Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:49:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  does chinese demcoracy make gnr cool to your parents?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: does chinese demcoracy make gnr cool to your parents?  (Read 7242 times)
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 05:19:28 PM »

i specifically remember during the appetite days my mom having to sit thru paradise city while i was riding in the car and hearing her say " i sure wish someone would take him home already " 

really funny memory!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 06:06:30 PM »

Yes. Definitely.

/jarmo

thank god i'm not alone!  what's your story?  i can't imagine that your parents wouldn't already love gnr since you are probably the biggest fan in the world.  how did chinese democracy convert them?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 08:55:02 PM »

my parents already liked guns.

sadly CD seems not to appeal to them like the old albums did.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 10:39:01 PM »

my parents already liked guns.

sadly CD seems not to appeal to them like the old albums did.

time to get new parents!  ones with better taste in music!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »

Yes. Definitely.

/jarmo

thank god i'm not alone!  what's your story?  i can't imagine that your parents wouldn't already love gnr since you are probably the biggest fan in the world.  how did chinese democracy convert them?

I don't think it's a matter of converting them.

The album is just cooler to them than the other GN'R albums.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 11:43:18 AM »

Hahaha You guys have great parents! At least they're open to rock n' roll, be it Zepp, Beatles or Stones...

I'm 27 and I have a 2 year old daughter, maybe she'll like GnR because she already likes rock.

Maybe my father would like CD but he's dead long before I started listening GnR. Too bad.
And my mother is pretty sure that "rock is the devil's music", she will never listen GnR, no matter what.  Cry

gnrfan1797
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »

nah my dad loves country and hates rock and my mom is old timer music like the beatles but they never cared what i listened to they were always pretty cool
commissioner
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 02:40:19 PM »

My Mother loved SORRY & This I Love!!
He could probably sing the phone book in a "november rain" style and she would listen forever  Wink
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 03:07:59 PM »

My dad HATES GnR. They could release an album of Irish rebel songs (his favorite music Roll Eyes) and he still wouldn't listen. He loathes them.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
Julio Von Kummer
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 11:04:40 PM »

It's so funny 'cause I was raised with so much music around me and even in my earliest memories I can remember my father listen to The Beatles, Elton John , Eagles and a lot of brazilian music as well.When I was a kid my mommy listen to ABBA all the time.When I came with Guns my mommy just fell in love for Axl and my dad didn't like...When they marriage broke up, I was going to live with my grandparents, where I'm still today.
And it's funny 'cause my gramma loves Guns N' Roses so much!She's 74 year old and listen to a lot of things that I show her without any prejudice.   
Of course, she always prefers the ballads and their favorite song is "Patience".
I am very blessed to have grandparents that has always supported me.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 01:00:39 AM »

I'm 14, I havent let my parents listen to it, but if GnR go on tour, I wouldnt mind goin with my dad, cuz I know that he'd be impressed and I hope they do Knockin on heavens door, cuz I know he likes that song, and Id love to c his face wen Axl screams it. lol

If I have kids they'll def b raised on gnr Cheesy

I just think it's funny, because some of you guys are talking about parents that must be at least my age, if not a little younger even.  Gnr came out with AFD when I was in my late 20's and I was done, bought, sold.   But then, I listen to a lot of what might be considered harder rock music - always have. 

I'm sure your dad would be very impressed. 

As for your kids - well, don't count on that one.  My kid was raised in a home with more hard core music, including GnR, and he's not impressed.  Go figure.  No matter what mom or dad listen to, there comes a point where it becomes "yuck".  Not that he doesn't know who and what GnR are about - he does - he's just never been very impressed by it.   

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 01:11:43 AM »

CD does not make me "cool" to my parents, but it helped prove my Dad "wrong".  I remember back in 87-88 when I had all the GNR posters and magazine pictures plastering my bedroom, he once said...."No one will ever remember Guns N Roses in 20 years". 

However this is one of the only things that the old man said that has not come true.  It is amazing that the older you get, they more right your rents become.  Wrong on GNR though baby!! I showed him the album when he came to visit last xmas.  Not bad for band that would not be remembered in 20 years hey dad?  He grinned and shook his head.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
GIMH
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 08:51:22 AM »

It was my Dad who made me a GNR fan
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »

CD does not make me "cool" to my parents, but it helped prove my Dad "wrong".  I remember back in 87-88 when I had all the GNR posters and magazine pictures plastering my bedroom, he once said...."No one will ever remember Guns N Roses in 20 years". 

However this is one of the only things that the old man said that has not come true.  It is amazing that the older you get, they more right your rents become.  Wrong on GNR though baby!! I showed him the album when he came to visit last xmas.  Not bad for band that would not be remembered in 20 years hey dad?  He grinned and shook his head.

beer  awesome.  please tell me you got a chance to play the music for him!  it would have been cool for your dad to admit he was wrong and really enjoy some of the amazing new music.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 09:56:29 PM »

My parents like the old stuff even if they weren't a fan of me listening to GnR because of the lyrical content when I was real young, but they came up in the 60's and 70's so they like that type of rock.  They like CD a lot though, especially since I got them in to Buckethead's solo stuff before the album came out
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 11:24:21 PM »

I'm 33 with two kids who are 13 and 8.  My husband and I have raised them totally on stuff from our high school and jr. high days.  I'm not saying we don't throw some other stuff in there, (Willie Nelson- huge jump, I know), but they definitely have a love for the "old school" stuff.  My 8 year old daughter's favorite song of all time is Paradise City, (she'll even take it over Hannah Monatana and the Jonas Brothers), and my son has an ipod full of Metallica, GnR, AC/DC, and more.  We listen to Chinese Democracy everyday, and we all sing along together.  My son has even added a couple of the songs to his myspace.  I love being able to ride in the car together and not fight about what we are listening to.  Ya gotta raise 'em right, ya know?

Oh, and my mom, who is pushing 60, will never admit it, but she loves GnR too.  She got so used to it with me growing up, that it just grew on her.  She knows more about them than she would ever want anyone to know!
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 08:34:39 PM »

I doubt it!! But then I haven't had the chance to commandeer Dad's stereo in a while.

I'm pretty sure they think Gn'R was cooler back when they thought they were cool too.  Cheesy   But they were never really fans - I heard more Dire Straits and Bob Dylan growing up than Guns. :p

do you even know where the fuck I am?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 09:49:43 PM »

I'm 33 with two kids who are 13 and 8.  My husband and I have raised them totally on stuff from our high school and jr. high days.  I'm not saying we don't throw some other stuff in there, (Willie Nelson- huge jump, I know), but they definitely have a love for the "old school" stuff.  My 8 year old daughter's favorite song of all time is Paradise City, (she'll even take it over Hannah Monatana and the Jonas Brothers), and my son has an ipod full of Metallica, GnR, AC/DC, and more.  We listen to Chinese Democracy everyday, and we all sing along together.  My son has even added a couple of the songs to his myspace.  I love being able to ride in the car together and not fight about what we are listening to.  Ya gotta raise 'em right, ya know?

Oh, and my mom, who is pushing 60, will never admit it, but she loves GnR too.  She got so used to it with me growing up, that it just grew on her.  She knows more about them than she would ever want anyone to know!
Thats the stuff that kids should be really listening to when i become a Dad i hope my kids are like yours in the music area it would be the greatest

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 10:34:47 PM »

Thats the stuff that kids should be really listening to when i become a Dad i hope my kids are like yours in the music area it would be the greatest

Yeah, it's nice that I don't have to worry them trying to turn 'Lil Wayne or something that I cannot deal with.  There is some hip hop stuff I can stand, but it has to be old school.  I try to appreciate everything and hope my kids will do the same.  I just thank God they are into my bands.  My son really listens to it all, ya know?  He is trying to figure out what all the songs are about.  He even prefers VH1 Classic to MTV.  It's great.
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2009, 07:54:31 AM »

My mom never liked rock, so at first, she only liked don't cry and november rain.
But one day, I caught her singing along to WTTJ hahaha.
Now she likes almost all of the songs...

She likes ChiDem too, even asked me to put it in her Ipod.

My dad has horrible taste in music. HORRIBLE. So I don't even try.

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: