Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 07:47:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 99846 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2008, 02:25:07 AM »

I can't stop laughing at this.  good post  ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2008, 02:37:23 AM »

OMFG  THIS IS AWESOME  HAHAHA    rofl rofl
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2008, 02:37:32 AM »

Absolutely fascinating.

I think this answers a lot of people's questions, and should stop a lot of people's ill informed views being spouted left, right and centre.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2008, 02:40:01 AM »

I can't help but thinking this is GIGANTIC news that not only is Axl talking to the fans very candidly, but the things he is talking about are massively important to most rock fans.

Have any of his comments regarding the old band, the name and/or Slash been picked up by any major news/rock media outlets?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2008, 02:40:19 AM »

I didn't think Slash sounded bitter in his book - I thought he said what he had to say in a fairly civil manner.  I thought.  Maybe Axl is defending himself, here, but it took a lot of years to even start talking.  Yeah, it's great to hear his side.  It is. 

Kind of, basically, we've heard the same kind of stories from 4 or 5 other bandmembers who were involved in the "old" Guns.  And all of them eventually left.  I'm not saying Slash is the great truth-teller, here, either.  I'm just sayin', from what I've picked up, over the years, that there seems to be much more commonalities told from several others.             

There we go again....Miss "Slash is cool" and "The truth is probably somewhere in the middle"..... Sad

It's part of Slash's strategy to appear as he does in his book....If so many "Guns fans" like yourself and younggunner were left with the impression that Slash only said nice things about Axl and/or "the truth", then his well-thought schematic tone in the book has achieved its purpose. Not to mention, he got plenty of good advice on how to sound in a "bestseller" by somebody else.

What Axl wrote was unplanned, spontaneous, and honest direct communication with the fans. Had he written this in a book, he may have chosen his words a lot more carefully and appealing (to some). But then again, maybe that's not what he wants. And if this is the truth, which I personally always believed to be, then why make it sound differently when it is what it is. Deal with it.

If you are honestly a Guns and Axl fan, ask yourself why would you doubt his statements when they are solely in response to satisfy and answer fans' questions (for which by the way we should be first and foremost grateful), and NOT to sell books or anything else of personal interest. In fact, posting like this on message boards and answering much of everything, including complicated legally subjects as this, could actually expose more venues to explore for the greedy individuals mentioned who like to use any and all opportunities to jump in legally for financial and other self interest.

She is welcome to her opinion just like anybody else.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2008, 02:42:31 AM »

Cool that he talks about Slash and stuff. However, it's just his side of the story, not the absolute truth. I have no idea where the truth is but it takes two people to mess up a relationship and make it as bitter as it seems from both sides.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2008, 02:47:21 AM »

I wonder if Axl will do an OFFICIAL interview as well.  I want to hear more about this BETTER music video coming!!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2008, 02:53:07 AM »

I absolutely loved this read and really believe Axl's story is more of the truth.  With that said however, nobody knows the truth unless you were around the band at the time!  so quite giving people who say that "just because Axl said it, doesn't mean it's true", and "the truth lies somewhere in the middle" shit!!!  Do you know for sure?

Yes, I believe Axl's side more though and this is why.....

"The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle

However, Slash has already exposed himself as being full of it in numerous instances, simply by completely changing his story on a number of things.  Example:  in his autobiography he claimed that him leaving had nothing to do with musical direction.  But in 1995 he was talking about how Axl was all into Pearl Jam and wanted to do songs like that, and how he hated that music.  He says that Axl rejected his songs because he wasn't into them musically.  So which is it?

All along Axl has maintained that he was perfectly willing to do an Appetite style album, and the reason that didn't happen is because Slash refused to let him have any say or input in the songs.  He has never wavered from that, while Slash's story has changed repeatedly.

Then you have the whole 4AM incident.  Where Slash first claims he never went to Axl's house.  Then admitted he went, but only to talk about legal matters.  Then admitted he went because he wanted to clear the air and apologize to Axl.  The guy is full of it.  He changes his story like he changes clothes

Meanwhile Axl's accounts, even though they haven't been frequent, have always been consistent.  Not to mention Slash was a full fledged alcoholic and drug addict in those days, so how clear can his recollection of most events actually be?"

This is a quote from someone earlier in this thread and I agree and think this argument is dead on!!

It's also nice to finally hear Axl's side after hearing such a one sided story from Slash, Duff, and Matt so much!  This is only going to help Axl with the press, fans, critics, etc.  I can't wait till he gets out there and lets even more people know his side like he said he was going to do over the next month or so.  

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2008, 02:59:28 AM »

Then you have the whole 4AM incident.  Where Slash first claims he never went to Axl's house.  Then admitted he went, but only to talk about legal matters.  Then admitted he went because he wanted to clear the air and apologize to Axl.  The guy is full of it.  He changes his story like he changes clothes
You know... Most likely Slash tried to cover his ass with a white lie because it was a bit awkward situation as he was/is in Velvet Revolver.  Grin

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2008, 03:01:38 AM »

Wow, fuck, amazing.

First thoughts, with the second being Fuck Slash! What a cock.

Guns N' Fucking Roses Forever!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Chief
Legend

« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2008, 03:01:47 AM »

Well he did say that there were some interviews coming at a later time, so that should be pretty interesting and something to look forward to for sure!

I wonder if Axl will do an OFFICIAL interview as well.  I want to hear more about this BETTER music video coming!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2008, 03:03:07 AM »

I didn't think Slash sounded bitter in his book - I thought he said what he had to say in a fairly civil manner.  I thought.  Maybe Axl is defending himself, here, but it took a lot of years to even start talking.  Yeah, it's great to hear his side.  It is. 

Kind of, basically, we've heard the same kind of stories from 4 or 5 other bandmembers who were involved in the "old" Guns.  And all of them eventually left.  I'm not saying Slash is the great truth-teller, here, either.  I'm just sayin', from what I've picked up, over the years, that there seems to be much more commonalities told from several others.             

There we go again....Miss "Slash is cool" and "The truth is probably somewhere in the middle"..... Sad

It's part of Slash's strategy to appear as he does in his book....If so many "Guns fans" like yourself and younggunner were left with the impression that Slash only said nice things about Axl and/or "the truth", then his well-thought schematic tone in the book has achieved its purpose. Not to mention, he got plenty of good advice on how to sound in a "bestseller" by somebody else.

What Axl wrote was unplanned, spontaneous, and honest direct communication with the fans. Had he written this in a book, he may have chosen his words a lot more carefully and appealing (to some). But then again, maybe that's not what he wants. And if this is the truth, which I personally always believed to be, then why make it sound differently when it is what it is. Deal with it.

If you are honestly a Guns and Axl fan, ask yourself why would you doubt his statements when they are solely in response to satisfy and answer fans' questions (for which by the way we should be first and foremost grateful), and NOT to sell books or anything else of personal interest. In fact, posting like this on message boards and answering much of everything, including complicated legally subjects as this, could actually expose more venues to explore for the greedy individuals mentioned who like to use any and all opportunities to jump in legally for financial and other self interest.

Actually, the truth is somewhere in the middle.  There's no one side to this, at all.  I don't think Slash lives his life with a "strategy" no more than the rest of us do, and I don't believe that everything that he wrote in his book was THE TRUTH.  It was his side of it, and I'm sure he did get plenty of advice on how to sound, there.   

I totally agree that what Axl has written is completely unplanned, spontaneous, and direct communication and that if it were written in a book, words might have been chosen more carefully and he would have gotten advice on how to sound.  He didn't and that's fine.  However, it's his side of things, however done and stated.  Bottom line.  I respect his words, as well, but just because he said it doesn't make it the absolute truth.

Why would I "doubt" his statements?  I never said I did.  It's just his version, that's all.  Whether it's to answer fan's questions or to answer some interviewer's questions, it doesn't make it anymore the truth than anything else does.  It was simply his honest answers to questions, based on his version of things.  Just like anyone else. 

I am a Guns fan, from way back, and that includes Axl.  Just because he answered things, here, doesn't make it anymore the truth.  It doesn't make anyone else greedy or self-interested. 

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2008, 03:10:27 AM »

I just quickly scanned this topic after slowly reading Axl's post and I can not believe some of 'the fans' ... the truth is somewhere in the middle? ... for all those that think so, go and read again what Axl wrote, word by word... and than contemplate ... or just F.O. ...

thanks Axl for speaking ... amazing read Smiley

velimir
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2008, 03:11:27 AM »

Absolutely fascinating.

I think this answers a lot of people's questions, and should stop a lot of people's ill informed views being spouted left, right and centre.

Why?  What ill-informed views?  So, he answered the questions, which it's time he should have, and I am grateful - finally - to hear his side.  That does not make the other views ill-informed.      
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2008, 03:15:12 AM »

I just quickly scanned this topic after slowly reading Axl's post and I can not believe some of 'the fans' ... the truth is somewhere in the middle? ... for all those that think so, go and read again what Axl wrote, word by word... and than contemplate ... or just F.O. ...

thanks Axl for speaking ... amazing read Smiley

velimir

I did read it.  Maybe I should read it, again, slowly, word by word, and then contemplate.  But I won't fuck off. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2008, 03:22:18 AM »

Absolutely fascinating.

Why?  What ill-informed views?  So, he answered the questions, which it's time he should have, and I am grateful - finally - to hear his side.  That does not make the other views ill-informed.      

you slashites will never give Axl his due.   he is on these boards telling his story finally and the same people who complained that Axl never spoke are now making him out to be a liar.  unreal.
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2008, 03:22:46 AM »

for all those that think so, go and read again what Axl wrote, word by word... and than contemplate ... or just F.O. ...

Ridiculous.

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2008, 03:24:17 AM »

Who cares about a MTV interview or a Rolling Stone article... is that what would make a interview "official"? I think it gets pretty official when you get to hear about something almost on a daily basis now from the horses mouth. I am perfectly fine with Axl never giving those schemers a chance to make a buck. This is a way better deal all news and answers comes from the horses mouth to the fans... no bullshit middle man... media shit storm. The answers are real and they will not get blown out of proportion like if they were on a MTV or in a Rolling Stone. I like this stuff better and truly shows that Axl is not a bad guy and that some things have to play out before you can get answers. I appreciate what Slash has done for GNR but, I don't know how some people needed to be told about Slash... this helps put things in perspective but, think about it Slash always has had some sort of ego and likes paydays... he is the one with a book, always trying to sell you some crap with his commercials over the years for the likes of  Volkswagen??? really come on and Master Card and Guitar Hero... the guy always has to have his face out there and on tv for whatever reasons... I rather listen to the music of someone that people say, "sits in his mansion in recluse and pisses his life away" (which I find just hilarious) than someone that is always plugging something and living off his glory days. That to me shows who is really in it for the art... a man that needs not make a appearance or a guy that you give a payday or stroke his ego can show up in probably 20 minutes or less. Plus Slash loves to cause a media spectacle and and when is the last time you ever seen Axl on a late show stirring the pot? I just appreciate that Axl has kept in classy. Slash always has came off as a guy that plays par guitar and has a schemer attitude. I will thank him for his November Rain solo but, that is about it.

PS Slash you were a lame Guitar Hero Challenge... hah.

Cos I'm A Human Being...
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2008, 03:25:06 AM »

you slashites will never give Axl his due.   he is on these boards telling his story finally and the same people who complained that Axl never spoke are now making him out to be a liar.  unreal.

None of this applies to Lynn, so I think it's unfair for you to use this argument in regards to her. She isn't "making him out to be a liar" nor has she ever complained about Axl's perceived silence. She's simply saying that there are two sides to the story and then there is the truth, which is accurate.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2008, 03:32:17 AM »

Absolutely fascinating.

I NEVER said Axl was a liar, Jim Bob.  Never.  He is on these boards telling his story - finally.  I'm very glad to hear it.  His version and side of things.  He's telling his story, finally, and on the forums.  That's awesome.  I welcome it.  I do give him his due.  All I'm saying is I don't like the fact that his side of the story is being touted, by some, to be the absolute truth of all.  It's no more the absolute truth than what Slash's version was.  That's all.  Don't give me that bullshit!      
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: