Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 06:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League  (Read 60880 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2009, 11:11:56 PM »

I betcha Junior wouldn't even buy the operation now.  Even at a bargain basement price.  Damaged goods are no good.

Dale Jr. has bigger problems right now like winning races or at least finishing races. These races where he finishes 15th or worse every race just isn't going to cut it. The last thing he would even need to think about would be running his own team.

Which means his focus hasn't been there for a few years, as he wrangled behind the scenes at DEI to buy the team.

I wonder if he will ever win another race again.  That Michigan win was cheap in my book.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #181 on: July 08, 2009, 09:11:14 PM »

Which means his focus hasn't been there for a few years, as he wrangled behind the scenes at DEI to buy the team.

I wonder if he will ever win another race again.  That Michigan win was cheap in my book.

If Dale Jr. would have gain majority control of DEI, I don't think it would have made any difference to how many races he'd be winning right now. I still think he'd be having lousy performances day in and day out and still have all the stress of what it takes to run a Cup team organization.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »

Then it is settled.

He doesn't know how to drive.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »

Then it is settled.

He doesn't know how to drive.

No, I think he can drive he's just distracted by something else. Not sure what is is though. And his capabilities and talent were way over hyped.

Did anyone see this article on Yahoo yesterday?

Earnhardt: I'd like to race in Indy 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=Aqi1eVj0aAEdMhK4y.6giDXov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-brickyard-earnhardt&prov=ap&type=lgns

When I first read this headline yesterday, I instantly flash backed to the early 1990's when there was a lot of talk about Dale Earnhardt, Sr. racing in Indy car.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:07:13 PM by Drew » Logged

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2009, 08:28:10 PM »

Now why does he even want to do that?  He would kill himself driving one of those bullets.

I'd like to see him WIN a Nationwide race before he tries anything else.  Yes, a Nationwide race.

Fuck that guy man, it's so hard to be a fan of someone who just doesn't care.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »

Now why does he even want to do that?  He would kill himself driving one of those bullets.

I'd like to see him WIN a Nationwide race before he tries anything else.  Yes, a Nationwide race.

Fuck that guy man, it's so hard to be a fan of someone who just doesn't care.

I think it would be cool to see him race the Indy 500 one day. But like he said, it would have to be where the Indy 500 and Cup race are not on the same day.

You bring up a good point Garry in regards to him winning a Grand National race. As much as my idea would start off a fire storm, I think it would be a great idea for him to start running more Grand National races every year. I know the cars are different so he couldn't transfer a lot of what he learns over to the Cup car but I think he could do him a lot of good. I also think he shouldn't race the road courses either. He never runs good at Sonoma or Watkins Glen and it would be just a smart move on Hendrick's part to find a substitute driver for those races. And if he's running more Grand National races, he can run the Canada road course and try to get better.

Whatcha think about that?  Grin

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2009, 09:55:14 PM »

I like everything you said except the one about him being taken out of road course races.  Remember, he was running 6th at Sonoma at the end when he got knocked out.  And he is always a threat to win at Watkins Glen, believe it or not.

He could have really honed his craft if he ran more Grand National races in the earlier part of this decade.  But Budweiser wouldn't allow him to run in that series.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 03:04:57 PM by Obsolete » Logged
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2009, 08:14:35 AM »

I wasn't aware that Budweiser wouldn't allow Dale Jr. to run as many Grand National races he wanted to race. Were they afraid he could be injured in a wreck or was it about something else? He always races both Cup and Grand National races at Talladega and Daytona. I would think if Budweiser was afraid of any tracks, Talladega and Daytona would be at the top of their list not race in lol. They are a few other tracks like Charlotte, Atlanta, and maybe Bristol that he races double duty often as well.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2009, 03:05:36 PM »

Actually, their reason was that Junior racing in the Grand National series would hurt the Budweiser brand and image.

Also another reason why he had so little special paint schemes from 1999-2007
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2009, 04:12:12 PM »

Actually, their reason was that Junior racing in the Grand National series would hurt the Budweiser brand and image.

Hurt the brand? Give me a break. I can understand their reason to limit paint schemes in the Cup car though, but to not let him race in the Grand National races because it would hurt their brand is very petty.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »

Hurt the brand? Give me a break. I can understand their reason to limit paint schemes in the Cup car though, but to not let him race in the Grand National races because it would hurt their brand is very petty.

All the different sponsorships and the like.  Du Pont doesn't allow Jeff to race in the Grand National series either.  For the exact same reason.  They only wanted people to associate Junior with Budweiser, not Oreo's or Warner Bros.  (Some of the sponsors for the limited races he ran.)

Dale Sr. was lucky to have Goodwrench backing him in the Grand National Series.  He raced in that series until 1994, if I have my facts correct.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »

Rain!

We only need one Pocono race, and it needs to be shortened to 400 miles.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2009, 06:07:30 PM »

Rain!

LOL..........one race? Are you kidding me Garry?  rofl They should leave Pocono off the schedule all together. Another thing I've never understood is that only 5-6 weeks separate the two races. NASCAR obviously wants to makes fans suffer through both races in a relatively short period of time.  Grin

I knew from the time NASCAR Today came on this morning that there would be no race. And what I was surprised to hear is ESPN didn't even try to downplay the rain and try to say there would be a high possibility of the race happening today. I guess they knew the fans would not buy it.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »

Rain!

LOL..........one race? Are you kidding me Garry?  rofl They should leave Pocono off the schedule all together. Another thing I've never understood is that only 5-6 weeks separate the two races. NASCAR obviously wants to makes fans suffer through both races in a relatively short period of time.  Grin

I knew from the time NASCAR Today came on this morning that there would be no race. And what I was surprised to hear is ESPN didn't even try to downplay the rain and try to say there would be a high possibility of the race happening today. I guess they knew the fans would not buy it.

A triangle is better than another cookie cutter...not by much though.  Undecided

Yeah, we never buy the network's crap!  I saw rain and I bolted from the television set.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2009, 04:50:59 PM »

A triangle is better than another cookie cutter...not by much though.  Undecided

I'd rather go for another road course.

Do you think it could possibly ever work to run a road circuit in a city?

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2009, 05:31:06 PM »

I'd rather go for another road course.

Do you think it could possibly ever work to run a road circuit in a city?

If there was a way to make it so there were no crashes, a city might give it a try. Couldn't imagine the costs of damage for a 10 car pile up in Times Square where one car went skidding into the MTV Studios or Hard Rock Cafe.

I think that would be pretty cool though -- something different for sure!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:47 PM »

If there was a way to make it so there were no crashes, a city might give it a try. Couldn't imagine the costs of damage for a 10 car pile up in Times Square where one car went skidding into the MTV Studios or Hard Rock Cafe.

I think that would be pretty cool though -- something different for sure!

Yes, I also think it would be a tremendous cost for the hosting city and NASCAR to pull it off. NYC would be too hard to pull it off with how busy that place is. Plus, I'd rather not see another race in that state anyways. One race is enough for NY state.

Maybe they could try San Diego, Seattle, or L.A. They could easily get rid of the California race in Fontana. I think a city like San Diego would be pretty cool. They always have so much beautiful weather.

It would be something different and something cool.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2009, 05:19:31 PM »

On NASCAR Now this afternoon, Marty Smith was wearing a Guns N' Roses t-shirt in the special Kasey Kahne interview.  Grin

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2009, 06:01:30 PM »

On NASCAR Now this afternoon, Marty Smith was wearing a Guns N' Roses t-shirt in the special Kasey Kahne interview.  Grin

Which one?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »

Which one?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: