Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:43:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 122623 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2009, 03:45:07 PM »

I think it's time you decided which side you're on.

Surely you can like any band any artist but your liking their music doesn't mean you have to love them in person, right?

I never gotten into that whole argument thing.
Why I am here is because I love hearing Axl sing and watching him perform.

And of course because of the board. beer

Whats got me back into Axl was the attempt to explore and make new music, while keeping his own touch on it.

Do we really need a million bands playing the same music?
Isn't it enough with one oldguns, one Gorgoroth, one Buckethead, one Motley Crue, one The Prodigy?

Mindless entertainment and copycatting can be good too,-
But, I never had a real passion for a band unless it's something genuine the artist try express.

Sure, listening to Slash can feel good-
-but I'm not gonna comment much on him and his relationship unless they ask me Tongue

It's still great to see diferent sides of a story peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2009, 04:00:35 PM »

Umm, do you think the opposite would've been better? "Axl says GN'R reunion might happen!"..

Umm, did I suggest he say the reverse Huh

How about his first come back interview he discusses his feelings of the old lineup, lays out his side, answers some follow ups  and then says from here on out that issue is off topic from his end? And then talks about the new band and the making of CD, the future, his goals, his views,the weather, etc,etc  in that same interview as well as any future interviews,,,

again, not that hard...especially for someone who knows how to remain silent on certain issues
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:05:10 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2009, 04:10:21 PM »

Umm, do you think the opposite would've been better? "Axl says GN'R reunion might happen!"..

Umm, did I suggest he say the reverse Huh

How about his first come back interview he discusses his feelings of the old lineup, lays out his side, answers some follow ups  and then says from here on out that issue is off topic from his end? And then talks about the new band and the making of CD, the future, his goals, his views,the weather, etc,etc  in that same interview as well as any future interviews,,,

again, not that hard...especially for someone who knows how to remain silent on certain issues

He doesn't have to say the opposite for the headlines!

I thought you could see that.

Did you ever read any old Axl interviews?

Did you get the impression that he talks about what he feels like? Even if it means he won't spend the whole interview talking about his current album?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »

He doesn't have to say the opposite for the headlines!

I thought you could see that.
Yea but the interview would be a one time deal in regards to headlines. Axl has spoken 3 different times and each have produced these negative headlines. Plus he has never said hes done talking about it. In fact, hes always implying that there is more that will come out. Not good.

A one time, lay it all out, type interview would have been the best way to handle the past and then move on.

Did you get the impression that he talks about what he feels like? Even if it means he won't spend the whole interview talking about his current album?
Can you stop telling me that Axl can do and say whatever he wants? Guess what...I already know that!

No one is disputing that. But with that comes consequences. We are trying to help Axl avoid some of those consequences

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #344 on: February 28, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »

We are trying to help Axl avoid some of those consequences

What are you, his advisor?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »

What are you, his advisor?
If I was lucky enough to have that oppurtunity we probably wouldnt be having this convo right now about all this negativity ok
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:24:35 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #346 on: February 28, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »

Axl has spoken 3 different times and each have produced these negative headlines. Plus he has never said hes done talking about it. In fact, hes always implying that there is more that will come out. Not good.

Not good? In the sense that since you don't want to hear about it, it's not good?

A one time, lay it all out, type interview would have been the best way to handle the past and then move on.

Can you stop telling Axl how to conduct himself?

We are trying to help Axl avoid some of those consequences

How noble of you.

Can you stop acting like some kind of career guidance counselor?

Always with the career advice. What he should do instead of what he's done/doing.

What makes you suitable for the job?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:31:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #347 on: February 28, 2009, 04:29:48 PM »

Another thing, About the guitar and the Hard Rock

Slash is a guitar player, And I know most guitar players, TAKE their guitars with them on road trips cause hotel rooms get lonely and boring and when you get in your hotel room, u play around on your guitar.

So maybe they saw Slash with a guitar case headed up to his hotel room and for whatever reasons they got freaked out when he probably takes a guitar EVERYWHERE he goes.

what was the guy going to do? run past security with a guitar, jump on stage and start acoustically jamming on his electric?

Please

Yeah.... and I bet a famous musician gets bored in a hotel room let alone its Vegas  rofl  gimme a break Slash wanted to play, Axl said no and Slash looks stupid.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #348 on: February 28, 2009, 04:31:02 PM »

Not good? In the sense that since you don't want to hear about it, it's not good?
Who wants to hear about it besides hard core gnr fans? Will the avg grn or rock fan change their feeling about how they feel about the breakup of the old band?

Jarmo....NO ONE CARES...that ship has sailed.

Can you stop telling Axl how to conduct himself?
naaaaaaaaaa

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #349 on: February 28, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »

Jarmo....NO ONE CARES...that ship has sailed.

But but but... Since no one cares, why are there headlines on all major music web sites?  Huh

/jarmo

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #350 on: February 28, 2009, 04:37:48 PM »

Funny how people come here to defend Slash ! honest to god, the guy is a manipulator, liar, and is stuck in the 80's.  I prefer Robin's playing ! especially since he challenges himself to play diffrent.  Unlike Slash's recycled guitar riffs.  I believe everything Axl say's he wouldn't wait this long and just starting lying about this stuff.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #351 on: February 28, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »

But but but... Since no one cares, why are there headlines on all major music web sites?
Im talking about the fans. The majority of people think Axl broke up the old band and is a control freak. He unfortunately cannot change that. He is coming across as being a bitter person.

Hes better off just doing his own thing with the band and if people want to enjoy it, great, if not, fuk em

and Ill stop "telling" Axl what to do when you stop telling people what kind of fan they are, etc

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2009, 04:47:04 PM »

But but but... Since no one cares, why are there headlines on all major music web sites?
Im talking about the fans. The majority of people think Axl broke up the old band and is a control freak. He unfortunately cannot change that.

Nobody cares. Right.

Here you are posting away... Obviously you don't care.

Stop fooling yourself. When Axl speaks, people listen.

Even if it means they'll whine about what he said, what he didn't say, what they think he meant when he said something or what he should've said.

He is coming across as being a bitter person.

And when I said similar things about you, you said I was insulting you.

and Ill stop "telling" Axl what to do when you stop telling people what kind of fan they are, etc

A bit different.

I have my definition of the word "fan", you have yours.

Now, we both know you have no qualifications whatsoever to be managing Axl Rose's career from your computer desk. Smiley

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2009, 04:53:11 PM »

Here you are posting away... Obviously you don't care
Did I say I didnt care?

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2009, 05:21:01 PM »

"He wrote that whole bit about not having his guitar in Vegas, I'd assume, to save face. "

What story is Axl refering to here? The two NY shows?

*Ahem*

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #355 on: February 28, 2009, 05:41:11 PM »

Funny how people come here to defend Slash ! honest to god, the guy is a manipulator, liar, and is stuck in the 80's.  I prefer Robin's playing ! especially since he challenges himself to play diffrent.  Unlike Slash's recycled guitar riffs.  I believe everything Axl say's he wouldn't wait this long and just starting lying about this stuff.

God, I cant beleive this shit is back again.  The album comes out, and we are back to Axl vs slash for the 1000000000000000000th time.  How do you know slash is all that? I dont know either way.  Like Axl is perfect?  You dont know either one of them. I am happy you prefer robin over slash.  Doesnt change the fact that anyone even knows robin is because of the gnr name which SLASH was a MAJOR part of the success.  Like who ever you want.  I still dont know why we have to be on a certain side?  All I know is Axl is/was my favorite front man of all time.  When I hear all the classics, Slash was standing by his side.  He leaves, and all of a sudden his contributions dont exist?  Like which version you like.  You will NEVER change my mind, and I will NEVER change yours.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:00:34 PM by freddiebrph » Logged
Death Cube K
« Reply #356 on: February 28, 2009, 05:46:24 PM »

So what was the point in this interview?

Clearly it wasn't talking about Chinese Democracy, so what was the deal?
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #357 on: February 28, 2009, 05:51:54 PM »

you know whats funny right now.that people bitch no matter what.when axl was silent they bitch no news ever.but now he opens up and gives a little more of himself to others.then you say he blew it with this interview and stuff negative.there was no real hope for a reunion ever i think.axl still needs to share his side still.if that is the case then so be it.at least axl is opening up.

the one an only horsey !
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #358 on: February 28, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »

Over thinking, over analyzing REALLY separates the body from the mind.

Axl has choose to communicate with Music.. he has given several inteviews, he has loged on this forum to chat with fans, and people had the chanse to ask him anything.. And now, after another interview made public, people are acting like this is his last, and critizise his way of doing it.. overanalyzing everything, and jugde his way of expressing imself... GnR fans may have patience and love for the band, but some are really troubled also...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #359 on: February 28, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »

ALways the same stuff.

When the album wasn't out, you guys were complaining about it.

When the album came out, you guys were asking when a dvd would come out, and when Chinese Democracy 2 was coming out.

When Axl doesn't give interviews you guys are begging him to do so.

When Axl DOES give an interview (and every time he does) you guys are whining about the fact that you don't like what he says!

One sentence is right for you.

GET ON BOARD OR FUCK OFF!

Jarmo, don't waste your time...Wink

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013