Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 11:04:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?  (Read 15435 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »

This I Love made me cry like a school girl because I never thought Axl would put something out that was this bad.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »

This I Love made me cry like a school girl because I never thought Axl would put something out that was this bad.

I hope that didn't ruin your make up!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 12:20:59 PM »

I hope that didn't ruin your make up!

It did run into my eyes a bit but I toughed it out.  I now where water proof guyliner so when I hear Axl's emo song I won't have the same issues again. crying

/jarmo

Dammit, your name was hiding from me!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:22:47 PM by gilld1 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »

Emo?

You gotta be trying to make a funny joke, but obviously failing....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 01:37:57 PM »

the crappy booklet

nah......

Re-Union time, baby!!
chilly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »

A really good friend of mine died in 2006, motorcycle accident.

He wasn't really a gn'r fan, he was younger than me and oasis was his "first band" and he was a die hard fan, til the bitter end, anyhoot.... he came to download with us and was stunned by the gn'r performance, the walk offs the comeback, he really enjoyed the fuck you attitude axl had, after that all I got was play Better!!play better!!( the demo)
he died shortly after, everytime I hear the outro solo..I get close to tears and I wish the Lil' fucker could have heard the album.

Bittersweet as fuck.

Chilly.

"this is so real, like the time dave floated away..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 02:30:15 PM »

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sad

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »

after that all I got was play Better!!play better!!( the demo) he died shortly after,

your post is making me cry Cry

chilly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »

and the maddest thing is, that we made it on to the kerrang tv advert, he fell asleep after days on the booze and splendor and we started to cover him in grass, bit by bit, as time went on people started to join in and pretty soon, he was covered in grass and we had a crowd...a few people took photo's and a camera man filmed us, when we got home....we were on ch4.

I miss him, taddy r.i.p

"this is so real, like the time dave floated away..."
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 03:45:34 PM »

Emo?

You gotta be trying to make a funny joke, but obviously failing....

/jarmo

I just can't listen to TIL.  Way too Broadway/emo for me.  I know it is not as emo as Fall Out Boy but it is as close as Axl has ever come to being a total pussy.

Why are you so harsh all the time?  Jaded?
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »

This I Love, repeatedly  hihi  crying

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »

I just can't listen to TIL.  Way too Broadway/emo for me.  I know it is not as emo as Fall Out Boy but it is as close as Axl has ever come to being a total pussy.

Still don't get the emo connection.

So you say it's not as emo as an emo band, but it's still is.

It's like saying your post is insightful and then point out how it's really not.

Why are you so harsh all the time? 

First you call Axl a pussy and then you seem offended by my language. So who's the pussy?

I'm harsh? Yeah, if you're trolling threads in the GN'R section looking for attention, I might say something about it and it might offend you.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:28:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »

Back on topic...

For some strange reason the part that repeatedly makes me emotional is in Catcher when Axl sings "...and then the voices went away/For me..."

I don't know... Just a strange feeling of redemption... or somesuch. Like I just have witnessed some tormented soul smiling for the first time in ages. Being freed from his/her burden. Simply touching.

Anyway, real men don't cry....  Wink
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 04:40:01 PM »

Still don't get the emo connection.

So you say it's not as emo as an emo band, but it's still is.

It's like saying your post is insightful and then point out how it's really not.

Why are you so harsh all the time? 

First you call Axl a pussy and then you seem offended by my language. So who's the pussy?

I'm harsh? Yeah, if you're trolling threads in the GN'R section looking for attention, I might say something about it and it might offend you.

/jarmo

I said he was close to being a total pussy.  I never said he was a full on pussy.

It's not bubblegum pop punk like emo but I get some of the same feel sorry for me stuff from it that emo has in it.

I never said I was offended.  I just asked a question.  I'm not looking for a fight but you seem to get pissy with everyone.

I am not trolling or seeking attention, just sharing my opinion.  Isn't that what this board is for?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »

It's not bubblegum pop punk like emo but I get some of the same feel sorry for me stuff from it that emo has in it.

Would you say November Rain is emo?

Don't Cry?

How about something manly like Metallica. Nothing Else Matters, emo?

I'm not looking for a fight but you seem to get pissy with everyone.

Only the "special" people.

I am not trolling or seeking attention, just sharing my opinion.  Isn't that what this board is for?

Oh please.

Read your first post in this thread.

If you're not looking for attention, then what was that?

In addition, I don't know how singing about true feelings is considered "close to being a total pussy."

If anything, that takes more balls!

Putting something personal out there for the world to judge requires a lot more balls than to just pretend and write songs about nothing personal.

In contrast, hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet doesn't require balls at all...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:16:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 04:59:12 PM »

I just love Catcher in the Rye, This I Love, If The World...it really doesn't take a lot to make me cry

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »

i get teary eyed at random parts of Axl's signing. I think sometimes it's because i'm just so happy to hear his voice again.

it's amazing though, like someone else mentioned, each time you hear the album, new sounds are discovered.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2009, 06:54:08 PM »

This I Love... all of it, but especially the guitar solo and the "I?ve searched the universe and found myself within her eyes"

Also Cather, when he sings "On an ordinary day/ not in an ordinary way..."  until the end  Undecided
I really don't know why, but...

That's all... the rest just makes me happy to hear Axl's voice again Grin

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »

Hey Axlative, I disagree...real men do cry.

My first tears shed upon hearing the album occurred on the drive home from Best Buy...Track 4.  God damn Street of Dreams just blew me away...the emotion of the tune got me right there.  Beautiful.

This I Love has hit me the most though.  The one fan-made vid for it had me friggin blubbering like a baby every damn time I watched it.  I couldn't even explain the theme of the movie the vid used to my bro-in-law without being stopped by the tears...

In the past, There Was a Time brought me to tears the 1st listen...fucking gorgeous.

CITR, Maddy, and Prostitute have done it at times as well.

All in all, six out of the 14 have brought me to tears...yes, I love the album.   love

Let me get something straight here...I don't cry with just any tune.  So Fine did nothing for me.  I dug Don't Cry, but it never brought me to tears though.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 08:27:25 AM »

Would you say November Rain is emo?

Don't Cry?

How about something manly like Metallica. Nothing Else Matters, emo?

I'm not looking for a fight but you seem to get pissy with everyone.

Only the "special" people.

Oh please.

Read your first post in this thread.

If you're not looking for attention, then what was that?

In addition, I don't know how singing about true feelings is considered "close to being a total pussy."

If anything, that takes more balls!

Putting something personal out there for the world to judge requires a lot more balls than to just pretend and write songs about nothing personal.

In contrast, hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet doesn't require balls at all...

/jarmo

OK, perhaps calling it emo was a bit harsh but the song does nothing for me.  I think it is by far the worst song Axl has ever written.  NR, DC and other GnR ballads had a different feel to them.  They still rocked in their own way. 

Thanks, I think you're special too!!

What's wrong with the first post?  I was answering the question at hand.  Just because I am a fan of the band doesn't mean I have to like every song they put out.

I have no problem with Axl singing about his true, albeit 15 years old, feelings.  I guess that is probably my biggest problem with the song.  He's spilling his heart out about a relationship that ender a decade and half ago.  That would be like me still being broken hearted about my high school love.  I just don't get it.  It's time to move on.

I am not hiding behind anything.  If you were here and we were having the same conversation I would tell you the exact same thing.  Something tells me you wouldn't have the same cocky attitude face to face.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: