Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:51:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?  (Read 15433 times)
Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »

Honest answer?

When I brought Chinese Democracy and took it back to my car.  Sitting in my car, in a town center care park, I cried.  Just a little.  Then I really cried after the first listen.  I felt so happy that I finally had the one thing I'd spent so long waiting for, and I was so happy that it was so good.

If you don't believe in yourself, don't expect others to.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2009, 12:53:51 PM »

tears of joy.
yep we also cry when we're too happy. aren't we complicated?
Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

Hell yes.  Joy abounding.

However, also cry (with anger) at all the people putting Chinese Democracy down simply because of who is / isn't in the band.  It makes me so mad when people refer to Guns N' Roses in the past tense.  People who claim to be Guns N Roses 'fans' but refuse to accept the old lineup.  Surely if someone doesn't like the line-up, then they're no longer a fan.  It is, in fact the fan who is in the past tense, not the band.

Then I read somewhere (think it was on another forum), that Prostitute was basically Axl's goodbye and that we'll never hear from him again.  No more albums, no tour etc.....

So then I cried for a different reason.

btw, I also cry at TIL, Prostitute, and Street of Dreams sometimes makes me cry too.

My life is an emotional rollercoaster  Smiley

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2009, 01:43:40 PM »

Then I read somewhere (think it was on another forum), that Prostitute was basically Axl's goodbye and that we'll never hear from him again.  No more albums, no tour etc.....

So then I cried for a different reason.

hey don't get maudlin for such stupid lies.
for the record we heard from dexter.
Annie
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »

It really makes me want to cry sometimes that more people do not realize what a masterpiece this CD truly Cry is.
Padmasana
Headliner

King of Beers

« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »

I haven't cried... but I had a guitargasm when I heard the Finck/Bucket interplay throughout the album. Quite astonishing at times. I am now working my way through slowly learning all the solos and riffs that my primitive blues-rock guitar style can handle!  Grin

Funny how everything was Roses when we held onto the Guns...
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »

a bit off topic, but does anyone know if there was a metallica thread, on a forum, that was like 'what part of death magnetic made you cry'
just throwing that out there as i really dont think that would exist
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:51:00 PM by Brundle25 » Logged
Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2009, 04:55:27 PM »

It really makes me want to cry sometimes that more people do not realize what a masterpiece this CD truly Cry is.

I know. I've had several conversations with people who said that Chinese Democracy is crap without the ex-members.  It then turns out they haven't even heard any of the album.  I can feel  the hot tears of anger at the thought of those conversations.  Angry

Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2009, 05:07:05 PM »

Then I read somewhere (think it was on another forum), that Prostitute was basically Axl's goodbye.

I know, but at the time I'd endured a fair bit of Chi Dem bashing, and even my solid beliefs were beginning to take a bit of a battering.  

However, have since moved away from said forum and am hoping I have now joined a forum that truly appreciates and believes in Guns N' Roses. Refuse to cry over unsubstansiated lies anymore.

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2009, 10:20:57 PM »

Then I read somewhere (think it was on another forum), that Prostitute was basically Axl's goodbye.

I know, but at the time I'd endured a fair bit of Chi Dem bashing, and even my solid beliefs were beginning to take a bit of a battering.  

However, have since moved away from said forum and am hoping I have now joined a forum that truly appreciates and believes in Guns N' Roses. Refuse to cry over unsubstansiated lies anymore.
O trust me u wont have to deal with that bullshit here

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2009, 10:47:34 PM »

I know. I've had several conversations with people who said that Chinese Democracy is crap without the ex-members.  It then turns out they haven't even heard any of the album.  I can feel  the hot tears of anger at the thought of those conversations.  Angry

i could see the making me cry too.  but i actually went so far as to play the music for my FORMER friends and they still trashed it and said it sucked.  okay, being ignorant - that's one thing.  but to outright lie to my face.  yeah, some friends.  but ultimately you just have to let it roll off your back because some people just like to be dicks and try to tear others down.  they live in a sad and narrow world and i feel sorry for them.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »

I did not cry, but I was embarrassed when listening to This I Love because it is so raw and open in its emotion. It takes tremendous courage to put yourself out there  and expose yourself to the world like that.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »

I didn't cry at all. But I did feel really emotional when listening to THis I Love

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »

I didn't cry at all. But I did feel really emotional when listening to THis I Love

but you said

I just love Catcher in the Rye, This I Love, If The World...it really doesn't take a lot to make me cry
Padmasana
Headliner

King of Beers

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2009, 03:22:27 PM »

In other news, I let out a 'lol' when I heard 'gonna call the President' in I.R.S. just now... there were 3 US Presidents in office, 2 of which were elected to 2 terms, in the time between UYI and CD... So who was Axl gonna call?  hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »

In other news, I let out a 'lol' when I heard 'gonna call the President' in I.R.S. just now... there were 3 US Presidents in office, 2 of which were elected to 2 terms, in the time between UYI and CD... So who was Axl gonna call?  hihi

mr bush mr clinton and who?
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »

Wow, you are some emotional people.

I havent even come close to crying from anything on the album, but then again I dont have much to cry about there days anyway  Lighten up people!

Same here ok  I don't think any music has ever made me cry - not even when I was 15 and records were the most important thing in the world and were a blueprint for how to live your life...

but i actually went so far as to play the music for my FORMER friends and they still trashed it and said it sucked.  okay, being ignorant - that's one thing.  but to outright lie to my face.  yeah, some friends.

You know, people are allowed to just not like it.  Wouldn't life suck if everyone had the same opinions?

they live in a sad and narrow world and i feel sorry for them.

Ho hum.

You are on the wind up, yeah?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Padmasana
Headliner

King of Beers

« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2009, 07:00:35 PM »

mr bush mr clinton and who?

Bush Snr, Clinton, Bush Jnr.

iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »

The most emotional bits for me are:
the solo section from CITR - just cos it's so awesome and sounds classic, really reminds me why I love GN'R so much
the strings ending to Prostitute, cos it's just beautiful and it really sums up the end of something so immense as 'CD' - like it's just a release of all those years of work
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2009, 03:13:49 PM »

I'm glad that you people feel the same way about chinese democracy as I do. I haven't posed here probably in years. I once spent a significant amount of time refreshing this website repeatedly waiting waiting waiting....... and then I stopped waiting and started living my life and while I never forgot about GNR or chinese democracy I was no longer waiting. and one day, I heard that chinese democracy was coming out. I couldn't believe it, and got it at first opportunity. At first listen my plan was to study and listen to it at the same time. but I simply couldnt, it completely overwhelmed me..... all the nostalgia... all the waiting.. all the imagining, all the anticipation, and I couldn't even imagine a greater finished product. To me it's an accumulation of things..... but upon listening to it I was completely transfixed and nothing else might as well have existed. To this day I think the best way to listen to it is with my eyes closed. It's very overpowering, overwhelming... all these years, have accumulated to this..... And I felt like it filled me with something that I hadn't felt in years... it's cathartic. Street of Dreams makes me cry... mostly the vocal acrobatics that are just filled with years worth of emotions, of honesty... its says more to be than words ever could, expresses things words could not adequately express. There was a time. This I love. The end of prostitute  as well.... "Where would you go if I told you I loved you and then walked away?" certainly the wait was worth it, even though I stopped waiting I never forgot......... sometimes one waits in vain, or waits for something that does not live up to the expectations one has in one's mind. but this, it was almost a reminder that some things that seem impossibility,  sometimes you can have everything you've hoped for if only you are patient. i'm glad i participated in the GNR story, followed the legacy, watched it unfold and it was everything i was hoping for.
and sometimes things you don't expect to ever happen, sometimes they do. and thank you GNR for reminding me of that because it's very inspirational. 

robots.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: