Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 04:30:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227994 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released  (Read 27297 times)
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2009, 12:28:10 PM »

The Virgin Megatore in Orlando, FL was selling 'CD' on vinyl a few months back.

I've also noticed several obscure record shops carrying it as well.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2009, 12:55:01 PM »

Yeah, they've imported it themselves.

I've seen the album in multiple record stores in the US.

/jarmo

isn't it naturally more costly than domestic one?
gav
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2009, 01:17:15 PM »

I don't mean to moan, but would it really hurt gnr to give us some sort of update about the current state of play ie- Best Buy deal ending/ re-release with different covers that Axl himself alluded to/ summer tour?

I really think the counter argument to an update that fans will simply twist shit and make assumptions and end up criticizing gnr even more cannot be applied here.

Perhaps Uncle Axl could re-visit a forum or two with some more questions answered, or at least the most pertinent ones.

King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2009, 03:07:14 PM »

I was just at my local Best Buy a couple of hours ago....still plenty of copies of Chinese Democracy to be had. Undecided

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2009, 10:53:21 PM »

6 months after Chinese Democracy is released.... is interest in this band at an all-time low?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2009, 10:54:21 PM »

I don't mean to moan, but would it really hurt gnr to give us some sort of update about the current state of play ie- Best Buy deal ending/ re-release with different covers that Axl himself alluded to/ summer tour?

I really think the counter argument to an update that fans will simply twist shit and make assumptions and end up criticizing gnr even more cannot be applied here.

Perhaps Uncle Axl could re-visit a forum or two with some more questions answered, or at least the most pertinent ones.

There is nothing Axl wants to tell us at this point or he would be doing so.  

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2009, 03:02:19 AM »

6 months after Chinese Democracy is released.... is interest in this band at an all-time low?

I would say yes, sadly. There seems to actually be less interest now than in the years leading up to C.D.

And there goes the challenger...
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2009, 03:26:16 AM »

sure seems that way...

People just don't seem to care the way we all hoped they would.  All the best buys by me have hundreds of copies of Chinese Democracy in stock...

I know that since it's an exclusive, and a big one at that, there should always be plenty of stock, but not like this.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2009, 04:12:23 AM »

It would seem that, unless your a hardcore GNR fan, you probably dont know who this band are.  Or unless you read music mags.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2009, 08:55:18 AM »

I was just at my local Best Buy a couple of hours ago....still plenty of copies of Chinese Democracy to be had. Undecided

I went to a Best Buy on Memorial Day. There was probably 40 copies sitting on the shelf.

dimitrisaxl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2009, 11:16:49 AM »

I went to a Best Buy on Memorial Day. There was probably 40 copies sitting on the shelf.

And if there were 5 copies sitting on the shelf and 35 hidden in the basement, that would make a difference?  Huh
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »

Considering they sold 600,000 out of the 1.5 million that Best Buy bought, is that any surprise?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »

Sadly, you are probably correct.  The prospect of CD, as well as the intermittent tours, was what kept most people interested.  Now the album has come out, the people who cared bought it (or downloaded it), the way it was promoted ensured that people who weren't particularly interested never became interested.  There is no mythical new album on the horizon, no tour, no word on what is going on.  So naturally, interest will be low.  When they announce a tour, or when there's some indication that the next album may be on the way, interest will pick up again
axl_on_drums
Opening Act

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »

No doubt.

Sad but true
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2009, 09:13:57 PM »

For those bitching about sales, CD has sold close to 3 million worldwide so far...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2009, 09:38:21 PM »

Strike that, that was in February, so it's probably well over 3 mill. by now! ok

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2009, 11:41:49 PM »

Strike that, that was in February, so it's probably well over 3 mill. by now! ok
While that might be true, and don't get me wrong, I'm ever the optimist.  But I don't think it's sold very well as of late.  In fact, I'd go so far to say sales have pretty much come to a screeching halt, especially in the US.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2009, 11:44:17 PM »

What makes you make that assesment? Not that I care about sales, but perhaps they will improve when the album is out of Best Buy's hands?

GN'R 2010!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2009, 11:47:58 PM »

What makes you make that assesment? Not that I care about sales, but perhaps they will improve when the album is out of Best Buy's hands?
Well I know for a fact it hasn't sold well in the US recenlty.  It dropped out of the top 200 a couple months ago at least.  I'm not sure about the worldwide sales of late but I'd venture to guess if they were selling well we'd have heard the numbers by now.  Ever since the 3 million mark was mentioned awhile back there hasn't been an udate.  Again, I'm just guessing, I don't know for sure.  But if it had crossed the 4 or 5 million mark we probably would've been alerted.

And getting into more stores than just Best Buy would help sales a little, but at this point there needs to be more than just the CD being in stores.  I'm not that wrapped up in sales either, but without a significant push sales won't improve much.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:49:43 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2009, 12:03:18 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't 3 million plus be considered pretty good sales after just six months?

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: