Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:38:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?  (Read 15323 times)
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2009, 05:04:49 AM »

Pussies!  Grin

I didn't cry by listening to chinese democracy, but I do like TIL and it's a very emotional song...but crying is for me way too much.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2009, 08:40:06 AM »

This I Love had me shedding a tear or two, or three or four, or maybe even more. Why? Well, when I was a teenager I fell in love with this girl. Now, back then I wasnt popular with the girls. I had long black hair and was extremely shy... And this girl came into my life and showed interest in me. We ended up holding each other and kissing each other during the nights and holding hands during the day (in secret because our parents were friends and she would often spend the night at our place and we were afraid she wouldnt be allowed to do this if our parents knew that we had feelings for each other). Anyway, she was only here visiting for five weeks over the Australian Christmas holidays and she eventually had to go home with her parents. Man, I cried like Id never cried before when she left, and even though we wrote to each other, we never ended up getting back together even though we tried to save money to travel and see each other. We ended up losing touch and she fell pregnant and married someone else...

Well, after such a long-ish story, the reason why TIL effects me so much is because its exactly how I felt back in the weeks after she left, and how I felt from time to time since.

As for GnR and emo... I think some of GnR's tunes could be seen as emo, considering that emo is simply songs that bring those deep emotions out in people. Estranged is definately emo and so Dead Horse. Not a bad thing though. However TIL is definately NOT emo, its more Broadway IMHO.
thats a great story man sorry bout the girl but for your sake please stop callin GNR songs emo k

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2009, 10:35:22 AM »

The last two verses of 'The Blues' are very touchy (the 'has cost more than it should for me' part and 'what I thought was beautiful is all in memories' part) and whole of 'This I Love' of course. TIL is the most emotional GnR song ever.
'Sorry' made me cry too, but that was out of happiness. 'To hell with the pressure, I am not caving in' and 'I kicked your ass like I said that I would, biatch'. It's a personal thing  hihi

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »

thats a great story man sorry bout the girl but for your sake please stop callin GNR songs emo k

easy.  like 'metal' or 'glam' people got different definitions of emo and as jarrod said he considers emo as songs that bring deep emotions out in people. he didn't mean anything negative.  Smiley
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2009, 02:20:16 PM »

This album has made me do nothing but smile 

Is everyone really crying (like actual tears) as they listen to it, or are we talking more in the figurative sense?

Chinese Democracy =  Grin ...  Not  Cry
GIMH
Opening Act

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2009, 03:59:05 PM »

This I Love got to me a bit, going through a serious break-up at the time (still am, tttt), "I hoped she'd never leave me, dear God you must believe me", I was like - yeah, and it made me sad  Cry
Annie
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2009, 07:49:26 PM »

This I Love had me shedding a tear or two, or three or four, or maybe even more. Why? Well, when I was a teenager I fell in love with this girl. Now, back then I wasnt popular with the girls. I had long black hair and was extremely shy... And this girl came into my life and showed interest in me. We ended up holding each other and kissing each other during the nights and holding hands during the day (in secret because our parents were friends and she would often spend the night at our place and we were afraid she wouldnt be allowed to do this if our parents knew that we had feelings for each other). Anyway, she was only here visiting for five weeks over the Australian Christmas holidays and she eventually had to go home with her parents. Man, I cried like Id never cried before when she left, and even though we wrote to each other, we never ended up getting back together even though we tried to save money to travel and see each other. We ended up losing touch and she fell pregnant and married someone else...

Well, after such a long-ish story, the reason why TIL effects me so much is because its exactly how I felt back in the weeks after she left, and how I felt from time to time since.

As for GnR and emo... I think some of GnR's tunes could be seen as emo, considering that emo is simply songs that bring those deep emotions out in people. Estranged is definately emo and so Dead Horse. Not a bad thing though. However TIL is definately NOT emo, its more Broadway IMHO.
Beautiful story man. TIL does not make me cry because it makes me think of Edward Cullen in the TWILIGHT saga.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2009, 11:24:47 PM »

Beautiful story man. TIL does not make me cry because it makes me think of Edward Cullen in the TWILIGHT saga.

enough with the twilight - this I love bullshit.
Good fuckin god.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2009, 01:43:57 AM »

most of the long screams make me cry.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Annie
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2009, 10:51:21 AM »

enough with the twilight - this I love bullshit.
Good fuckin god.
BITE ME!!!!!!(But only if you are as hot as Robert Pattinson! hihi)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:48:39 PM by Annie » Logged
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2009, 11:10:11 AM »

IRS actually got me a little teary eyed the other day.  i just kept thinking about how angry and hurt axl must be to want to call the irs and the fbi on someone.  whoever wronged him must have been a real asshole for him to want to unleash the dogs that way.  when teh song got to the kinda quiet part that's short, i imagined axl taking a deep breath and trying to calm himself down, but then launching right back into the fury!  i just thought wow, it must be so exhausting to be that mad at somebody, even if they deserved it by being a disloyal liar who tried to ruin axl. 
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2009, 11:28:51 AM »

IRS actually got me a little teary eyed the other day.  i just kept thinking about how angry and hurt axl must be to want to call the irs and the fbi on someone.  whoever wronged him must have been a real asshole for him to want to unleash the dogs that way.  when teh song got to the kinda quiet part that's short, i imagined axl taking a deep breath and trying to calm himself down, but then launching right back into the fury!  i just thought wow, it must be so exhausting to be that mad at somebody, even if they deserved it by being a disloyal liar who tried to ruin axl. 

haha is there a song on CD you have not cried to???  You get very deep into your music!!!   Cry
Annie
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »

This album has made me do nothing but smile 

Is everyone really crying (like actual tears) as they listen to it, or are we talking more in the figurative sense?

Chinese Democracy =  Grin ...  Not  Cry
I am with you on this one. CHINESE DEMOCRACY makes me very happy!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »

Basically all of This I Love, especially the last part and especially when he says "I?ll never say goodbyyyyyyyyyeeeeee"...man, It really made me cry, not a lot of songs make me cry but this one did. Unbelievable, Axl is just unbelievable! The lyrics and music are just too beautiful, plus I might be in a very confusing situation, so that helps.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 12:12:13 PM by Dot » Logged

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2009, 08:32:21 PM »

I have to go fall in love, have my heart broken, and listen to this record again.
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2009, 10:54:23 AM »

This I Love hasn't made me cry, but I'll admit it really tugs at me. It was supposed to be on the soundtrack for What Dreams May Come, and watching the video for it up on youtube brings back alot of sorrow.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2009, 11:08:47 AM »

I have to go fall in love, have my heart broken, and listen to this record again.

Same. Probably with someone else though.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2009, 11:12:20 AM »

But if the girl/boy won't leave you?

You really don't have to be in tears to appreciate this album, do you?
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »

This I Love hasn't made me cry, but I'll admit it really tugs at me. It was supposed to be on the soundtrack for What Dreams May Come, and watching the video for it up on youtube brings back alot of sorrow.

the producers of that movie are fucking idiots if they didn't want 'this i love' in there stupid crappy movie. 

i wonder if axl would have delivered the album sooner if the song got picked up for that movie.
Annie
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »

the producers of that movie are fucking idiots if they didn't want 'this i love' in there stupid crappy movie. 

i wonder if axl would have delivered the album sooner if the song got picked up for that movie.
That movie was kind of weird.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: