Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl Rose and Steven Adler meeting in Las Vegas in September 2006
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose and Steven Adler meeting in Las Vegas in September 2006  (Read 16457 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« on: November 05, 2008, 06:56:48 PM »

I came across someone commenting that Steven turned up at an Axl gig in Sept 2006 and the two of them spoke for the first time in 15 years.  I searched through the forums and the news articles on this site and couldn't find anything further.

Can anyone provide links to articles or threads here that share more about this?
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:29:30 PM »

Yeah, I remember it too. That messed up junkie was full of praise for Axl after their little encounter, after having talked shit about him for the past 16 years. What a bitter, pathetic individual.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 08:14:58 AM »

Yeah, I remember it too. That messed up junkie was full of praise for Axl after their little encounter, after having talked shit about him for the past 16 years. What a bitter, pathetic individual.

You took the words right outta my mouth!!!

Watch celebrity rehab and see what steven adler is like now!!!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 02:21:04 PM »

It was shitty situation to kick Steven out  of GNR, but he put himself in that position at the time. At that point it was a business decision for the band to kick Steven out. Filing a law suit was also a business decision that was not cool on behalf of Steven.

In any event, a lot of time has passed since then. We all know Steven is an addict and has had a million problems associated by his addiction. I think Steven regrets his decision to sue GNR and Axl because it burned bridges with the band members especially Axl. Everyone has forgiven him by now except for Axl that I know of. I do not know what may have happened at the meeting or any other encounters that they may have in the future, but I think Axl being in the fortunate position that he is in at this time he can be the bigger man and put that shit behind him by now.

If I am not mistaken that lawsuit cost GNR like 2-3 million... which is nothing for amount of money GNR has generated throughout the years. I think Steven is really appreciative these days that he even knows Slash, Duff, Izzy, & Axl. I just hope Steven gets his shit together and has the support oh his family and friends to get better.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 02:54:18 PM »

Everyone has forgiven him by now except for Axl that I know of.

Roll Eyes

So typical....

Steven was invited to hang out at the GN'R after show in Las Vegas in 2006.

Yes, Axl was there too.

And how did Steven show his gratitude?

Basically by starting the whole "reunion show" rumors to promote that Adler's Appetite show in July 2007.

In the end, not even his close friend Slash played at the show....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AliveOrJustBreathing
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 05:15:20 PM »

It was shitty situation to kick Steven out  of GNR, but he put himself in that position at the time. At that point it was a business decision for the band to kick Steven out. Filing a law suit was also a business decision that was not cool on behalf of Steven.

Exactly, it is his own fault, I don't know how many shows this joker has cancelled. Whats the latest, this Guns of Destruction show? For god sake, cant he just go away, and at least retain a little of his dignity. Gilby Clarke had a lot of exposure with GNR but has never once tried to capitalize on that to sell tickets for a live show. He has produced and mastered Hollywood Rose tracks but that was behind the scenes and not exploiting a name.

Steven, please, get yourself sorted and get a real band
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 08:04:51 PM »

I don't know Steve, so I can't say for sure, but he reminds me of a lot of kids I went to school with who had the whole world handed to them and fucked it all up in a matter of a couple years. Gotta be weird for someone like Axl to see him after so much time.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 08:08:31 PM »

I don't know Steve, so I can't say for sure, but he reminds me of a lot of kids I went to school with who had the whole world handed to them and fucked it all up in a matter of a couple years. Gotta be weird for someone like Axl to see him after so much time.

Probably thought 'could have been me', was glad it wasn't, and got the fuck past it like most of us would.

And there goes the challenger...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »

Probably thought 'could have been me', was glad it wasn't, and got the fuck past it like most of us would.

Yeah but when I see people like that I just think "Jesus what a fucking waste". It's crazy to think I even associated with them. Not to be all high and mighty cause I fuck up sometimes like everyone else. But to become such a waste is startling.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 08:42:01 AM »

So typical....

Steven was invited to hang out at the GN'R after show in Las Vegas in 2006.

Yes, Axl was there too.

And how did Steven show his gratitude?

Basically by starting the whole "reunion show" rumors to promote that Adler's Appetite show in July 2007.

In the end, not even his close friend Slash played at the show....

I was not aware of this encounter. Could you tell me a little more about that event and encouter? I would be interested in knowing about it.

At this point you have to just take whatever Steven does with a grain of salt. Steven is the last person anyone would probably believe about any GNR related news anyways... especially something as big as a reunion because many fans would even question if he would even be part of it. He is kind of like a little kid who has not grown up and has very little tact, but means no harm. If Axl invited him back stage I give Axl a lot of credit because that was very big of him and really cool not to shun Steven. I know Axl does not owe him shit by any means, but its cool that he can hang out with him for a little while I am sure that meant a lot to Steven.

I have had friends and even best friends that as you get older they continuously do or say dumb shit which starts getting old fast. Eventually you have to dissassociate yourself from the because they will either get you into trouble, create an uncomfortable setting, or you may just get into a fight with them.  Nevertheless, I have run into them from time to time and I am still friendly to them and will shoot the shit for a while because time has passed and its not like I have to see these people on a regular basis. Sometimes they still blurt out dumb shit and you think to yourself these guys never change, but its o.k. now because it is going to be a while before you see them again so who cares.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »

I was not aware of this encounter. Could you tell me a little more about that event and encouter? I would be interested in knowing about it.

Me too, that's why I started this thread.  But apparently, everyone is more concerned with trashing Steven than just answering my question.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 03:32:34 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 08:51:47 PM »

Me too, that's why I started this thread.  But apparently, everyone is more concerned with trashing Steven than just answering my question.

What? They met.

It happened.

Too bad Steven just had to keep talking about the reunion after that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »

What? They met.

It happened.

/jarmo

Thats why I have a lot of respect for Izzy.   He barely draws attention to himself, he's cool with Axl and GnR, toured with them.. played with some of his former band mates and is apparently cool with them, doesn't go running his mouth to the media.. puts out his own material..

I feel sorry for Steven sometimes, but the guy needs to let go of the past and try to make something of himself that doesn't involve dirty needles, AFD tribute tours, or reality television.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 12:07:31 AM »

What? They met.

It happened.

Yes, I understand as much.  But I do believe my original post asked for any links, articles, or quotes on the meeting from either side.  I'm sure Axl didn't publicly speak of it, but Steven may have.

Which is irrelevant here.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 12:12:45 AM »

What? They met.

It happened.

Yes, I understand as much.  But I do believe my original post asked for any links, articles, or quotes on the meeting from either side.  I'm sure Axl didn't publicly speak of it, but Steven may have.

Thats about all we know.   Search function is disabled so it won't be easy to find the original article, but there wasn't anything huge in it.   Steven was at a show at The Joint and hung out back stage afterwards.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 11:32:05 AM »

If they exist, you can probably find them on Blabbermouth.

/jarmo

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 11:43:37 AM »

It was in Las Vegas i heard.

Steven spoke about it alot.

But his stories changed per time, which means hes not the greatest source for information!

html sucks
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »

But his stories changed per time, which means hes not the greatest source for information!

Thats pretty much a given with anything Steven has ever said.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 05:11:58 AM »

hmm i was reading something on it a couple of days ago let me look at my history

Blabbermouth article:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67085
Some other forum thing:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/archive/t-492678.html

here's something from Newgnr.com, same shit

In an interview with a fansite, Steven said "I saw Axl, talked with him from, shit, what was it? 10 or 12 at night to 8 in the morning, we talked. ... We resolved a lot of fucking shit! It was wonderful! Just wonderful. I was the same happy-go-lucky person that I've always been to him, and he enjoyed it. It was at The HardRock, when he played there. I saw the show, three people in his band all look like Izzy! I told him it sucked, I was kidding. I said "You know the five of us have to get back together! That's when it will really fucking take off again! Nothing will be bigger. It would be the biggest reunion ever in history". You know how he is. He just grinned and giggled a little bit.

Everybody in his band came up to me, "You're the greatest fucking drummer! We tell Axl, 'you gotta get the band back together'!" That's what they said to HIM! It was wonderful!"

All say basically the same thing. Funny, in one of the forums i was reading they were claiming steven was talking shit about axl right up till he met him, when he suddenly starting kissing axl's ass. Wrong!

Heres an interview on HTGTH from a year before their meeting:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=145

Have you seen or heard the current GN'R line-up?
Steven: "Is there one? You tell me. I'm pretty sure what they're doing now won't sound like the Guns N' Roses I knew. But despite all the sadness and heartache that Axl put me through, good luck to him. I still love him. It was all a decade ago, I'm over it."

Anyways, I seriously think the fact that steven is such a douche means GnR may never re-unite. There's no point doing it with another drummer, it wouldn't be a real "re-union", and axl would never play with a fuck-up like steven, he's way too proffessional a musician. (just watched a video of hammerstein where he stopped nighttrain after a small mistake).

Oh well. Maybe for one song one day.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 09:17:35 AM »

the morning, we talked. ... We resolved a lot of fucking shit! It was wonderful! Just wonderful. I was the same happy-go-lucky person that I've always been to him, and he enjoyed it. It was at The HardRock, when he played there. I saw the show, three people in his band all look like Izzy! I told him it sucked, I was kidding. I said "You know the five of us have to get back together! That's when it will really fucking take off again! Nothing will be bigger. It would be the biggest reunion ever in history". You know how he is. He just grinned and giggled a little bit.

Everybody in his band came up to me, "You're the greatest fucking drummer! We tell Axl, 'you gotta get the band back together'!" That's what they said to HIM! It was wonderful!"

All say basically the same thing. Funny, in one of the forums i was reading they were claiming steven was talking shit about axl right up till he met him, when he suddenly starting kissing axl's ass. Wrong!

Heres an interview on HTGTH from a year before their meeting:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=145

Have you seen or heard the current GN'R line-up?
Steven: "Is there one? You tell me. I'm pretty sure what they're doing now won't sound like the Guns N' Roses I knew. But despite all the sadness and heartache that Axl put me through, good luck to him. I still love him. It was all a decade ago, I'm over it."

I am glad Steven and Axl were able to hang out. This was probably a big deal to Steven to see and talk to Axl after so many years. Steven was probably ecstatic that Axl would even speak to him let alone want to hang out with him. Axl was probably in a really good mood that night. I am sure Axl's impression of Steven is still that he is a lovable person, but is still dealing with a lot of the issues that caused him to get kicked out of the band. He know that Steven is harmless, but does have a big mouth. Axl will always have his guard up with the former members even if they ever become friends again.

I think one of the reasons that Axl prefers this version of the band is because he is in complete control over the band, wereas with the original members everybody had a say in music and direction of the band. Then you have people like Steven that wear there emotions on their sleeve and say what they feel before thinking about what they are saying, that allows for fights amongst members and awkward situations. I don't think anyone has the balls to challenge Axl these days because it could cost them their job. Shit I wouldn't.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: