Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:40:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?  (Read 80898 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2008, 05:52:35 PM »

Something to consider here is that Best Buy has just over 1000 locations in the US and Wal-Mart has about 3800, certainly something to worry about

Best Buy would have to come up with a hell of a sales pitch to beat out Wal-Mart here, I would rather it goes to Best Buy but I think it will be hard for them to beat Wal-Mart if Wal-Mart really wants the deal

I wonder if Target will get into the mix.  They have more stores than Best Buy but don't have the negative image and parental advisory concerns of Wal-Mart
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:56:25 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #361 on: August 29, 2008, 07:27:33 PM »

Something to consider here is that Best Buy has just over 1000 locations in the US and Wal-Mart has about 3800, certainly something to worry about

Best Buy would have to come up with a hell of a sales pitch to beat out Wal-Mart here, I would rather it goes to Best Buy but I think it will be hard for them to beat Wal-Mart if Wal-Mart really wants the deal

I wonder if Target will get into the mix.  They have more stores than Best Buy but don't have the negative image and parental advisory concerns of Wal-Mart
How many Target's are there?  That's where I usually buy my CD's, with my Target Card.  They give you the $9.99 opening week deal, can't beat that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2008, 08:47:42 PM »

How many Target's are there?  That's where I usually buy my CD's, with my Target Card.  They give you the $9.99 opening week deal, can't beat that.

Best Buy usually gives those deals too, though it's not set at 9.99.  It often is, but if the CD was $16 to begin with, it might only drop to 11 or 13.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2008, 09:50:35 PM »

About 1600 regular ones plus about 200 "superstores"

Still not close to Wal-Mart but more than Best Buy, with a less specialized group of customers

No telling whether or not it'll happen but I wonder if it'll be discussed, it seems like it could be a good option assuming Target was interested
Rusmurf
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #364 on: August 30, 2008, 10:02:49 AM »

Depends where your located, Best Buys are alot more accessable in urban areas.  I'd be disappointed if it was Walmart exclusive. I guess if the money is too much to pass up. Whatever chain gets it, probably uses it as a lost leader.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #365 on: August 30, 2008, 01:56:22 PM »

I live two minutes away from a Best Buy and a Walmart almost right next to each other so it will be a quick trip for me  beer

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #366 on: August 30, 2008, 02:11:40 PM »

I live two minutes away from a Best Buy and a Walmart almost right next to each other so it will be a quick trip for me  beer
Yeah, I've got all three (Target too) within a stone's throw.  Well maybe not THAT close, but either one will work for me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: September 01, 2008, 07:13:28 PM »

Well in Ireland we don't have Best Buy, Walmart or Target...I'm hoping its just gonna be in the music shop. I wouldn't just download this album from iTunes either. I want the whole package, CD and case etc. something to hold in your hand!!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #368 on: September 01, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »

I don't know how legit the source is, but this was posted early this morning at, http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/.  This has been pretty much speculated every year the last 3 years, the release date being around T-giving that is.

I hear that the deal with Best Buy is 99% done.

The plan is for Best Buy to have an exclusive on Chinese Democracy, which will be released the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #369 on: September 01, 2008, 10:57:31 PM »

I don't know how legit the source is, but this was posted early this morning at, http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/.  This has been pretty much speculated every year the last 3 years, the release date being around T-giving that is.

I hear that the deal with Best Buy is 99% done.

The plan is for Best Buy to have an exclusive on Chinese Democracy, which will be released the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

OMG !!! this could be it !!! is it true ? Mysteron ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #370 on: September 01, 2008, 11:11:27 PM »

Is that the site thats been up for a while through Dr. Pepper, or just some random Blogspot site?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #371 on: September 01, 2008, 11:13:56 PM »

Is that the site thats been up for a while through Dr. Pepper, or just some random Blogspot site?
It looks like the one from Dr. Pepper.  I'm not sure though.  I don't think it is though, it's got blog entries from 2007, and Dr. Pepper wasn't in the picture back then.

Yeah it's different.  This is the one from Dr. Pepper.
http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com/

They do look quite similar though
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:18:21 PM by faldor » Logged

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #372 on: September 01, 2008, 11:17:59 PM »

It's NOT Dr. Peppers website, its just some random blog spot.  I researced the old news archives and went to the Dr. Pepper Blog which is still up and running.  Don't know if I trust this source or not...
ben9785
« Reply #373 on: September 01, 2008, 11:19:25 PM »

Interesting.. Not too sure about how reliable that blog is though.. I know it's been around for a while, but dunno who runs it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #374 on: September 01, 2008, 11:22:36 PM »

Interesting.. Not too sure about how reliable that blog is though.. I know it's been around for a while, but dunno who runs it.
Yeah I don't know either.  I forget where I came across the site.  Like I said though, it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to come up with the pre T-giving release, Best Buy theory.  Those ideas are already out there.  So while it may seem believable, that's probably why.  Hopefully though.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #375 on: September 01, 2008, 11:26:16 PM »

Do the other stories on the blog look legit?  If so, then maybe its true.  Someone should try e-mailing the guy!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #376 on: September 01, 2008, 11:38:57 PM »

It's tough to tell.  It's not a site filled with predictions.  They basically take from other news sites.  They did run a story last September that the album would be released in December 2007 and the first single would be Catcher In The Rye.  They got that from Blabbermouth.  But this latest blurb doesn't give a source.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #377 on: September 01, 2008, 11:40:14 PM »

Errrrrrrr....as much as I want this to be true, it doesn't sound too credible.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #378 on: September 01, 2008, 11:49:39 PM »

Errrrrrrr....as much as I want this to be true, it doesn't sound too credible.
Yeah I hear you.  You'd think if the story had some legs it would've picked up some steam during the day.  It was posted early this morning, and I just noticed it.  But here's to hoping it is true!

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #379 on: September 02, 2008, 12:04:08 AM »

Well we will half to wait and see its Sept so I mean if it comes out in Nov this is the time where the promotion starts.  I mean we have Shacklers Revenge in Rockband 2 what does that tell ya.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: