Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Responds to EW About Break Up
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Responds to EW About Break Up  (Read 33869 times)
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: April 02, 2008, 10:38:33 AM »

Taken from http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/04/velvet-revolver.html

After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious "GUITAR HERO," Saul Hudson, a.k.a Slash, I find it humorous that the so called four "founding members" of Velvet Revolver, better known to themselves as "the Project" before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow.  In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment, I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth.  The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun... at times, but let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member, no need to mention his name).  Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back.  This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow band mates in STP and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang.

p.s. don't be fooled by veiled trickery

p.p.s good hunting lads, I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice.

-= iZzbO =-
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:40:09 AM »

There's not alot to disagree with there. And that's coming from a person who is in no way shape or form a Weiland fan.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »

what a prick.....haha,, yes, BAck would be a fantastic choice...he'd blow your vocals out of the water any day.

Axl is God.
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 10:46:55 AM »

There's not alot to disagree with there. And that's coming from a person who is in no way shape or form a Weiland fan.

I agree with you 100%. If I were Scott, I would feel the same way although the jabs he takes in the p.p.s. part are a bit harsh.

-= IzzBo =-
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:48:30 AM by izzbo » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 10:47:43 AM »

2nd p.s... Scott on its best. lol

Such a shame he doesn?t even address the fans who were with him till this day. He just moved on, but you can?t forget the people that support you.

I also agree that Slash?s excuse of "erratic behaviour" of Scott, when he never failed a show in his life is really shameless...

Well... good luck with STP Scott... I?m sure you?ll enjoy yourself much more and maybe even got bigger audiences thus more money! hehe

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 10:51:03 AM »

that sebastian reference made me laugh... ahah besides to the best of our knowledge baz doesn't even care for VR anymore.

VR are goin to have a hard time finding a proper replacement and still be relevant in the music Scene...

Good thing STP are goin on a good tour this summer Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
madagas
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:51:18 AM »

too funny.....the simple fact of the matter is I don't like Weiland in any capacity and in all honesty, outside of a few fleeting moments, I don't like anything Slash has done outside of Gnr. No big loss for me.  no
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:53:21 AM by madagas » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »

didnt take long for a reply, Scottie, huh?

and your STP members "always had your back" ??  hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 10:51:49 AM »

Pretty much agree with the guy, the statement released by slash just seem to be written out of spite where he really should've taken the high road.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 10:51:52 AM »

Yup, there's that "professionalism" he's gone on about lately.

What a putz.....

The fact of the matter is, while it looks like there is more than enough blame to go around, Scott needs to shoulder some of the responsibility for this.

It also makes me wonder just how long until that "group of friends [he has] known [his] entire life, people who have always had [his] back" once again get tired of his prima donna, drug addled bullshit and want out AGAIN.

Both "groups" (Weiland and the Ex-Gunners) seem to have a reoccuring theme following them through their professional lives.  Must be karma, or something....
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:55:56 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »

I also am not a supporter of Scott... but he is right in what he said there.

First he already didn't want to be part of it, he left. So why the rest pretends he was fired or something.

Second, in that statement by VR, especially Guitar Hero media whore Slash, they were stabbing Scott in the back. There were problems on many levels, by everyone, yet they blamed just Scott. No mention of the others going to rehab and canceling shows because of that.. Slash will probably also blame Scott for his own mediocre songwriting in VR, roflcopter.

Third, don't believe the bull coming now from VR, they are in it for teh moneh... the hunting part suggests that too  peace

Well done Scott, finally you showed you are not like those other posers, just for once, looking forward to hearing STP, which is your place  ok

This signature is very funny.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 11:00:49 AM »

Same statement...just a little background:

Surprisingly, an entire night passed without Weiland responding ? but really, it wasn't a question of if he would issue his own retort, but when. In an e-mail sent exclusively to MTV News Wednesday morning, Weiland fired back at his erstwhile bandmates, and pulled no punches in his attack of the Revolver.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1584615/20080402/velvet_revolver.jhtml

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »

at least he's honnest about the whole situation.
soon friend with another singer who shared the same difficulties with the guys and now the same management ? a duet ?  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 11:06:04 AM »

The gratuitous cheap shot at Baz was unnecessary and totally uncalled for.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »

I also am not a supporter of Scott... but he is right in what he said there.

First he already didn't want to be part of it, he left. So why the rest pretends he was fired or something.

Scott seemed to have taken it upon himself to "disband" VR.....their "firing" him isn't, IMHO, the "you can't quit because you're fired" route.  It's the "you can't disband the BAND...we're still VR whether you're here or not" route.  THAT'S why they did it.  And in reading the initial PR, it doesn't say that they FIRED him.  It says they're parting ways....not who initiated the parting.  Slash's explanation could be seen just as much as reasoning for Scott LEAVING as it could be an explanation for them "firing" him.

Second, in that statement by VR, especially Guitar Hero media whore Slash, they were stabbing Scott in the back. There were problems on many levels, by everyone, yet they blamed just Scott. No mention of the others going to rehab and canceling shows because of that.. Slash will probably also blame Scott for his own mediocre songwriting in VR, roflcopter.

I don't disagree.  But lets face it....Scott has done his share of backstabbing, back biting, and end arounding here, too.  I said it in a previous post: There's more than enough blame to go around....and Scott is playing the "blame game" just as much as anyone else is, here, right?

Third, don't believe the bull coming now from VR, they are in it for teh moneh... the hunting part suggests that too  peace

Well done Scott, finally you showed you are not like those other posers, just for once, looking forward to hearing STP, which is your place  ok

Whatever their motivation is...money, artistic inspiration, whatever......I don't see any reason they shouldn't do what's best for their band...which is to distance themselves from Wieland.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 11:11:01 AM »

The gratuitous cheap shot at Baz was unnecessary and totally uncalled for.

I agree, 100%.

There's no reason to involve Baz in the discussion, just like there's no reason to involve any of the other former candidates for the lead singer position.  To single out Baz, who's had a pretty damn successful career, is just piss poor, IMHO.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:21:39 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 11:16:44 AM »

On Vh1:

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1584615/20080402/velvet_revolver.jhtml

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 11:17:30 AM »

didnt take long for a reply, Scottie, huh?

and your STP members "always had your back" ??  hihi

It took a little longer for him to reply than I expected knowing his hot temper. From what I've heard he had a lot of times when he didn't get along with STP but he's talking about them like they were his best friends in the world. What I think is that Scott has a lot of personality probs because of his bi-polar disorder. I'm not putting him down for this as it is a really serious ligitimate problem. But by Scott's own admission he does not take his meds and he really should. I think that poor Scott will have problems getting along with anyone for very long not just his VR bandmates. Now about Slash, I think he just should have stayed mum a while longer, at least until the dust settles. I really hope that there is some chance in hell that everyone can chill out and shut the hell up for a while and then get together and talk rationally and keep Scott in VR but I know that I'm hoping for too much there. As for Sebastian Bach, he seems pretty tempermental in his own way so he might not be the way to go either.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
GeraldFord
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 11:20:44 AM »

Taken from http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/04/velvet-revolver.html

After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious "GUITAR HERO," Saul Hudson, a.k.a Slash, I find it humorous that the so called four "founding members" of Velvet Revolver, better known to themselves as "the Project" before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow.  In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment, I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth.  The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun... at times, but let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member, no need to mention his name).  Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back.  This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow band mates in STP and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang.

p.s. don't be fooled by veiled trickery

p.p.s good hunting lads, I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice.

-= iZzbO =-

We weren't there, only these four know what what down...

Good luck to VR and Weiland...

and the illustrious "GUITAR HERO," Saul Hudson, a.k.a Slash,

Didn't Weiland once say that Slash was the best lead guitar player he had ever heard?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:25:56 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »

Sebatian bach: " Velvet who?" peace
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: