Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:21:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Our questions to Axl (all the questions in the first post)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our questions to Axl (all the questions in the first post)  (Read 10779 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« on: December 12, 2008, 06:38:10 AM »

Maybe is a cool idea to make the questions in one single topic so Axl can quote and answer here.

I don't have a question right now (well, in fact I have a lot of questions) but I'll just say: Thanks for the music, the magic and for the greatest song you ever made: "This I Love" peace

To not scare Axl with a potential 500 pages topic, all the questions are:

Ulises : Who was your inspiration when you wrote "Sorry"?

victoriacanucker asked : will you ever put out a autobiography or some sort of offical documentary on the album and get to hear your side of all that has gone on?

xBrownstonex asked: Could you maybe tell us about the progress of writing "This I Love" and what this song means to you?

-Jack- asked:

1)    Axl in your Rolling Stone 2000 interview there was a song title called "Oklahoma" mentioned. Did this song get renamed into something on Chinese Democracy or is it still being worked on for another disk?

2)   I know "Oh My God" didn't do too well commercially or even in reviews, but I really liked what I *got* from the song. Some of the layering and mixing came out weird (in my opinion) but under those complaints the song is really raw and brutal in a good way; I think it could be re-recorded into one of your most powerful songs. So question is: Is "Oh My God" ever going to get the spotlight it deserves? Will we see a new Oh My God on another record? Or have you moved past it musically/personally/in some other form?

TomFriend asked:

1)   Is the commercial success of this album important to you, or are you content to simply have it be well received by your existing fanbase?

2)  What is the significance of 'Cool Hand Luke' to you? Is it's use in Madagascar a deliberate call back to Civil War, or just a case of it being appropriate in both cases?

3)  We keep hearing that several shows have been recorded. Are there any upcoming plans for a DVD?

ckgent asked: Axl, at hammersmith you passed the mic to me during heavens door, any chance there may be footage that can be forwarded through official sources?? (by the way thats a personal highlight for me).

Waldorf asked : Do you think you'll play This I Love live? If yes, would you do it with Patti Hood?

kuetastic:

1) Are you confident of a re-release/alternate release with personally preferred artwork/cover/etc? Perhaps the release of the album clears way by completing contracts to make this possible for example.

2) The last verse on Catcher In The Rye is obviously quite personal and specific to you, whilst being damn subjective and shrouded to the listener. Care to elaborate on where the lyrics came from? Or is that over reading it and its rather just your take on the literature?

3) Any more tracks from Chinese Democracy that inspire thoughts of a music video other then Better?

4) About the show in Adelaide, Australia: What are your memories from the show and was there a particular reason for the great vibe and incredible set for a relatively small venue?

TVC 15 asked:

1) The music on Chinese Democracy is diverse and well-crafted. I hear slight touches of many of the band's influences (Stones, Beatles/Lennon, Sabbath, Elton John, Zeppelin, Hendrix, others) on the album.

Does the music you are listening to at a particular moment affect the mood/tone of a song-in-progress or do you have a good idea where a song is headed once it reveals itself to you/the band?

2)  Many fans (including myself) are interested in the evolution of each track on the new album. Do you remember the year each track was conceived?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:22:51 AM by Ulises » Logged

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:41:36 AM »

I dunno, isn't that taking a fun one time thing and pushing it a little far? I'd imagine it'll be pretty off-putting for Axl if the next time he logs in there's an 80-page thread of questions awaiting him.  peace

BTW, I have to say I found it pretty hilarious, just checking out the thread at MYGNR that the first thing the members there did was insult him. True to form as ever. hihi
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 06:53:33 AM by TomFriend » Logged

And there goes the challenger...
ben9785
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 06:43:48 AM »

I would love it if there was an agreement which resulted in Jarmo being able to dedicate part of the forum for questions for Axl to come back, consider and respond to in an irregular basis..

The thing about tonight's events was how spontaneous and informal it was which made it special though..

Any comments, Jarmo?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:54:40 AM »

I can't believe no-one asked him about "I don't vant to do eet"! Talk about a missed opportunity!  Wink

SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 06:59:40 AM »

I can't believe no-one asked him about "I don't vant to do eet"! Talk about a missed opportunity!  Wink

hahahaha no shit!!  rofl rofl rofl rofl

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 07:00:51 AM »

Maybe we can make things more easy if I or Jarmo edit the first post and write all the question there...

victoriacanucker
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 07:14:28 AM »

Well I would just like to thank Axl for all the great music he has put out over the years and want to thank him and the band for the amazing show he put on in Everett in 06, best show I've ever seen.

Anyways, my question is, will you ever put out a autobiography or some sort of offical documentary on the album and get to hear your side of all that has gone on?
PCM2267
Opening Act

"Not bad,how bout' yourself"?

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 08:02:07 AM »

I missed my opportunity to give a shout out from Toronto (also said this on another board). I hope he comes back and sees this. It would make this sad year (for me,it's been brutal - lost mom to cancer,broke and having no Christmas) end on one hell of a high note.

peace

(damn,didn't notice this was just my 1st post here.....what a noob I must be) Embarrassed
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 08:03:26 AM »

hopefully he will post in this forum next time.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 08:06:36 AM »

I did though

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jecoma
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 08:07:49 AM »

I can't believe no-one asked him about "I don't vant to do eet"! Talk about a missed opportunity!

Actually, someone did ask about it.  Cool

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 08:19:13 AM »

Question: Could you maybe tell us about the progress of writing "This I Love" and what this song means to you?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 08:26:07 AM »

I did though

Ah, nice! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has their priorities straight.  Wink

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 08:29:24 AM »

Axl in your Rolling Stone 2000 interview there was a song title called "Oklahoma" mentioned. Did this song get renamed into something on Chinese Democracy or is it still being worked on for another disk?

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''

One more question: I know "Oh My God" didn't do too well commercially or even in reviews, but I really liked what I *got* from the song. Some of the layering and mixing came out weird (in my opinion) but under those complaints the song is really raw and brutal in a good way; I think it could be re-recorded into one of your most powerful songs. So question is: Is "Oh My God" ever going to get the spotlight it deserves? Will we see a new Oh My God on another record? Or have you moved past it musically/personally/in some other form?

Again, you're the man. Hope you can get around to answering these, but if you can't, it's ok! Thanks! You inspire so much.

gnrevolution.com
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »

Ok, I've got some:

Is the commercial success of this album important to you, or are you content to simply have it be well received by your existing fanbase?

What is the significance of 'Cool Hand Luke' to you? Is it's use in Madagascar a deliberate call back to Civil War, or just a case of it being appropriate in both cases?

We keep hearing that several shows have been recorded. Are there any upcoming plans for a DVD?

Thanks man.

ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 09:05:24 AM »

Axl, at hammersmith you passed the mic to me during heavens door, any chance there may be footage that can be forwarded through official sources?? (by the way thats a personal highlight for me).
Waldorf
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 09:07:46 AM »

Do you think you'll play This I Love live? If yes, would you do it with Patti Hood?
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »

- Axl, about the "Sorry" liric, I think is very defiant and controversial but a Great song. Whom goes the message?

- In case Robin cannot come back. Are you willing to look for a replacement? or you'd rather to keep the band with just two guitar players.

- Axl, you owe us a gig in Santiago and Buenos Aires.  hihi When do you think we'll be able to heard your killer vocal range live?

Congratulations dear Axl, despite Chinese it's not my fave Guns n' Rosos record, you (the band) did an excelent work.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:53:04 AM by Killingmachine » Logged
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 09:37:33 AM »

Things I would ask Axl or ask Axl to expand on after this incredibly gracious interview.

Are you confident of a re-release/alternate release with personally preferred artwork/cover/etc? Perhaps the release of the album clears way by completing contracts to make this possible for example.

The last verse on Catcher In The Rye is obviously quite personal and specific to you, whilst being damn subjective and shrouded to the listener. Care to elaborate on where the lyrics came from? Or is that over reading it and its rather just your take on the literature?

Any more tracks from Chinese Democracy that inspire thoughts of a music video other then Better?

A personal one.

The band and yourself were really jovial in Adelaide, Australia. Both on stage, out on the town and in regard to how much media was allowed to cover your visit. What are your memories from the show and was there a particular reason for the great vibe and incredible set for a relatively small venue? I'd of figured it just seemed that way to me for being there until I flew home and read the many threads here indicating the same feelings from long time GNR' concert goers.

If you come back to Australia, make sure Bubbles tags along again. I love watching the faces in the audience when he stumbles out to sing the best song ever written bar Breakdown.  ok

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 09:48:04 AM »

Who is "Sorry" aimed at?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: