, but this band needs to just die now
guns_n_motley
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »

thats the problem with supergroups....youve got Weiland who thinks hes a grunge-god because he fronted STP...and Sorum thinks hes amazing cause he was a hired gun in some big bands...heads clash...

theres no album sales/crowds in touring to make it worth it(like other bands)
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2008, 10:50:12 PM »

thats the problem with supergroups....youve got Weiland who thinks hes a grunge-god because he fronted STP...and Sorum thinks hes amazing cause he was a hired gun in some big bands...heads clash...

sorum has some nerve. he owes his life to guns n roses. when i heard what he said on BTM, i was like , you gotta be kidding me, man! what a douche.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2008, 07:00:49 AM »

sorum has some nerve. he owes his life to guns n roses. when i heard what he said on BTM, i was like , you gotta be kidding me, man! what a douche.

You make it seem like he was anti GNR anti Axl , Sorum isn't being an ass when he was making that comment it's just more of a natural thing something he was thinking. Really if GN'R back in 89-90 asked you to be in their band the last thing you where thinking of doing was epic piano songs.
overmatik
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2008, 01:26:47 PM »

Supergoups doen't get together by the pleasure of playing, but for commercial purposes, that's why they always fail...
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2008, 02:44:36 AM »

I'm sorry but could someone catch me up? This is the 1st I've heard about this. What did Matt say to begin with?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2008, 02:52:01 AM »

I'm sorry but could someone catch me up? This is the 1st I've heard about this. What did Matt say to begin with?

peace

Try this: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51139.0

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2008, 03:40:51 AM »

Supergoups doen't get together by the pleasure of playing, but for commercial purposes, that's why they always fail...

Once, again, I'll say it...I hate the term "supergroup".  What you said is bullshit.  Bands end.  People move on and do other things.  There's no commercial purpose about it.  Are you kidding?  This is what they do.  This is their living.  Ok?  They move on and do something else.  What do you expect musicians to do?     
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2008, 03:46:41 AM »

Crosby, Stills & Nash are a "super group" that has been around for 40 years.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #289 on: March 28, 2008, 03:49:53 AM »

Crosby, Stills & Nash are a "super group" that has been around for 40 years.

But those guys were built on hippie ideals and good music.

It's even better when Young jumps into the mix.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #290 on: March 28, 2008, 07:49:52 AM »

I don't really get all the hate for Matt. Sure the guy can be a tool, but he seems to be the most laidback and level-headed about this. He was just like "yeah, we're having some issues, but it's only rock n roll".

Then you get Scott having a big hissy fit whinge like a teenager blogging on myspace or something...

I know who's side I pick.

I just hope out of all this Slash, Duff and Matt stick it out together. I still believe they've got some good music left in them.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #291 on: March 28, 2008, 07:54:04 AM »

Love him or hate him but Sorum is livin the dream  beer beer beer
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #292 on: March 28, 2008, 09:23:45 AM »

why does everyone seem to wana pick a side on this? you werent there, you dont know any of the members personally, so how can you pick a side? its always the same, its the same with gnr too, its either, "axl's an asshole, i love slash" or "slash is an asshole i love axl" now its just the same thing but with vr "scott's an asshole, i love matt" or "matt's an asshole but so is scott" or whatever the fuck it is, how do you know? they both have their own side to the story, and i'm sure both sides have an element of truth, but then again what do i know
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #293 on: March 28, 2008, 09:29:26 AM »

why does everyone seem to wana pick a side on this? you werent there, you dont know any of the members personally, so how can you pick a side? its always the same, its the same with gnr too, its either, "axl's an asshole, i love slash" or "slash is an asshole i love axl" now its just the same thing but with vr "scott's an asshole, i love matt" or "matt's an asshole but so is scott" or whatever the fuck it is, how do you know? they both have their own side to the story, and i'm sure both sides have an element of truth, but then again what do i know

Great post!  It is very hard not to lean a certain direction.  You are right, we don't know the truth.  But Scott put himself in this position with his stupid rant.  So I don't know.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #294 on: March 28, 2008, 06:12:46 PM »

POLL: WHO?S TO BLAME FOR THE CURRENT VELVET REVOLVER DRAMA?
Thursday, March 27th, 2008 at 11:10am by Vince Neilstein

It?s been quite a shit-storm in the media lately for Velvet Revolver. First Scott Weiland declared on-stage during a show that ?You?re watching something special? the last tour by Velvet Revolver,? catching his band-mates off-guard. Matt Sorum then took a thinly-veiled swipe at Weiland, Weiland retorted, and Slash came back with his usual, ?let?s all just play rock n? roll, dude!? rhetoric.

It would seem that a breakup is inevitable whatwith all this crap and the Stone Temple Pilot?s reunion, though Slash insists he?s looking forward to the next record. So whose fault is it?

Who?s to blame for the current Velvet Revolver drama?

* Weiland ? that egomaniac has lead singer?s disease
    * Matt Sorum ? he should stick to fashion design
    * Slash ? he should get real and realize this band is done
    * Who gives a shit about this band?

The vote: http://www.metalsucks.net/?p=4863

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: