Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:38:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl Rose and Steven Adler meeting in Las Vegas in September 2006
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose and Steven Adler meeting in Las Vegas in September 2006  (Read 16459 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 09:54:20 AM »

I don't believe it is about challenging Axl, these chosen members are all very talented musicians, that is why they have been hand picked by Axl,  however these men all have great musical talent and that talent has led them down other musical paths, as well, as we all know they extend their talents to other musical interests  ie... Robin and NIN for example, I haven't seen them stop just because they are members of GNR. However I am sure their in a place musically because they choose to be, not because they are controlled. Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 10:22:23 AM »

I don't believe it is about challenging Axl, these chosen members are all very talented musicians, that is why they have been hand picked by Axl,  however these men all have great musical talent and that talent has led them down other musical paths, as well, as we all know they extend their talents to other musical interests  ie... Robin and NIN for example, I haven't seen them stop just because they are members of GNR. However I am sure their in a place musically because they choose to be, not because they are controlled.

I agree. They were hand picked by Axl and I think his strategy was to get the best musicians available. However, none have been in bands as big as GNR and are probably getting paid very nicely, and will probably even get paid more now when CD comes out and start touring again. With that said I think they may think twice before questioning or challenging Axl with a creative decision, and even if they do they know Axl will do whatever he wants anyways. Whereas someone like Steven or Duff would be more outspoken (back in the day) because they probably felt that they were all equals. I don't think even Robin or Dizzy consider themselves equals to Axl when it comes to GNR.
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 10:25:28 PM »

Yeah they met, we talked about it here, in the main section. It was a good read. I'd find the link for you but the forum won't let me search right now.
I have no idea why "certain" people insist on taking the fact that they met lightly, or talk-trashing steven. I thought It was awsome and truely worth
reading that they met after such a long time. I only wish we knew exactly what they talked about. Don't let people get you down Bridge, I hope you
find the info. you seek.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 12:07:26 AM »

I don't believe it is about challenging Axl, these chosen members are all very talented musicians, that is why they have been hand picked by Axl,  however these men all have great musical talent and that talent has led them down other musical paths, as well, as we all know they extend their talents to other musical interests  ie... Robin and NIN for example, I haven't seen them stop just because they are members of GNR. However I am sure their in a place musically because they choose to be, not because they are controlled.

I agree. They were hand picked by Axl and I think his strategy was to get the best musicians available. However, none have been in bands as big as GNR and are probably getting paid very nicely, and will probably even get paid more now when CD comes out and start touring again. With that said I think they may think twice before questioning or challenging Axl with a creative decision, and even if they do they know Axl will do whatever he wants anyways. Whereas someone like Steven or Duff would be more outspoken (back in the day) because they probably felt that they were all equals. I don't think even Robin or Dizzy consider themselves equals to Axl when it comes to GNR.
Ahh!!! I better understand you with that said ok

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 04:58:41 AM »

It was shitty situation to kick Steven out  of GNR, but he put himself in that position at the time. At that point it was a business decision for the band to kick Steven out. Filing a law suit was also a business decision that was not cool on behalf of Steven.

In any event, a lot of time has passed since then. We all know Steven is an addict and has had a million problems associated by his addiction. I think Steven regrets his decision to sue GNR and Axl because it burned bridges with the band members especially Axl. Everyone has forgiven him by now except for Axl that I know of. I do not know what may have happened at the meeting or any other encounters that they may have in the future, but I think Axl being in the fortunate position that he is in at this time he can be the bigger man and put that shit behind him by now.

If I am not mistaken that lawsuit cost GNR like 2-3 million... which is nothing for amount of money GNR has generated throughout the years. I think Steven is really appreciative these days that he even knows Slash, Duff, Izzy, & Axl. I just hope Steven gets his shit together and has the support oh his family and friends to get better.

Steven was suing for royalties that were rightfully his.Dude got a raw deal in the first place being kicked out of Guns when many were in just as bad of shape as he was.So,again, why should Steven not have sued for royalties that were rightfully his?

He was obviously messed up when he signed an agreement cutting him off from future royalties and yeah that is his fault but he deserves that AFD money as much as anyone else does.

The comments/attacks on Steven make me wonder if most of you were ever GNR fans to begin with.Steve is a talkative guy, so what if he expresses hope for the guys  to get back together?

We should all be wishing the best for Stevie not making jokes about his addictions.

The poll on here for favorite drummer should show what ,hopefully,most GNR fans think of Steven.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:10:01 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »

Steven was suing for royalties that were rightfully his.Dude got a raw deal in the first place being kicked out of Guns when many were in just as bad of shape as he was.So,again, why should Steven not have sued for royalties that were rightfully his?

He was obviously messed up when he signed an agreement cutting him off from future royalties and yeah that is his fault but he deserves that AFD money as much as anyone else does.

The comments/attacks on Steven make me wonder if most of you were ever GNR fans to begin with.Steve is a talkative guy, so what if he expresses hope for the guys  to get back together?

We should all be wishing the best for Stevie not making jokes about his addictions.

The poll on here for favorite drummer should show what ,hopefully,most GNR fans think of Steven.

I agree he should have sued for royalties... he was getting fucked. That is why the court actually awarded him the right to collect royalties. What I meant about putting himself in that situation is that as a result of suing GNR and Axl... Axl was bound to get pissed off at him and he did. Who would not be pissed if they get sued by someone even if they are in the wrong. It is a natuaral human reaction.

I believe that the he was the scapegoat or sacrificial lamb so to speak for the drug issues of everybody else at the time. I think Slash, Duff, and Izzy and even Axl could have been a little more supportive and tried to be there for Steven. It appears that at this time Axl was the only sober one and the one that was trying to get the band in gear. I could understand Axl's impatience trying to deal witha bunch of addicts while he is trying to work... it must have been a frustrating situation because he must have felt alone in his efforts.

I always saw these guys as family and brothers. They have always said they were brothers and a gang. I aalso felt that they kind of turned their back on Steven... like sorry buddy your still fucked up, and we are not, but we got to go peace! I understand they were younger and  immature at the time and maybe more selfish but it was still fucked up.

I think they did not explore every option that was available to them to get Steven better because all of sudden they were on a diligent schedule to work on UYI. The irony is that Axl took 17 years to finish CD for his own personal reasons, and that is fine, but I think that considering what was going on with Steven from a humanitarian point of view they could have been like... you know what lets get Steven help and get him clean. He could DIE from this shit. Thank God he did not, but I think his life is more important than finishing a record.

I actually think if Steven could have gotten better at this point in his life his life would have turned out different and he would not be dealing with all this shit today. It's obvious he is till carrying with all the shit of being kicked out of GNR, and that probably has to do with drug use. I think if we would have gotten clean back then there may have been a chance he may have turned out like Izzy that he stopped with the drugs and stayed clean.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 10:34:26 AM »

Which is irrelevant here.

Not really. They met, and after that all that happened was Steven blabbing his mouth about a reunion.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »

and even Axl could have been a little more supportive and tried to be there for Steven.

If you knew your GN'R history a little bit better and didn't automatically blame everything on Axl, you'd know this already:

AXL: The misconception is that we kicked him out for the hell of it, and that I was the dictator behind it. The truth is, I probably fought a little harder to keep him in the band, because I wasn't working with him on a daily basis like the other guys were. They grew tired of not being able to get their work done because Steven wasn't capable of it. I've read interviews where he's saying that he's straight. Most of the time he isn't. He's the type of person who wants everything handed to him, and he did get it handed to him. He got it handed to him from me. At one point, in order to keep this band together, it was necessary for me to give him a portion of my publishing rights. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, but he threw such a fit, saying he wasn't going to stay in the band. We were worried about not being able to record our first album, so I did what I felt I had to do. In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 09:57:26 PM »

and even Axl could have been a little more supportive and tried to be there for Steven.

If you knew your GN'R history a little bit better and didn't automatically blame everything on Axl, you'd know this already:

AXL: The misconception is that we kicked him out for the hell of it, and that I was the dictator behind it. The truth is, I probably fought a little harder to keep him in the band, because I wasn't working with him on a daily basis like the other guys were. They grew tired of not being able to get their work done because Steven wasn't capable of it. I've read interviews where he's saying that he's straight. Most of the time he isn't. He's the type of person who wants everything handed to him, and he did get it handed to him. He got it handed to him from me. At one point, in order to keep this band together, it was necessary for me to give him a portion of my publishing rights. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, but he threw such a fit, saying he wasn't going to stay in the band. We were worried about not being able to record our first album, so I did what I felt I had to do. In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick!

/jarmo
I was just going to say.... kinda the same thing, they all a hand in helping poor Steven, Steven didn't want to help himself no

McDuff
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 01:44:02 AM »

well unlike many Axl ass lickers on here I don't believe some of the things Axl has said over the years,but I suppose I don't believe half of what any famous person says anyway.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »

well unlike many Axl ass lickers on here I don't believe some of the things Axl has said over the years,but I suppose I don't believe half of what any famous person says anyway.
Hey, all I'm going to say is if his position in GNR meant so much to him then why is it he could not make it his priority to get clean and stay that way, what is important to Steven is being high, and then feeling sorry for himself, and now on national  television, If I were Steven I would be ashamed of myself, but how can he be, he is to @#%$ up 99% of the time to feel anything. Steven through away Steven's life, and you say that makes some of us Axl ass lickers?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2008, 12:53:12 PM »

is that really necessary?
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 09:25:13 AM »

I don't want to open Pandora's box and start a whole Steven vs. Axl thing, but what I said about not only Axl but the rest of the guys, with regards to being supportive was to be there through Steven's bullshit to get him off drugs.

Axl's statement says he was not even there but that everyone was saying they could not work with Steven... that he read reviews about him saying he was sober, and he really  wasn't... that he was fair  to Steven because he gave him a cut of publishing rights? Come on this is bullshit... what kind of friends are you... if you have to read about what is going on in someones life through a magazine.

It is obvious the band members were all busy doing their own shit. I do not know any heroin addicts, but from what I have seen, heard, and read I imagine it is a very difficult situation to deal with if you are a family member  or friend and not very pleasant. Axl nor anybody else had to do shit to help Steven, but it would have been big on Axl's or Slash's or Duff's part to say... get me on a plane let me see Steven and be like dude you need help and we are not going anywhere until you are better.

I read in Slash's book when they went on that retreat in Hawaii or wherever and all they did was play golf and get high or something that... that is not Rehab or trying to help someone. People around the band were enabling these habbits not trying to prevent them. However, there came a time when everyone had to get back to work and Steven was to far gone and no one tried rescuing him and in my opinion that is kind fucked up even though he did put himself in that situation by doing drugs. Obviously it is a lot easier to just say fuck him man he is just a junkie anyways. Well he was not always a junkie he was your friend.

Now if they would have tried to get him the help he needed and after a certain time nothing was changing then I would agree there is nothing more you can do and you must move on.

Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 12:22:02 PM »

I don't want to open Pandora's box and start a whole Steven vs. Axl thing, but what I said about not only Axl but the rest of the guys, with regards to being supportive was to be there through Steven's bullshit to get him off drugs.

Axl's statement says he was not even there but that everyone was saying they could not work with Steven... that he read reviews about him saying he was sober, and he really  wasn't... that he was fair  to Steven because he gave him a cut of publishing rights? Come on this is bullshit... what kind of friends are you... if you have to read about what is going on in someones life through a magazine.

It is obvious the band members were all busy doing their own shit. I do not know any heroin addicts, but from what I have seen, heard, and read I imagine it is a very difficult situation to deal with if you are a family member  or friend and not very pleasant. Axl nor anybody else had to do shit to help Steven, but it would have been big on Axl's or Slash's or Duff's part to say... get me on a plane let me see Steven and be like dude you need help and we are not going anywhere until you are better.

I read in Slash's book when they went on that retreat in Hawaii or wherever and all they did was play golf and get high or something that... that is not Rehab or trying to help someone. People around the band were enabling these habbits not trying to prevent them. However, there came a time when everyone had to get back to work and Steven was to far gone and no one tried rescuing him and in my opinion that is kind fucked up even though he did put himself in that situation by doing drugs. Obviously it is a lot easier to just say fuck him man he is just a junkie anyways. Well he was not always a junkie he was your friend.

Now if they would have tried to get him the help he needed and after a certain time nothing was changing then I would agree there is nothing more you can do and you must move on.

I understand your feelings, the thing is, when it comes down to it, the public only knows so much, and in all reality it is probably all we will ever know.  We were not behind the scenes. so we all base our opinions with what is available, rumor not fact. You had five guys, each one chasing the same dream, together they were a family, that dream became reality and with it came extreme excess, out of the five, one stayed sober, 4 did not, 3 struggled but did not falter, 1 did.  I think everyone is greatful and loved Steven (what's not to love, he is really sweet it seems) for his contribution to Guns, he filled his spot well, and it is sad it ended, he is and will be always remembered, but regardless it has been many many years and that chapter is over.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: