Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 10:52:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 99658 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2008, 12:35:20 AM »

He said he understood if people were a fan of a certain lineup. so if Axl is ok with it? how come u can't be?

Is that your excuse for bashing the band and praising the old line up?

Even a supposed geeky idiot nazi like myself understands that some of you prefer the old band. That still doesn't mean that I have to let those of you who do, ruin every other thread that has nothing to do with the old band or your beloved reunion.

So your "Axl understands that I love the old band" excuse doesn't really work here. Sorry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2008, 12:40:02 AM »

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2008, 12:40:32 AM »

It was cool to read how much the "nugnr" were really supportive of Axl by defending him when the whole media were portraying Axl in such a negative way, and how Axl enjoys playing with the current guns so much Cheesy

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2008, 12:41:19 AM »

Gonna be funny to see an of army former Axl bashers turned Axl asskissers on the web after this saying what some of us have been saying all along...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2008, 12:47:26 AM »

First off - I'm not an ass-kisser OR a basher. 

But do you really think the band name/legal issues are so black and white?  It still comes down to who you believe, and people will believe whatever story suits them. 

Axl's story was a great read, but really doesn't change anything.  The Axl doubters will still not believe it, and the ass-kissers will say "see, I told you so." Not sure how we'll ever find out the true side of the story.  Like anything else, it's probably somewhere in-between.

However, it WAS great to hear the other side of the story.  Gave us a lot to think about, from a perspective that was never heard before.   ok

dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2008, 12:47:59 AM »

Axl really has responded. How many years have we wondered about his side of the story.

He didn't sell these answers in a book or a publicized magazine interview. He gave them to us for free.

Pretty inspiring.

Exactly!
People should think about it...

Nowadays, people always try to sell their two cents as much and as many times as possible (and the recent Madoff scandal is here to remind us that that kind of greedy speculative behavior isn't that great at all, is it?), and that's exactly what most of Axl Rose's detractors never hesitate to do. In the mean time, the person those so-called respectable gentlemen and self-proclaimed "innocent victims" like to depict as a sell-out just gives us for free what he could have made tons of money off the sale, had he chosen to go the easy way...

Anyway, I'm not here to judge anybody or to kiss some ass. I just think people, or at least the fans, should give it some thought.
As far as I am concerned, as a fan, I am just happy and proud, thanks to the quality of the music and to the consistency of the overall artistic process.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2008, 12:49:18 AM »

Thank you for being Axl and GNR!!

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2008, 12:58:21 AM »

Epic read.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2008, 12:59:45 AM »

Axl really has responded. How many years have we wondered about his side of the story.

He didn't sell these answers in a book or a publicized magazine interview. He gave them to us for free.

Pretty inspiring.

Exactly!
People should think about it...

Nowadays, people always try to sell their two cents as much and as many times as possible (and the recent Madoff scandal is here to remind us that that kind of greedy speculative behavior isn't that great at all, is it?), and that's exactly what most of Axl Rose's detractors never hesitate to do. In the mean time, the person those so-called respectable gentlemen and self-proclaimed "innocent victims" like to depict as a sell-out just gives us for free what he could have made tons of money off the sale, had he chosen to go the easy way...

Anyway, I'm not here to judge anybody or to kiss some ass. I just think people, or at least the fans, should give it some thought.
As far as I am concerned, as a fan, I am just happy and proud, thanks to the quality of the music and to the consistency of the overall artistic process.

Like I used to say, Axl is the last true rockstar and one of the few celebrities in the world with true artistic integrity. Cool
What'd I tell ya? Tongue

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2008, 01:16:47 AM »

Wow  Shocked Shocked Shocked

What a great end of the year it has been -  CD and now Axl's story. Great reading.

My question for Axl - WTF r u not out drilling supermodels every night like I imagined  Cry Cry Cry
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2008, 01:17:18 AM »

He must have posted this on mygnr because that bored is overly negative about this partiuclar issue, even some of the mods.   

Hopefully he changes some fools minds.. or at least makes them second guess their $la$h bias.

And hopefully he comes back here and talks about the current lineup of GnR more and the future!   beer

U have obviously never posted on Mygnr.com

they had a big fat 80 page reunion thread

a thread on how Contraband was better than CD

so.......... find another excuse dude, don't blame us Roll Eyes

If axl has proven anything from these chats, its that he accepts everything and is able to deal and handle it himself. He said he understood if people were a fan of a certain lineup. so if Axl is ok with it? how come u can't be?

next time try reading my post.

mygnr is a cesspool of negativity.    I can't believe some of the comments I'm seeing in that very thread.
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2008, 01:19:31 AM »

How awesome is this. Axl giving us the skinny; fuck all the bullshit.

Again, it's very awesome of him to touch base with all of us like this and shed light on things, and answer so many questions. A great read, and many things that needed to be said. Thanks for taking the time and hanging with us, Axl.

Maybe you'll stick around? peace
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2008, 01:19:56 AM »

I always knew that fucking tophat wearing fuck was a liar.
I think we all knew that Axl was the honest one all this time.

Kind of paints the others in a different light now that the truth has finally come out.

Major thanks to Axl for sharing.

wow!!!!
i have been waiting for ages for his version of the breakup....and now totally unexpected and out of the blue Axl just officially "released" some of this in a fan forum for free?!!!
this statement and his will to give insight in all this means so much more to me than the new album!
in fact i'm that blown away that i'll have to read and analyze that the next hours again and again, allready printed it out!!
i'll have to drop work tomorrow  hihi
I think in the same way like you... finally Axl clears any shit around GN'R and shut up some curly-hairy asses
and the best thing is that he was the one who wrote it, it wasn't manipulated by any magazine, journalist or shits like that
thanx u Axl for everything!!!!!!!!!! this is DA SHIT hihi

8 pages is a lot to read through, so I skimmed through and picked a few quotes.

I think it's very naive to assume that just because Axl said it, it makes it all so true and makes Slash a liar.  It's simply his side of the story, from his perspective.  The other guys have a side of the story, which is their own perspective.  Obviously things, very sadly, broke down, for whatever reason - and everyone has their own version.  Axl is not the Almighty God, here, either.  

Personally, I enjoyed the whole read and am very happy to see Axl finally talking about everything, as to how he feels.  He should have done it long ago.  I think it's an awesome thing that he's posting on the forums and opening up about his whole side.  

However, I thought he did sound bitter, as someone else, much earlier here, commented as well.  Not meaning to make a whole argument out of that.  It's only a statement about what I thought.  He sounds very bitter towards Slash.  Comments made by some of the "old" Guns are much more civil towards Axl.  

Once again, though, it's one side of the story here - not the almighty, be-all, end-all truth.  Neither was Slash's book.  

I just think it's very sad that so much animosity has resulted amongst a group of guys who came together and made one of the all time greatest albums in rock n' roll history.    
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2008, 01:36:14 AM »

Holy crap!  I've got to go to bed.  But I just got done reading that and that was certainly some of the most gripping stuff I've ever read.  It's great to finally hear Axl's side of the story.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2008, 01:43:20 AM »

Kind of paints the others in a different light now that the truth has finally come out.

wow!!!!
i have been waiting for ages for his version of the breakup....and now totally unexpected and out of the blue Axl just officially "released" some of this in a fan forum for free?!!!
this statement and his will to give insight in all this means so much more to me than the new album!
in fact i'm that blown away that i'll have to read and analyze that the next hours again and again, allready printed it out!!
I think in the same way like you... finally Axl clears any shit around GN'R and shut up some curly-hairy asses
and the best thing is that he was the one who wrote it, it wasn't manipulated by any magazine, journalist or shits like that

I think it's very naive to assume that just because Axl said it, it makes it all so true and makes Slash a liar.  It's simply his side of the story, from his perspective.  The other guys have a side of the story, which is their own perspective.  Obviously things, very sadly, broke down, for whatever reason - and everyone has their own version.  Axl is not the Almighty God, here, either.  

Personally, I enjoyed the whole read and am very happy to see Axl finally talking about everything, as to how he feels.  He should have done it long ago.  I think it's an awesome thing that he's posting on the forums and opening up about his whole side.  

However, I thought he did sound bitter, as someone else, much earlier here, commented as well.  Not meaning to make a whole argument out of that.  It's only a statement about what I thought.  He sounds very bitter towards Slash.  Comments made by some of the "old" Guns are much more civil towards Axl.  

Once again, though, it's one side of the story here - not the almighty, be-all, end-all truth.  Neither was Slash's book.  

I just think it's very sad that so much animosity has resulted amongst a group of guys who came together and made one of the all time greatest albums in rock n' roll history.    
I hear you Lynn and you're absolutely right, it's just one side of the story.  BUT, you say Axl sounds bitter?  Did Slash not sound bitter countless times in his autobiobraphy talking about Axl?  I love Slash, but he sure said a fair amount of crap about Axl in his book.  Axl's defending himself here, can you expect anything less?  It was a messy breakup and it apparently hasn't gotten any less messy over the years.  Hopefully Axl finally gettin his side of the story out there could possibly cool things off a bit.  (Though I kind of doubt that).  Either way, way to go Axl!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2008, 01:48:02 AM »

It's great to hear Axl's side of the story. I never fully bought Slash's, Duff's or Matt's side. But when it's 3 against none(since Axl never spoke about it) people bought into it. I'm glad he kept the name... gawd... I would hate Guns N Roses if it became the shit that Velvet Revolver is. lol... can you imagine Axl singing "fall to pieces"... it would sound better... it's still a gay ass song tho.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2008, 02:02:27 AM »

wow!!!!

I hear you Lynn and you're absolutely right, it's just one side of the story.  BUT, you say Axl sounds bitter?  Did Slash not sound bitter countless times in his autobiobraphy talking about Axl?  I love Slash, but he sure said a fair amount of crap about Axl in his book.  Axl's defending himself here, can you expect anything less?  It was a messy breakup and it apparently hasn't gotten any less messy over the years.  Hopefully Axl finally gettin his side of the story out there could possibly cool things off a bit.  (Though I kind of doubt that).  Either way, way to go Axl!

I didn't think Slash sounded bitter in his book - I thought he said what he had to say in a fairly civil manner.  I thought.  Maybe Axl is defending himself, here, but it took a lot of years to even start talking.  Yeah, it's great to hear his side.  It is. 

Kind of, basically, we've heard the same kind of stories from 4 or 5 other bandmembers who were involved in the "old" Guns.  And all of them eventually left.  I'm not saying Slash is the great truth-teller, here, either.  I'm just sayin', from what I've picked up, over the years, that there seems to be much more commonalities told from several others.             
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2008, 02:05:33 AM »

wow!!!!

I don't think he sounded bitter at all towards Slash.  No more bitter than Slash sounded towards Axl in his book.  I think there is probably a lot of truth to what Axl is saying.  I do mean a lot as far as how the ownership of the name came about and how it did not and what his motivations were for keeping the name and continuing to use it.

Ali
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2008, 02:07:18 AM »

I'm really likin Axl's homework.  It's keeping me from doing some stuff due for my job...hahaha.  It explains a lot and I'm glad Axl/Dexter posted it.  Now bring back Buckethead/Brain and we'll be on top again!
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2008, 02:18:41 AM »

I didn't think Slash sounded bitter in his book - I thought he said what he had to say in a fairly civil manner.  I thought.  Maybe Axl is defending himself, here, but it took a lot of years to even start talking.  Yeah, it's great to hear his side.  It is. 

Kind of, basically, we've heard the same kind of stories from 4 or 5 other bandmembers who were involved in the "old" Guns.  And all of them eventually left.  I'm not saying Slash is the great truth-teller, here, either.  I'm just sayin', from what I've picked up, over the years, that there seems to be much more commonalities told from several others.             

There we go again....Miss "Slash is cool" and "The truth is probably somewhere in the middle"..... Sad

It's part of Slash's strategy to appear as he does in his book....If so many "Guns fans" like yourself and younggunner were left with the impression that Slash only said nice things about Axl and/or "the truth", then his well-thought schematic tone in the book has achieved its purpose. Not to mention, he got plenty of good advice on how to sound in a "bestseller" by somebody else.

What Axl wrote was unplanned, spontaneous, and honest direct communication with the fans. Had he written this in a book, he may have chosen his words a lot more carefully and appealing (to some). But then again, maybe that's not what he wants. And if this is the truth, which I personally always believed to be, then why make it sound differently when it is what it is. Deal with it.

If you are honestly a Guns and Axl fan, ask yourself why would you doubt his statements when they are solely in response to satisfy and answer fans' questions (for which by the way we should be first and foremost grateful), and NOT to sell books or anything else of personal interest. In fact, posting like this on message boards and answering much of everything, including complicated legally subjects as this, could actually expose more venues to explore for the greedy individuals mentioned who like to use any and all opportunities to jump in legally for financial and other self interest.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: