Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:09:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New Weiland Interview In RollingStone
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Weiland Interview In RollingStone  (Read 10667 times)
McDuff
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 09:18:03 PM »

And everyone is always coming down on VR, claiming they did it for the money, which I don't believe.

You don't think money is an influence on their decisions?

Slash has admitted that they canceled several European shows because they weren't making money on them and that he moved the (guitar) recording sessions for Contraband to a smaller cheaper studio to save money.

Those are just two examples...

/jarm

yeah well all bands are in it for the money,I can't believe some people don't believe that,anyone who thinks otherwise is just lying to theirselves. smoking
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 09:47:05 PM »

And everyone is always coming down on VR, claiming they did it for the money, which I don't believe.

You don't think money is an influence on their decisions?

Slash has admitted that they canceled several European shows because they weren't making money on them and that he moved the (guitar) recording sessions for Contraband to a smaller cheaper studio to save money.

Those are just two examples...

/jarm

yeah well all bands are in it for the money,I can't believe some people don't believe that,anyone who thinks otherwise is just lying to theirselves. smoking

Sure oh sure, music is their job, ofcourse they want to get the best deals and make more money, who wouldnt?

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »

Bands are a business, and when businesses fail, they dissolve. I never really got into STP before, but I have been listening a lot more lately.

Quote from Weiland:

We understand that we have a lot of fans that were into heavy metal, but it was absolutely not what we were. ]/i]

I for one am looking forward to what they have to offer. This next album might tank, but I think, after reading that, it might be memorable.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 02:10:36 AM »

Scott seems kind of hung up on money issues these days.  He said some things in previous interviews that made me think he wasn't OK with the VR money split.  He felt like writing lyrics and melody was more than 1/5 of a song and he's probably right.

Just remember:  when these band splits happen, money is always part of the issue.

How much medly did he write; I thought the music was done for the first release and he added the lyrics.

I'm referring to the lyrical melody.  Listen to a song without the lyrics sometime and you'll see how much of an important aspect that is.

OK, I'll do that, thanks.  Mike

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 09:10:21 AM »

Scott is in the new Entertainment Weekly-he seems to be mellowing about things a little bit with each interview, as opposed to the e-mail he sent to MTV when this first happened-he basically says in EW that he just did not get along with Matt, after he talked with Slash about the STP thing everyone stopped talking to him-he was willing to do the third album-he again feels strongly that they should reform original GNR again, basically the same stuff he said here-I think it's cool that he's still at least proud of the music they made, if anything-especially the second album-he could come out and say he wasn't into making it, he didn't like the music, but to say he's proud of an album that basically didn't sell well is pretty cool I think

libertad
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 10:38:48 AM »

I appreciate Scott's attitude.  He seems to be genuine in these last couple interviews.  I've always liked STP although there last 2 albums were not nearly as good as their first 3.  And I know that I'm in the minority, but I liked Libertad more than Contraband.  I'm looking forward to the new STP record.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 07:18:23 AM »

I thought this was funny...

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/stone-temple-pilots-bring-kimmel-some-vaseline-tri_009528.html#more

Slash and I were usually the ones who talked to each other first about things, then we'd go to the rest of the guys. And, unfortunately because of certain people's egos, it ? I walked into a situation where there was a lot of baggage. I had a lot of baggage walking into my situation. I was in a band where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns n' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault.

It's like, why does it always have to be the lead singer. Matt Sorum in front of my face, he was the sweetest guy in the world. But there were some times, out of the blue, the guy just randomly hated me. We all carried our own baggage in that band. In a sense, that's why people were intrigued, you know, especially for the first couple of years. Because they were kind of waiting on the trainwreck to happen. They just thought it would happen a lot sooner.

Route66
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 07:27:21 AM »

Weiland should probably just shut the fuck up. I liked him and i feel for him in this situation but he has to learn to just be quiet. People will have more respect for him if he doesnt shoot his mouth off in random directions about things he doesnt understand.

I see..
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 08:03:07 AM »

Well, I kind of agree with Scott on this one. I mean, why does it always have to be the lead singer's fault?

I never believed that everything that went wrong with the old line up and made the band split up was Axl's fault. Why does Axl have to be the bad guy and the others saints that did nothing wrong? I think that both parts have their own share of fault when it comes to the reasons why they went separate ways. And the same I'd say about the departure of Scott's on VR.

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 08:14:37 AM »

as the saying goes,
and it applies in this situation

it takes two to tango

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 11:52:15 PM »

Sorry, I'm like two months behind here.

So, I turns out that Axl isn't the villian he's made out to be. Not a surprise. Shit, Slash went through two different versions of Snakepit on his own.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: