Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:04:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Wal-Mart
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wal-Mart  (Read 24487 times)
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »

I love stock options.

"We want to help you give some of your paycheck back to us!"

It still sucks D.
What if the companies lets say are matching your stock input by a certain percentage, not that that is a Walmart option Tongue

Uhh...actually it is and Walmart does for all of its employees.  From the cart pusher to the CEO Walmart will match 15% of all stock its employees buy.  That is an amazing deal and considering you can buy pretty much everything at Walmart and employees get 10% off on all goods (except junk food), and all take part in a quarterly (for hourly) or yearly (for salaried) bonus, you can make quite a good life working at Walmart.  And no, I dont work at Walmart, but I do admire their capitalistic success.  Walmart actually has stopped expanding for the most part, they are now working pretty much exclusively on building up their current stores. 

As for the workers comp case...uhh, Walmart didnt injur the employee a 3rd party did.  They gave her the money to take care of her, and when she sued for damages against the 3rd party and won, she was legally obligated to pay back the money Walmart gave her.  Sue on paper?  Thats a new one...Im suing you, you owe us 1 million, but you dont have to give it back...What does a son dying in Iraq have to do with anything?  So her son died in Iraq so Walmart has to give her 1 million dollars?  Thats absurd.  Her situation is sad and unfortunate, but to fault Walmart which actually asked for about half of what they were owed, is just wrong.

Again if you dont like Walmart you must not shop at any retailer, because they have all copied Walmarts business plan.  You are criticizing a compnay that takes back pretty much any item for any reason, that gives more money to charity per dollar earned than pretty much any major corporation and 75% of all its hirings are promotions from within...its absurd.

Oh and its pretty easy to tell when someone uses a thesaurus...they use words with literal meanings that actually in context mean something else.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2008, 02:35:26 AM »

From the cart pusher to the CEO Walmart will match 15% of all stock its employees buy.

Though, I could be wrong, I call bullshit! It is probably more like 5% of earnings ... max! If your senario is correct, then I think that I will get a job there, and then invest most of my savings. See...

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2008, 01:01:47 PM »

I am in no way defending Walmart, but what is the difference between Home Depot coming to your town and putting mr mcdaniels hardware store out of business who  has serviced your town with all of your gardening needs for the last 40 years. You know the good ol local hometown family business. This is something that has been slowly happening over time, bigger chains take over eventually. I do understand that Walmart is somewhat different in their business stratagies and alot of us don't appreciate the route they have chosen , but for gods sake no one is making these people work for them. R the people who work for them sitting behind their cash register with a ball and chain around their ankles, not hardly.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2008, 02:32:25 PM »

I am in no way defending Walmart, but what is the difference between Home Depot coming to your town and putting mr mcdaniels hardware store out of business who  has serviced your town with all of your gardening needs for the last 40 years. You know the good ol local hometown family business. This is something that has been slowly happening over time, bigger chains take over eventually. I do understand that Walmart is somewhat different in their business stratagies and alot of us don't appreciate the route they have chosen , but for gods sake no one is making these people work for them. R the people who work for them sitting behind their cash register with a ball and chain around their ankles, not hardly.

Building supply stores are essential, whereas Wal-Marts really aren't.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »

Building supply stores are essential, whereas Wal-Marts really aren't.
I'm satisfied with that answer, your right the world could still get by without them, but, it does help alot of less fortunate or lower income families. Idk it all just seams like one big vicious circle, I have never really looked into the Walmart situation to closely, what I know is only what I have read or heard, never really chased facts, guess I don't know what I think. Huh Roll Eyes Undecided

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2008, 02:35:22 AM »

I am in no way defending Walmart, but what is the difference between Home Depot coming to your town and putting mr mcdaniels hardware store out of business who  has serviced your town with all of your gardening needs for the last 40 years. You know the good ol local hometown family business.

The difference is that it is happening in EVERY town in America.

R the people who work for them sitting behind their cash register with a ball and chain around their ankles, not hardly.
[/quote]

Nope, they are working for an industry that has destroyed "small town" America while making, right at, minimum wage. Want health care ... hahahaha.

You can get 120 of the most popular prescriptions available, and easiest to manufacture, for $10. but if you need something else ... FUCK YOU!!!

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2008, 10:14:20 AM »

I understand this just a little more now. Your kinda basically saying Walmart came in took away the smaller stores that offered better wages and benefits for it's employees, basically leaving them no other job options in their community in regards to retail so to speak.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: