Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 11:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 99662 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »

The reason that always comes back to me when Im asked or just ponder on my own as to why I am a huge fan of Axl is because of how real he is. Hard to explain but the guy is the epitome of cool, without sacrificing an ounce or coming across as anything other than genuine.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Princess Leia
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »

Huge explanation about several things besides the name GN'R. Great read!

Thanks a lot Axl

Grin

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 07:04:32 PM »

Nice to hear Axl's side of the story. I always wondered about that whole "He wouldn't go onstage unless we gave him the name" claim by Slash. It always seemed so ludicrous to me.

Remember the truth is always somewhere in the middle, It's human nature to make one look better than they actually are(this goes both ways, the whole axl vs slash thing...)

Anyway I still think it's amazing that Axl is actually doing this for the fans.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 07:04:44 PM »

Can't describe how i fell. Thank you Axl. And fuck the haters. You've been proven wrong.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 07:07:58 PM »

Obviously it took Axl a very long time to write this, he didn't have to do it, but he did!

agreed, one of many reasons to be blown away by this.  Totally awesome and classy.  Wonder if the media will pick up on it.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 07:08:12 PM »

Really enjoyed readin that. Thanks Axl, you wanna get this stuff on paper dude. I'd fuckin' buy it  ok In all seriousness though, it's great he's doin this for the fans, i get a sense he's gettin a kick out of this too though which is cool!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 07:10:05 PM »

An axl autobiography would be beyond cool.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 07:10:34 PM »

Axl:

People love sayin' that middle trip. Easy to say but not so easy to prove.

Unfortunately it's not in the middle and I can back up every last line in my bit or I wouldn't be here.

You love his work and whatever else. More power to you!

And no, I'm not bitter at least in the sense of how you used it conveys. Felt good gettin' some of that off my chest and as I said that's just the tip.

If that's your honest impression it's definitely not rose colored lenses you're wearing. And I looked up the definition of bitter once in a pocket dictionary and got "having anger at something unjust or evil". I'm not angry but when I am with this particular someone who I thought was once my friend... the definition fits.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 07:13:41 PM »

Remember the truth is always somewhere in the middle

Quote from: Axl
Then you have the mind twisting equally as true horseshit in Slash?s book but I have the rehearsal tapes.

Try to twist that around.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cpaxlvacy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »

hey jarmo is Axl going to answer some more questions from this board? theres the other thread with people asking some questions...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 07:15:57 PM »

I always knew that fucking tophat wearing fuck was a liar.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 07:16:18 PM »

I think we all knew that Axl was the honest one all this time.

Kind of paints the others in a different light now that the truth has finally come out.

Major thanks to Axl for sharing.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Pine Barrens
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 07:17:35 PM »

Nice to hear Axl's side of the story. I always wondered about that whole "He wouldn't go onstage unless we gave him the name" claim by Slash. It always seemed so ludicrous to me.

Remember the truth is always somewhere in the middle, It's human nature to make one look better than they actually are(this goes both ways, the whole axl vs slash thing...)

Anyway I still think it's amazing that Axl is actually doing this for the fans.

Like I've said before, I don't take sides on personal issues between people I don't even know. But from a purely legal standpoint, this particular issue (deciding ownership of the name) has always interested me. I've heard Slash's account and now I've read Axl's, and Axl's seems to make more sense to me.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 07:20:53 PM »

wow, this is gonna give slash a bad day tomorrow!

thanks Axl.

i can't believe i can actually thank Axl for something like this, i'm really diggin the New Axl  ok

Chinese Democracy!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 07:22:03 PM »

I hope this gets public really fast and the whole world, including the douchebag called Slash, can read it.

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »

amazing to read all that.

thanks Axl for posting up your side of the story.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 07:22:34 PM »

Interesting stuff - the last few days have been a hell of a ride.

Completely agree with the point that this was given to us for free by someone that did not in anyway have to share.  Thanks to Axl.

Gunzen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »

I keep saying to myself that Axl was convicted in the court of Public Opinion based solely on the fact that he never spoke out.

His response seems so much more logical than anything else as well.

One wonders why Axl waited this long to explain his side, but I am glad he did.  I read Slash's book, and found it entertaining but a bit self indulgent and contary to things he had said in the past.  I would love for this all to just go away now and maybe Axl can just occupy his time dropping more music.

Thanks Axl, and I am a huge fan of F1 as well, do you follow MotoGP?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 07:22:59 PM »

It's fascinating and clears up a lot of smoke and mirrors to have Axl candidly and precisely tell his side of events, and more importantly his current feelings on them. I'm really enjoying these discussions/essays/whatever, and we're getting a clearer picture here than we would from any magazine/TV interview. It feels like this is all part of the big pay-off for the fans who've been loyal and believed since 1994.

And there goes the challenger...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »

damn that was so long its strained my eyes reading it all.

Cool stuff, at times it gets a lil lost and confusing. But it when it made sense it was great to hear Axls side of the story.

html sucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: