Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:24:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" single
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" single  (Read 45569 times)
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »

okay, so i didn't hear it on the radio.  but maybe it's a slow burner.  it's one of those singles that people will have to listen to about 30 times before they start to get really hooked.  but it DOES hook people.  just look at all of us on the board -- we love it!  if it sucked, we wouldn't love it.  so there.  we've just got to do our part and call all the radio stations, email all the dj's, and we can't be afraid to get aggressive about it.  it's up to us to convince people of how great this music is.  axl needs us now more than ever people!
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2008, 12:19:33 PM »

okay, so i didn't hear it on the radio.  but maybe it's a slow burner.  it's one of those singles that people will have to listen to about 30 times before they start to get really hooked. 

thats NOT how hit singles work

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2008, 12:49:03 PM »

okay, so i didn't hear it on the radio.  but maybe it's a slow burner.  it's one of those singles that people will have to listen to about 30 times before they start to get really hooked. 

Elaborate.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »

'no one ever told me when
I was alone
they just thought Id know better,
better'

hear it a few times and you'll get hooked.  love
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »

A lot of them do

But the reality is that the radio plays what the labels want them to play.  So if UMG leans on the radio stations, Better will get into heavy rotation.  It's that simple
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 02:14:22 PM »

in all honesty nobody listen's to the radio anymore, besides Sirius/XM.  I think once a video hits the airwaves it will be huge !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
wadey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 02:30:33 PM »

in all honesty nobody listen's to the radio anymore, besides Sirius/XM.  I think once a video hits the airwaves it will be huge !

i think most people listen to the radio (UK), maybe they dont listen at home but its on in most workplaces, shops, in the car etc..
I myself dont listen to it at home, but i have it on in the car to check travel etc and its always on at work

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 03:07:45 PM »

i think most people listen to the radio (UK), maybe they dont listen at home but its on in most workplaces, shops, in the car etc..
I myself dont listen to it at home, but i have it on in the car to check travel etc and its always on at work

I think it's a diffrent situation in America than it is oversea's.  More Rock fan's and more international fan's appericate good music, when in the U.S. crap get's played over and over again on MTV.  I don't even listen to the radio, cause it has nothing that I wanna listen to.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »

I heard "better" on sirius octane the other day, in the am.  They seem to play new gnr in the morning drive.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 03:29:39 PM »

Better should've been on the radio for at least a month before the album dropped.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 03:32:14 PM »

yea maybe but never mind people will know better evenually
hooliganscomics
Banned
Headliner

Kool Aid free since '93

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 03:50:28 PM »

The days of video's are dead. No one makes big budget video's that catch attention anymore. If they make a video it'll be performance style like everything else and not very groundbreaking. There's no way Universal would pay millions on a video these days.

If you don't like what I have to say stop reading my posts.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2008, 04:00:27 PM »

The days of video's are dead. No one makes big budget video's that catch attention anymore. If they make a video it'll be performance style like everything else and not very groundbreaking. There's no way Universal would pay millions on a video these days.

Yeah big buget video's. I wouldn't say your common music video isn't dead. I think in order to reach a new fan base is to make music video's.  I know Metallica's video was played on Fuse, On Demand.  AC/DC was on Vh1 and classic, I still think there's a target to be reached by a music video. It doesn't half to be November Rain but it can be something cool and balls to the wall.  I perfectly fine with a live performance video, which would be cool.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2008, 04:05:35 PM »

Yeah big buget video's. I wouldn't say your common music video isn't dead. I think in order to reach a new fan base is to make music video's.  I know Metallica's video was played on Fuse, On Demand.  AC/DC was on Vh1 and classic, I still think there's a target to be reached by a music video. It doesn't half to be November Rain but it can be something cool and balls to the wall.  I perfectly fine with a live performance video, which would be cool.

Videos are a useful tool for news shows covering a big album too... Take that BBC discussion... That was a long enough piece that they would almost certainly have shown a new video/a nice chunk of it. Not so much with a live version of a new song or a homemade youtube style collage.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »

GNR and the fans bouncing to the song together makes a great enough video. Grin
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2008, 10:54:37 PM »

This song was just released on December 2nd, give it time...

It will take it awhile to get hot and burn a hole through society.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2008, 11:59:10 PM »

Apparently someone over at GNR Daily saw some commercial for a new Guns N' Roses video on VH1 ("Better").

"Hey fake pat saw the advertisement again

funny no1 else on here has seen it...

it says NEW VIDEO....COMING SOON... EXCLUSIVELY ON VH1.

its got me psyched."

Among the comments (in the comments of another article they mentioned that the said video is "Better")

http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=1927#kontaktform

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2008, 12:13:41 AM »

Not sure what to make of that.  That comment was made eary this morning (now yesterday morning) and seemingly nothing came of it.  Has anyone else seen such a commercial or was this commercial exclusive to that one person? 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »

yeas we need a video, why people keep saying that videos are not important anymore? of course they are , all bands keep doing them, and yes we all know that mtv its a pice of shit , but it seems that a lot of people watch it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2008, 12:20:13 AM »

yeas we need a video, why people keep saying that videos are not important anymore? of course they are , all bands keep doing them, and yes we all know that mtv its a pice of shit , but it seems that a lot of people watch it.
I was one of those people saying videos were no longer important (and I still don't think they're AS important), but I'd be willing to admit I'm wrong.  I'd love to see SOMETHING from this lineup in video form.  So I'd gladly take it.  Still not buying the VH1 commercial though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: