Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Our questions to Axl (all the questions in the first post)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our questions to Axl (all the questions in the first post)  (Read 10700 times)
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »

Axl, we can hope to see someday as a leak hehe the re-recorded appetite for destruction?
      We can expect to see sometime soon some b-sides of  the album chinese democracy or uknow songs?
       There's a relation between the tracklisting of the albums and that in the album there are all the songs that were leaked?
       In chinese democracy we can not see so many recordings from Richard,we can expect to see the things taht Richard has been writing and playing in the next record?

Thanks Axl

Lluis
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:27:59 AM by Fortus » Logged
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »

How difficult is vocal management-especially when on tour?

What did you think of Tommy's album Village Gorilla Head?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
The Rhiad
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »

Is 'Checkmate' real as in Guns N' Roses. If so whats the actual title?

Also what were some working titles for songs that ended up on Chinese Democracy?
As we know already: The Blues - Street of Dreams
wadey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2008, 01:54:07 PM »

i would like to ask dexter if Marco Beltrami worked on the music for 'The Soul Monster'

cheers

Welcome to the board Dexter  Cool
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:22:33 PM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
elmir
VIP

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2008, 02:12:01 PM »

I have a few questions to ask, if you don't mind adding them in:

1. You mentioned that CD's release was a miracle in a way...with that in mind, did you ever find yourself thinking that you would never be able to push it out..?...that it would never happen, no matter what you did...?...

2. Which musician that you worked with since the new lineup started off would you consider to be the most valuable asset...?....the one you couldn't have done this without...?...in other words, who in the new line up is as important to the whole mix as you are...?

3. Other than Baz, who from the olden days do you still keep in regular touch with...(i mean musicians mainly)....Steven Tyler...?...Anyone else...?...and how supportive have these old "colleagues" have been of your project...?

4. Did the last 15 years of negative press and speculation drive you insane..?...what do you do to relax and get away from it all...?

that's me....thanks.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:41:03 PM by elmir » Logged

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »

I have one question:

You Usually talk with Izzy Stradlin? Would be Izzy Stradlin on the next tour?

Thanks

Ewan154
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »

Will Axl do any more tour will Izzy Stradlin?
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2008, 02:27:48 PM »

There are a couple of questions I'd like to ask Axl.

As Woodstock is to America, The Isle of Wight festival is the UK's venue that all the major artists cite as one they'd love to do. At Donnington in 06, you said at the time of things not working right as "This is the Isle of Wrong" -did you at that moment wish you were (at the IW Festival - being played the same weekend) and do you have any ambitions to share the experience of Hendrix, the who, the stones et al, and play the Wight?

The second, being does the release of Chinese Democracy (superb BTW) mean that some of the previously unheard live songs will be played?

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »

Hi, Axl

Sorry I missed you. I was up early for work, and I just misse you. If you stop back, here are a few questions:

1. Do you like old-school honky tonk/country? I always thought the bluesy/soul side of you was inspired by honky tonk as well, not this new pop/cuntry of today, I'm talking about the old stuff. Do you listen to it or have they influenced your singing/wriitng style in any way? People like Ernest Tubb, Hank Williams Sr., George Jones, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, David Allen Coe, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.? I always thought there was a similarity between you and the old school honky tonkers (especially in your cover of the Stones Honky Tonk Woman) Their high, lonesome twang was very soulful and "blues based." They poured their hearts out perfectly imperfect. They sang in the high and powerful way that they did to "over power" the noisy bars. A lot of these singer/songwrites are trubadour outlaws, non-sell outs, who wrote about their inner demons and pain, just like you. They were never concerned with selling records or being media hams. They were lost souls wandering through this world. They loved "the road" and making music, just like you.
My dad always thought you were like the "George  Jones" of rock n roll, the "NO SHOW Jones" of rock. He said, "that Axl Rose is kinda like a George Jones. He has distinct and unique voice that is instantly recognizable and people either love it or hate it, but they know it. He can sing very low/deep and go soaring very high, a lot of range. Like Jones, he's struggled with inner demons and is a misunderstood singing genius'. " Anyway, I always thought you could sing the hell out of a George Jones song, or do an amazing duet with him (Like Keith Richards did).
My question: Have you ever considered covering a George Jones' song? I think you would sound amazing covering "When the Grass Grows Over Me," "He Stopped Loving Her Today," "A Picture of Me without You," or "A Good Year for the Roses". Perhaps cover an old Hank song? You and Kid Rock could do it together. My dad also said you were kind of like Willie, the "Red Headed Stranger" of rock (bandana, long red hair, and similar vocals) He said that you would do an awesome cover of "Angel Flying to Close to the Ground"

I thought maybe the only reason you avoided doing anything kinda "country" in style is because it would appear to hardcore fans that you were jumping on the "country bandwagon." But I think you have that same mysterious, outlaw persona as the "Good Ol Boys" of country.

Question 2: I love your cover of "Sailing" by Rod Stewart. Will we ever see a studio release of this song?
Question 3: Are you good friends with Kid Rock? If so, can we expect to hear a duet soon? Perhaps an old school styel bluesy/honky tonk style song?
dolemite
Opening Act

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2008, 04:57:50 PM »

Although I'm a long time lurker, this is my first time actually posting on here.  I realize the Q & A appears to be over, but here are my questions in case another session ever starts up. 

Axl,

First off, thanks for being so cool and answering fan questions. 

Part I - Questions regarding the old band and Slash:

1.  Did you read Slash's biography, and what do you think of it?  Is it mostly truthful?  Or is a particular area or two that you feel is inaccurate?  I know you probably don't want to get into a deep discussion about that stuff, but I'm just curious as to your general thoughts on the book.   It looks like Slash went out of his way to say that your version of the events might be different than his, but he still gives his general thoughts. 

2.  While I don't expect a reunion anytime soon, it would be nice to see you on speaking terms with the old band again.  The old gunners seem to talk positively about CD, and while I'm sure there are plenty old grudges and problems that could come up, 10, 12, or 15 years of not speaking is a long time.  At this point, all of you have achieved success without each other.  Is there any chance that ya'll might speak again, or at least show up together at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame induction (which is what, a few years away)?   Even if you all never play together again, the era of not speaking and communicating through lawyers/managers/etc seems to have lasted forever. 

3.  Does Slash really send you a Christmas card every year?  (He said that he did on Letterman a few years ago.)

---------------

Questions about the current lineup and new music:

1.  You've worked with members or ex-members of Nine Inch Nails over the years.  And, it's known that you've been a NIN fan.  Have you ever had any contact with Trent Reznor over the years and are you still a fan of NIN? 

2.  In what ways does it look like Chinese Democracy II will differ from part one?  An equal mix of songs, or is it generally more heavy/soft/experimental etc than Chinese Democracy I is? 

3.  I think it's awesome that you're chatting with fans on here.  Even if you do zero press, it really shows the fans that you pay attention, and we appreciate that a lot.  No question, just wanted to say that again.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:31:28 AM by dolemite » Logged
slashrulz
Opening Act

Let the monkey do its thing

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2008, 05:13:46 PM »

4.  Does Slash really send you a Christmas card every year? 

I heard Slash say that he does in an interview. I thought that was very cute Tongue I would like to know why Axl doesn't respond to the Xmas card though. I mean c'mon, it's christmas!  hihi rofl

I am the creator of GnR math Cheesy

AXL+SLASH=FUCKING AWESOMENESS      *GnR math:the only math that makes sense*

I am in fact Velvet Revolvers new singer
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2008, 05:26:59 PM »

Sucks that I missed it the way I did, but what's important is that he decided to give the fans the first interview. That's beyond cool. Hope he will be back.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2008, 05:50:09 PM »

i was at the newcastle show when something was thrown at you, and i remember shouting wanker when you walked off, i would just like to take this opertunity to appologies to you as i beleive it was before i was aware of something been thrown and if in the same circumstances i would of done the same. i was just woundering of what your opinions of the incident are? and will you be back to newcastle...or sunderland? Tongue

thanks!

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
ben9785
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2008, 07:28:33 PM »

Here's mine.. I had two questions I wanted to ask but I'll try my luck with this one..

Hello Axl,
Thanks for connecting with the fans here and giving us a opportunity to talk to you.
My great appreciation for "Chinese Democracy". It was all I expected and even more, looking forward to the rest.

My question was related to the "sound" of the album, and your intentions for the musical growth of GNR;

The 1999 MTV interview you did around the time of "Oh My God" release mentioned there could be some 'aggressive electronica with guitars' type of sound coming on a future album. The album that we have in our hands today is hard rock but with enough diverse elements to make it a more fascinating listen than the average hard rock album. I wonder if some of these elements, such as the experimental vocal layers opening "Scraped", the hip hop/funk vibe of "If The World", the programmed beats & orchestration of "Madagascar", could be a hint of a further diverse sound to come in future material? Whether its stuff you've already got lined up for release or new things you are working on?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2008, 09:47:01 PM »

My comments:

I can't imagine how it feels to finally have released this. I just wanted to say thank you, congrats and I think the album is a masterpiece.

My questions:

Would you consider smaller venues on the next tour with more shows in each city? Also, is there any way GNR would do an "Instant Live" sort of deal so we can buy recordings of shows?

-russtcb

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:59:11 PM by russtcb » Logged

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »

lol i guess he's gonna be here for some hours! Shocked

Hope he will be back soon, like he himself hoped too.
But as a GN'R fan I'm exceptionally acustomed to waiting, so now that I have Chinese, I have something new to wait for... drool hihi

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2008, 09:59:56 PM »

nervous i just got online, and now i read that Axl himself was answering questions here? how this happened?

he contacted the websites? i have no idea  hihi, can someone fill me in on this?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2008, 10:01:47 PM »

nervous i just got online, and now i read that Axl himself was answering questions here? how this happened?

he contacted the websites? i have no idea  hihi, can someone fill me in on this?

He registered and just started posting answers to peoples questions.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »

A couple of questions for now.. this is just awesome!

What will happen to all the live footage from the 2006 tour, is there a dvd in the works?

Can you talk about the story behind songs like Riad, Catcher, This I Love, and Shackler's?

A few more I thought of:

How did you guys choose the tracklisting for Chinese?

When were the songs originally written?

How many completed songs remain?

What do you think was the most difficult part of releasing Chinese Democracy?

How would you say Buckethead shaped the sound of the band and how has his influence affected things from his time in Guns?

I know at some point there was talk of alternate versions of various songs;  will any of these become b-sides or see the light of day somehow?

What would you say some of the highlights of the past 8 years or so?

What were the main differences that allowed you to release the album this year as opposed to 2006?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 03:27:07 AM by Chief » Logged

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »

I'll throw a few in for shits and giggles...might have been asked before.

Axl, what is your view on bootlegging of GN'R shows? We all know what has happened in the past, but I vaguely remember you saying something at a show in 2006 that you did not care, or something along those lines? (Believe the show was in Puerto Rico..?)

If you have one, what was your favorite gig you've ever played?

What was the oldest written song on CD?

Were there ever plans to release the House of Blues 2001 show on DVD? Rumors have been around for ages that it was set for release and it was sent to Japan for release or something...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:42:54 AM by cotis » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: