Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 04:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 178735 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #500 on: August 29, 2008, 12:53:24 PM »

Looks like GNR now sees it like I do.  Go after the original source.  Kevin will walk.  I am now happy.

Kevin will not walk, the RIAA will see to that. He is going to get some hefty fines from this.

The RIAA gets no say.  It's a federal, CRIMINAL case.

The RIAA's lawyers have zero to do with it.

I know, I guess I shouldn't have combined 2 thoughts in one sentence lol. What I meant was he will get fines for sure from the criminal case and then the RIAA will definitely go after him in a civil case.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #501 on: August 29, 2008, 01:13:01 PM »

"I hope he rots in jail," said Slash, the former Guns N' Roses lead guitarist.

at least Axl & Slash are agree about this one hihi

not exactly.

"Presently, though we don't support this guy's actions at that level, our interest is in the original source. "

Guns N Roses

as cool as GNR.  Cool and no smoking I think that's from the start.
gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #502 on: August 29, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »

?As a result of illegally sharing tracks from the unreleased Guns N' Roses album ?Chinese Democracy?, Dr Pepper is officially excluding blogger Kevin Cogil from our promotion that has promised to deliver every American a free can of soda if the album arrives any time in 2008.   Like the rest of the world, Dr Pepper is anxiously awaiting new material from Axl, but a masterpiece like this should only be heard when fully complete, not as leaked, unfinished demos.  It?s like drinking Dr Pepper before all 23 flavors are added, it?s just wrong.  This decision means only three Americans will not receive a Dr Pepper - Kevin Cogil, Slash and Buckethead.   Sorry, guys.?

- Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper

/jarmo

Blahahahahahah now thats funny!!!

Im not an american, Im a mexican but will drink tequila qhen CD is released!!

GO Axl GO Axl!!

GET IN THE RING Kevin!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #503 on: August 29, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »

I know, I guess I shouldn't have combined 2 thoughts in one sentence lol. What I meant was he will get fines for sure from the criminal case and then the RIAA will definitely go after him in a civil case.

Possibly.  But there's an article kicking around this thread which illustrates why they might not.

Essentially, they can get a judgement....but they'll never be able to collect.  He doesn't have enough $$ or property to collect FROM.  So they'd be left paying legal costs with the prospective of getting several hundred dollars a year over a very long term.

They might not deem it worthwhile.  They MIGHT....but even so, they won't really get much from him.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #504 on: August 29, 2008, 01:37:12 PM »

Possibly.  But there's an article kicking around this thread which illustrates why they might not.

Essentially, they can get a judgement....but they'll never be able to collect.  He doesn't have enough $$ or property to collect FROM.  So they'd be left paying legal costs with the prospective of getting several hundred dollars a year over a very long term.

They might not deem it worthwhile.  They MIGHT....but even so, they won't really get much from him.

I don't think they'd ever expect to get paid from him.

But to do this to him and others would serve as a deterrent to others who given the same circumstances, may think twice about stealing/streaming/leaking unreleased material if they feel there is a chance they will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.....

For some reason people are comparing this to metallica and Napster but without acknowledging that GnR's material hasn't been released where metallica's was
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #505 on: August 29, 2008, 01:45:05 PM »

I don't think they'd ever expect to get paid from him.

But to do this to him and others would serve as a deterrent to others who given the same circumstances, may think twice about stealing/streaming/leaking unreleased material if they feel there is a chance they will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.....

Exactly! That's exactly why I think they will pursue a civil case once the criminal case is done. It's obvious by the fact that they went to the DA/FBI that they want to send a message to everyone that this type of stuff will no longer be tolerated. A civil case afterwords will just make it worse for kevin and more of a deterrent for everyone else.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #506 on: August 29, 2008, 01:46:33 PM »

Jesus Christ Jim Bob can't u give Slash any respect whatsoever? Why the hell would he say something to kiss anyone's ass? I'm sure he genuinely feels that way.

Don't worry, he isn't looking to put your boy out of a job, so u can relax.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #507 on: August 29, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »

Quote from: Slash
"I think if someone goes and steals something, it's theft."

Words of wisdom from Slash.

/jarmo

while he is right, it could just be ass kissing.    coming from someone whose bragged about all the stealing he's done.

yeah, when he was in middle school and high school; he's in his 40's now-hasn't just about every teenage shoplifted?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #508 on: August 29, 2008, 02:07:47 PM »

Jesus Christ Jim Bob can't u give Slash any respect whatsoever? Why the hell would he say something to kiss anyone's ass? I'm sure he genuinely feels that way.

Yeah I don't think GnR gives a shit what Slash has to say ! sounds like to me you can't get over the fact that MR. Robin Finck took your boys place.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #509 on: August 29, 2008, 02:10:48 PM »

for an ex-member who wasn't always tender with Axl and the new incarnation of the band,
it seems that Slash feels really concerned by the whole story.
I'm curious to know if there's a special reason...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #510 on: August 29, 2008, 02:11:17 PM »

Yeah I don't think GnR gives a shit what Slash has to say ! sounds like to me you can't get over the fact that MR. Robin Finck took your boys place.

Oh shit

I think Slash gave up a spot and it has taken 15 guitarists or something like that and he still hasn't been replaced.

I don't think any musician wants their music stolen

one can say Trent Reznor gave a way an album but he did conveniently book a tour around that Free release so the album is free in a sense but he still had an agenda and is making money off the good press from doing that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #511 on: August 29, 2008, 02:12:48 PM »

while he is right, it could just be ass kissing.    coming from someone whose bragged about all the stealing he's done.
you are a theif.

These coming off from someone who has a history of bragging about STEALING VR albums from net?Tut tut.

Could just be ass kissing.  Coming from someone whose bragged about all the stealing he's done.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #512 on: August 29, 2008, 02:17:56 PM »

Oh shit

I think Slash gave up a spot and it has taken 15 guitarists or something like that and he still hasn't been replaced.

I don't think any musician wants their music stolen

one can say Trent Reznor gave a way an album but he did conveniently book a tour around that Free release so the album is free in a sense but he still had an agenda and is making money off the good press from doing that.

Well that's the diffrence between artist some like to give stuff away and some don't.  The Magnitude of this album is just why this arrest took place, as far as 15 guitarist to replace some top hat wearin stuck in a time warp player I believe someone has been with the band since 99 and I believe he's playing other gigs until the time is right to release this album we have all been waiting for.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #513 on: August 29, 2008, 02:23:19 PM »

didn't someone tell his fans to steal UYI albums? was he a teenager then?

For some reason people are comparing this to metallica and Napster but without acknowledging that GnR's material hasn't been released where metallica's was

This?  isn't this one presently still feds vs the thief?

when the original source of squirrel is found GNR may well let them have it.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #514 on: August 29, 2008, 02:26:29 PM »

now this thread is goin to degenerate into bashing slash and bashing robin and blah blah blah - all because some reporter asked slash what he thought of the whole situation..............

I'm sure if the reporter asked any other musician they would say the same thing slash did..............it would seem pretty apparant
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #515 on: August 29, 2008, 02:28:29 PM »

nice way to try to take it off topic.  this is NOT about respecting slash.   this is about justice to the leakers.  I was simply throwing out the possibility that someone is trying to kiss some ass and you turn it into bashing the guys in the band.  what kind of fan are you?   go take your slash love to the ex-members section where it belongs.   pathetic.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #516 on: August 29, 2008, 02:29:13 PM »

why must people on this board take other people quotes completely out of context

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #517 on: August 29, 2008, 02:30:55 PM »

now this thread is goin to degenerate into bashing slash and bashing robin and blah blah blah - all because some reporter asked slash what he thought of the whole situation..............

I'm sure if the reporter asked any other musician they would say the same thing slash did..............it would seem pretty apparant

true. I think most people "in the business" would ay the same.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #518 on: August 29, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »

trent giives away what he wants to be heard and when he wants it to be heard.
I doubt any artist would mind doing that.

why must people on this board take other people quotes completely out of context

what's out of context?
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #519 on: August 29, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »

Quote from: Slash
"I think if someone goes and steals something, it's theft."

Words of wisdom from Slash.

/jarmo

See?  That name can't even be brought up in a relevant way without you insulting him!  We all know by now you're mad at him for banging your girlfriend!  rofl

But to stay on topic, yes, stealing music is bad.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: