Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:41:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Wal-Mart
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wal-Mart  (Read 24472 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »

Fear not, the Eagles album was also available for sale on their official website.  So even if this deal goes through you will probably be able to buy the album online somehow

I would prefer if they go exclusive they did it through Best Buy but I'd still buy it at Wal-Mart, as long as it wasn't edited.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »

I have a feeling whoever criticized Wal*Mart is going to disappear in the middle of the night.

Hey Mr. Walton, I know by not shopping at Wal*Mart, I won't be hurting them and causing them to file for bankruptcy protection.

But knowing that I don't support evil corporations allows me to know that I am not a part of the problem.

Thank you.

Your welcome basket is in the reception area.
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2008, 11:25:33 PM »

I have a feeling whoever criticized Wal*Mart is going to disappear in the middle of the night.

Hey Mr. Walton, I know by not shopping at Wal*Mart, I won't be hurting them and causing them to file for bankruptcy protection.

But knowing that I don't support evil corporations allows me to know that I am not a part of the problem.

Thank you.

haha I wonder what internet service provider you use, what cell phone company you are registered with, do you buy gasoline, where do you buy your groceries...farmers markets?  What computer do you use?  Have you ever bought a CD?

Wow you just got owned, change your name, thats embarassing.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2008, 11:34:50 PM »

Thank you.

haha I wonder what internet service provider you use, what cell phone company you are registered with, do you buy gasoline, where do you buy your groceries...farmers markets?  What computer do you use?  Have you ever bought a CD?

Wow you just got owned, change your name, thats embarassing.

They aren't human rights violators like your company.

Your Harvard degree couldn't teach you how to spell embarrassing.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 11:36:41 PM »

http://walmartwatch.com/issues/supplier_relationships/
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2008, 11:38:05 PM »

http://ihscslnews.org/view_article.php?id=44
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2008, 11:40:08 PM »

And ive posted on this board for awhile, got bored several years ago with the waiting game, but come back to read from time to time.  I no longer remember the email address my original account was listed under nor do I remember my password.  I can jump in on other debates, but ive had them before.  This one was particularly fun because it was a bunch of uneducated jealous idiots bashing a company for being successful.   This is why there is no link to a Walmart sweatshop, this is why you acknowledge 90% of Walmart employees have health insurance, because you had some 7th grade history teacher tell you you should hate Walmart and you bought into it.  

Again, no company is perfect and every company has weak links.  Walmart like any company that employs 2 million people will have some bad people at all levels, but for the most part it really cares about its employees and goes the extra mile for them and their safety.

We can talk about the workers comp article if you want where you criticize Walmart for doing what its legally required to by law.  Under corporate law a corporation has a fiscal duty to its shareholds to act reasonably.  A woman was injured at a Walmart by a third party, under workers comp law she was paid about 1 million by walmart.  Then that same woman sued the third party and won.  She then went on to spend all but about 1/2 a million dollars.  Since 1/2 of her third party settlement of about 2 mil was for medical fees that workers comp already covered, Walmart like any responsible company sued for the workers comp money back.  You cannot double dip.  You cannot get money from workers comp and a third party for the same accident, its called double dipping.  It was an open and shut case and Walmart won.  Walmart actually asked for less than it was entitled to.   Any company would have done the same.  It was 600k that they had a responsibility to collect on, the woman got screwed over by her attorneys that was the problem.  Its just one of many times when Walmart did what was right and what it was supposed to do and it got twisted because of other people.
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2008, 11:42:27 PM »

haha i read news from credible sources, those links are to sites with known virus's.  Haha supplier relationship, CNN did a study recently which showed the exact same goods are located on Targets shelves as are on Walmarts or Krogers.  They all get them from the same places.  haha why wont you answer where you buy oil from and ill tell you what kind of human rights violations the country that drilled the oil committed.  You just got owned, I thought I told you to change your name.  Youre a fool who has to resort to criticizing spelling on a message board.  Wow, I believe the Justin Timberlake forums are located on another page sucka.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »

We're not talking about countries, although I can see how you wouldn't know the difference between a corporation and a country.

You won't acknowledge that your company practices are beyond questionable, now why don't you go disappear for a few more years, "sucka?"

You probably didn't even read those pages.

Credible like what, Fox News?
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2008, 11:59:10 PM »

haha the only place i quoted was CNN and foxnews is a hell of a lot more credible than any site written by some 12 year old in his basement.  Also there is no difference between country and company when it comes to OPEC since the countries run the oil that comes out of their countries.  Wow, owned, change your name, you cant compete.  OPEC countries operate like companies look at countries like Venezuala where the government controls the oil.  Walmart doesnt own a sweatshop it doesnt manufacture goods, your own links admit this and attack the supplier...oil companies get their supplies from OPEC countries that kill women for affairs, cut off hands for being accused of stealing and murder people for being gay.  Thats a lot worse than buying from a company that has a chinese factory that exploits workers.  Still you buy oil and dont shop at Walmart...why? Because youre a hypocrite
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2008, 12:05:18 AM »

Valero violates human rights?  What?  Last I checked, they get all their oil from North America.  I hardly feel I need to justify my actions for you, but since you kept bringing oil up, I thought I would humor you.

Change your name- is that what the cool people say nowadays?
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2008, 12:11:32 AM »

Oh, and can people stop calling it Wal-Mart, its now Walmart, because like any good company should, it changes and adapts.  It doesnt matter how low the prices are, people choose to shop there.  If your community really doesnt want walmart there dont shop there and it will close.  Walmart also doesnt usually try to lease their old stores, they become darkstores where Walmart keeps all of its old store manager recaps and other reports etc... The closed stores also make your community property taxes.   So be happy.  Again, Walmart doesnt specialize, any store that wants can sell a much more wide variety of a specific good than Walmart.  Walmart donates millions to charity and how about posting articles on which trucks were the first to bring aid to Katrina victims?  You wont because they were Walmart trucks, not federal government trucks, not national guard, but Walmart trucks sending aid.  Walmart just doesnt plaster all of its good deeds on millions of billboards because theyd rather spend their money helping people and keeping their prices low, which is why Walmart has the lowest markup on goods of any major retailer.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2008, 12:12:22 AM »

not sure if you guys heard but AC/DC's new album will be a wal-mart exclusive
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2008, 12:15:02 AM »

Valero violates human rights?  What?  Last I checked, they get all their oil from North America.  I hardly feel I need to justify my actions for you, but since you kept bringing oil up, I thought I would humor you.

Change your name- is that what the cool people say nowadays?

Haha so you only show at Valero stations...hmm...that seems impractical, but im glad you chose them, because despite being known to have had giant explosions at their ill-kept refineries, they also get much of their money from joint ventures with Exxon which by the way gets its oil from OPEC nations...again, you lose and change your name, its too easy to beat you.  Go get your GED and then try to debate on a message board.
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »

oh and one more thing, although youve already been destroyed.  Valero's Road Runner stores also sell goods which are manufactured by the same suppliers Walmart uses...wow its too easy.  You lose...change your name this is awful, i feel sorry for you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2008, 12:18:08 AM »

I can't debate with someone who is blind to what his company does.  And unlike his favorite company, can't adapt and change his mind to the truth.  No other company has such a bad rep as Wal************Mart, and for good reason.

Good day.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2008, 12:25:39 AM »

oh and one more thing, although youve already been destroyed.  Valero's Road Runner stores also sell goods which are manufactured by the same suppliers Walmart uses...wow its too easy.  You lose...change your name this is awful, i feel sorry for you.

stop putting paint chips in your cereal.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2008, 12:27:30 AM »

again no fact and no reason.  Just another loser with an ultra liberal middle school teacher and blind hate.  All major corporations have bad apples or short comings, its the nature of business.  Unlike many companies though Walmart tried not to engage the haters in a debate because they knew it was absurd, after many years though they have finally gone on the offensive.  So be happy people, thanks to idiots like Frank Costanzas Festivus Pole, Walmart will have to raise some prices in order to pay lobbyists and marketing reps to improve its image.  

paint chip joke...hilarious, wow Tommy Boy was a great movie, but it was over a decade ago, its time to let it go man.  Your jokes are stale, you suck, change your name.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2008, 12:31:08 AM »

Sir, take your goddamn med or call the padded wagon to puck you ass up . then at lest you would be out of your mom's basement . then I can bang her out with out listen to you watch Barney .

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2008, 12:33:46 AM »

again no fact and no reason.  Just another loser with an ultra liberal middle school teacher and blind hate.  All major corporations have bad apples or short comings, its the nature of business.  Unlike many companies though Walmart tried not to engage the haters in a debate because they knew it was absurd, after many years though they have finally gone on the offensive.  So be happy people, thanks to idiots like Frank Costanzas Festivus Pole, Walmart will have to raise some prices in order to pay lobbyists and marketing reps to improve its image. 

paint chip joke...hilarious, wow Tommy Boy was a great movie, but it was over a decade ago, its time to let it go man.  Your jokes are stale, you suck, change your name.

Why improve your image with costly lawyers when you can use this guy?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: