Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:50:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 60294 times)
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2008, 06:05:11 PM »

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

what a bunch of sh1t
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2008, 06:07:30 PM »

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

what a bunch of sh1t

What? Which part?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2008, 06:16:22 PM »

the whole thing. i mean come on, people are on here arguing about slash praising what he heard, then it turns into a case of why should he say anything, why should he hear the leaks. So fkn what, he heard the new album, axl recorded the damn thing, lots of people have heard bits n bobs of it over the years, so what. If these people want to comment on it, be it that they were allowed to hear it or not, does it matter a fu9k?

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »

Listen Slash want's to live off his legacy of what happend 20 years ago.  Plus he wasn't forced out of GnR he made the choice and now he has to live with it.  My parents divorced over 12 years ago and I don't go around talking about the past and how I felt ! its water under the bridge.  Slash needs to find a singer that's what he needs to be doing and talking about.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2008, 06:32:46 PM »

Listen Slash want's to live off his legacy of what happend 20 years ago.  Plus he wasn't forced out of GnR he made the choice and now he has to live with it.  My parents divorced over 12 years ago and I don't go around talking about the past and how I felt ! its water under the bridge.  Slash needs to find a singer that's what he needs to be doing and talking about.

i think you did just mention your parents divorce. guess the water is rising again.
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »

He need to find a new singer, agree! I think he is looking for one right now and also working on new music. And he talk about whatever he want to talk about. If I wasn't aloud to mention my past if someone asked I would be sad.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2008, 07:43:45 PM »

Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy. Big WOW! so has alot of us. I'm happy to hear he liked it. He admitted old Guns couldn't have made this album and he respects what Axl is doing now. People shouldn't knock Slash for his statement. He was really cool about it. He had his reasons for quitting Guns, he was there, in the band. Not any of the rest of us. Quit slagging him off. I'm sure he couldn't give a fuck what ayone else thinks. He's  a happy man with a great reputation as a musician and a great legacy and he's fuckng loaded

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »

That's true... agree. N' also Rock magazines n' press in general don't write or ask for the hardcore Gn'R forum fans  hihi They care about massive public.
BTW i'm argentinian too  beer

Tell me you're a Boca Juniors fan and you could be my lost brother  hihi
[/quote]

Yes, I'm Boca Juniors fan  ok As I see we're also the most popular team in this forum (This is for you Estebanf!  hihi)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2008, 09:46:15 PM »

I'm sure he couldn't give a fuck what ayone else thinks.

then why the revisionist biographies?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »

the Slash book has absolutely nothing to do with the new leaks, so there is no point to mention it here.

I asked a legit question.

So all Slash fans, didn't he say he wrote the book partly due to all the GN'R questions he gets.

Follow up question, have you noticed a decrease in his GN'R talk since the book came out?

/jarmo

Have you noticed a decrease in the amount of questions he gets asked, about it?  As a former lead guitarist in one of the biggest bands in the world, he's going to be asked questions in interviews.

Duff may keep a lower profile, but there tends to be less interest, by the media, in the bassist than what there is in the lead singer and lead guitarist.  In a lot of bands, those two positions seem to garner the most attention. 
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2008, 11:56:22 AM »

the Slash book has absolutely nothing to do with the new leaks, so there is no point to mention it here.

I asked a legit question.

So all Slash fans, didn't he say he wrote the book partly due to all the GN'R questions he gets.

Follow up question, have you noticed a decrease in his GN'R talk since the book came out?

/jarmo

Have you noticed a decrease in the amount of questions he gets asked, about it?  As a former lead guitarist in one of the biggest bands in the world, he's going to be asked questions in interviews.

Duff may keep a lower profile, but there tends to be less interest, by the media, in the bassist than what there is in the lead singer and lead guitarist.  In a lot of bands, those two positions seem to garner the most attention. 

I dont believe it has anything to with him being more famous than Duff.

Im pretty sure the media tends to ask him more about Axl/GNR because he lends himself more to media outlets and they know he will answer them.

Duff doesnt give them any insight or dirt he just says he wishes them the best or something.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2008, 06:59:43 PM »

SLASH Comments On 'Chinese Democracy' Single; Audio Available - Oct. 23, 2008

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash was interviewed earlier today (Thursday, October 23) by Toucher and Rich of the Boston radio station WBCN 104.1 FM. During the course of the interview, Slash had an opportunity to check out the new GUNS N' ROSES single "Chinese Democracy" for the first time and was asked to offer his opinion on what he heard. "That sounds cool," Slash replied, before adding, "It's good to hear [Axl Rose's] voice, you know?!"

To check out the entire interview in streaming audio format, go to www.wbcn.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107532

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »

100% with Slash on this one

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2008, 09:08:12 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash was interviewed earlier today (Thursday, October 23) by Toucher and Rich of the Boston radio station WBCN 104.1 FM. During the course of the interview, Slash had an opportunity to check out the new GUNS N' ROSES single "Chinese Democracy" for the first time and was asked to offer his opinion on what he heard. "That sounds cool," Slash replied, before adding, "It's good to hear [Axl Rose's] voice, you know?!"

To check out the entire interview in streaming audio format, go to www.wbcn.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107532

That DJ is a cock. What a wanker.

I must say Slash was reallt cool about everything and that dickhead with the mic was trying to get Slash to bite.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »

I must say Slash was reallt cool about everything and that dickhead with the mic was trying to get Slash to bite.

peace
Yeah, I e-mailed that disgrace of a DJ about the interview.  Not that it'll do anything, but I just needed to let a little steam off. 

Slash played it the right way, as he has repeatedly in recent interviews.  He's obviously keeping that door open as best he can.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2008, 10:06:04 PM »

I didn't listen to it before posting...I thought that was all he said.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2008, 12:04:55 AM »

Yeah he's heard it, what? Who knows what he's heard.

He was very cool about it. To be honest, a little too cool about it.

Gn'R is great now, but it was greater long ago. They will never be able to replace Duff, Slash, Izzy and Steven.

Drummers come and go, Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy was the heart of that band.

They can never recreate that. So I'm tired of hearing people knock on Slash. He's a great guitarist, and no one can replace him.

So what is there to complain about? I don't know if I see anything. New Guns kick ass, old Guns kicked more.

He's cool with that. Why can't anyone let him live his life?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2008, 05:31:28 AM »

i agree, he was a complete tosser.

hearing him backtrack so quickly was quite funny though.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2008, 06:24:46 AM »

these dj's are fucking ass holes! i wish i could shoot them dead! fucking pricks!

good to see slash taking the high road on that one. ok

Chinese Democracy!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2008, 07:57:59 AM »

That was brutal. At first I was like "What are the guys on HTGTH even talking about? These guys havent said anything bad about the song" and BAM that one douche starts bashing. Slash actually sounded sort of pissed... lol. Very bad chances for a re-interview in the future if you ask me lol.

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: