Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland Fires Back At Sorum: 'Ego And Jealousy Can Get The Better Of Anyone'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland Fires Back At Sorum: 'Ego And Jealousy Can Get The Better Of Anyone'  (Read 56883 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 21, 2008, 11:35:53 PM »

SCOTT WEILAND Fires Back At MATT SORUM: 'Ego And Jealousy Can Get The Better Of Anyone' - Mar. 21, 2008

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Responding to our drummer's [Matt Sorum] rant about why the band is in a state of flux:

"Well, first of all, the state of my family affairs is really none of his business, since he is too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children. So don't attempt to stand in a man's shoes when you haven't walked his path. Secondly, 'keeping rock 'n' roll alive?' I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the likes of you. Funny though ? this is your FIRST band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system. I have only cancelled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve... Volley! You cancelled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why? we'll just let Blabbermouth find out for themselves.

"As for our fans ? I will sweat, bruise, and bleed for you. And will continue to do so until the end of this tour. However, you deserve to hear VELVET REVOLVER playing? not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid ? could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place. It's a shame? we were a gang. But ego and jealousy can get the better of anyone. I wish the best and plan to annihilate the stage in the last few shows.

"On a separate note, we did an STP [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS] photo shoot before this tour and it was fun, inspiring and it gave me that thrill ? that feeling that got my rocks off from the get-go."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=93414
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:42:38 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GeraldFord
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 11:40:42 PM »

SCOTT WEILAND Fires Back At MATT SORUM: 'Ego And Jealousy Can Get The Better Of Anyone' - Mar. 21, 2008

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Responding to our drummer's [Matt Sorum] rant about why the band is in a state of flux:

"Well, first of all, the state of my family affairs is really none of his business, since he is too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children. So don't attempt to stand in a man's shoes when you haven't walked his path. Secondly, 'keeping rock 'n' roll alive?' I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the likes of you. Funny though ? this is your FIRST band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system. I have only cancelled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve... Volley! You cancelled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why? we'll just let Blabbermouth find out for themselves.

"As for our fans ? I will sweat, bruise, and bleed for you. And will continue to do so until the end of this tour. However, you deserve to hear VELVET REVOLVER playing? not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid ? could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place. It's a shame? we were a gang. But ego and jealousy can get the better of anyone. I wish the best and plan to annihilate the stage in the last few shows.

"On a separate note, we did an STP [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS] photo shoot before this tour and it was fun, inspiring and it gave me that thrill ? that feeling that got my rocks off from the get-go."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=93414

I can understand Weiland feeling angry or whatever...but he should count to ten before he posts something like that...What if the STP reunion falls apart? He doesn't want to burn all his bridges...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 11:42:16 PM »

Weilands a deucher.

they shoulda never had him as VR's singer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 11:47:28 PM »

Sooooooo....does anyone here still worship him?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 12:05:30 AM »

This is getting really entertaining.. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 12:11:25 AM »

Matt went to rehab too while pointing fingers at Scott?

Matt "Keep the Rock alive" Sorum?

Quote from: Matt Sorum
The TRUTH Rock On!!!!!!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 12:15:13 AM »

Matt went to rehab too while pointing fingers at Scott?

I know he went sometime back in 06, not sure about any other recent stints.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 12:18:12 AM »

Quote from: Scott
I have only cancelled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve... Volley! You cancelled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why? we'll just let Blabbermouth find out for themselves.

I know he went sometime back in 06, not sure about any other recent stints.

See above.

That tour was supposed to happen in late 2007 right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 12:34:30 AM »

/jarmo

Ya, I think so.

Can't wait for Sorum's response, he's never been shy about his own "issues" so I'm sure we'll
get some kind of clarification.

This back and forth shit is just hysterical, nothing like washing the dirty laundry in public for all to see.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 12:36:29 AM »

/jarmo

Ya, I think so.

Can't wait for Sorum's response, he's never been shy about his own "issues" so I'm sure we'll

This back and forth shit is just hysterical, nothing like washing the dirty laundry in public for all to see.

Kinda sad actually.  Weiland can never keep his laundry in his dryer, and for some reason he uses the media to attack people.  At least Matt was somewhat civil about it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 12:38:00 AM »

/jarmo

Ya, I think so.

Well assuming what Scott said is true, Matt already kept his fans in the dark while talking about Scott's rehab stint.

So obviously for a guy who uses the phrase "The TRUTH Rock On!!!!!!" in his blog posting, he might wanna check out the meaning of the word truth before responding.....

/jarmo

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 12:41:33 AM »

/jarmo

Ya, I think so.

Well assuming what Scott said is true, Matt already kept his fans in the dark while talking about Scott's rehab stint.

So obviously for a guy who uses the phrase "The TRUTH Rock On!!!!!!" in his blog posting, he might wanna check out the meaning of the word truth before responding.....

/jarmo

Well, time and time again, it's been proven that those guys only see/say what they want to remember ONLY.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 12:52:27 AM »

/jarmo

Ya, I think so.

/jarmo

Kinda tough to assume anything at this point or lay blame I suppose.  

If Sorum chose to keep an alleged rehab stint private that's his business, Weiland's was public knowledge and was really never pointed to in Matt's blog.

Personally, I think Scott jumped the gun and should have thought before he typed.

this isn't the first time that's happened... yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 12:53:10 AM »

Shit this is better then watching Day time soaps.

Oh, yeah fuck Matt Sorum.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 12:58:41 AM »

If Sorum chose to keep an alleged rehab stint private that's his business, Weiland's was public knowledge and was really never pointed to in Matt's blog.

He mentioned the cancellations and everybody knows that Scott being in rehab was the reason for the latest cancellation.

So it's not that far fetched to understand why Scott feels like the previous cancellation was also blamed on him by Matt......

Does this refer to Matt singing over Scott's parts?

However, you deserve to hear VELVET REVOLVER playing? not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid ? could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place.

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 12:58:55 AM »

I'm interested to see where this goes , what will Sorum say? Are they gonna play more shows. I can just imagine what Slash and Duff are thinking  rofl

He mentioned the cancellations and everybody knows that Scott being in rehab was the reason for the latest cancellation.

So it's not that far fetched to understand why Scott feels like the previous cancellation was also blamed on him by Matt......

However, you deserve to hear VELVET REVOLVER playing? not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid ? could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place.

/jarmo

I think he is talking about the one show where Paris Hilton messed around with them as did the guy from Whitestar , Duff sang its so easy and Matt did Patience.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 01:00:51 AM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 01:03:37 AM »

I think that's exactly what Scott is infering.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 01:08:06 AM »

It's no secret that Scott and Matt have issues with eachother, but this is just silly. rofl

They're two grown men, is it so hard to speak face to face?

I think the most interesting part will be seeing these two on stage together for the remaining VR shows.
I bet the tension will be so thick in the air you could cut it with a knife! Shocked hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 01:09:05 AM »

I think he is talking about the one show where Paris Hilton messed around with them as did the guy from Whitestar , Duff sang its so easy and Matt did Patience.

But he's talking about picking up a guitar and soloing over Slash's playing. Not playing Slash's stuff when Slash isn't there...

It sounds like he thinks Matt is singing over his vocals so that people can't hear him, they hear Matt singing instead.

/jarmo

RTK
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 01:20:57 AM »

That could also be the reason why Scott apparently was arguing with the sound guy after singing fall to pieces.  Maybe demanding to have matt's mic volume lowerred.

Its funny how VR has almost paralleled Audioslave. They were both around for about 4-5 years, one had 2 albums the other 3, lead singer gets fed up and wants it to end, theres a reunion with one of the original bands....

But this raises the question of what the band will do about their 3 album record deal, I don't know if a greatest hits album is a possibility with only 2 albums of material.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: